Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Review

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Nefarious, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

I have a quite old phone.. (Iphone 4) & I am planning on buying a new phone. I don't want a very expensive phone & I wanted to get a samsung because it seems as if they can do more than iPhones. Well me questions are...

Is the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime a good, non lagging, reliable smart phone?

Is it worth it's cheap price of $149?

Is this phone ultimately better than the iphone 4?

Thanks everyone for your input

~Nefarious

2. This game is made for apple, Just buy a Iphone 6s or something

3. It is? I definitley don't want to buy a phone where I can't play this game because this is my favorite game..

4. Just from reading this, you're running low end specs, do not get.

Chipset Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410
    CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53
    GPU Adreno 306

MEMORY
    Card slot microSD, up to 64 GB
    Internal 8 GB, 1 GB RAM

$200-$300 should get you at least a snapdragon 610-15

2gb of ram and maybe 16gb of internal storage with the option of sd.

What's the main purpose for the device?

5. Sent from my iPhone.

6. Do not engage. Just from specs it looks and sounds bad. But that also just depends on what the purpose of the phone is.

Sent from my HTC ONE M9

7. I had an iphone 4 to and I was looking at the oneplus whatever and they looked really good, had top and specs and a fair price I think. Much better value than an iphone in my opinion.

8. Get a moto g or something.

9. Prime?

Still not an iPhone...

10. If you want a cheap phone but with good specifications you should look at "exotic" OEM: Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus. Unfortunately last two are hard to get in USA. But for $250 you can get Huawei P8 lite. 1.2Ghz octa-core CPU, 2Gb Ram, 16Gb expandable storage, 13Mp camera and 5" display.

11. huawai is pretty good recently, especially the mediapad 2.

12. If used is an option, Amazon has verizon prepaid s4's for around $125. Then just get on with straight talk and you got a decent plan with verizon service and a phone that is still quite nice.

13. I have a s5 it works great. Remember that older phones become unable to get the new latest stuff. For instance kaw just announced that phones that hold a older software they are not gonna make updates to game for those phones anymore.

14. 

15. Those are some pretty nice specs, i wouldn't say low end, entry level would be more accurate.

The Moto G LTE (XT1045) served me well. I really liked that phone. The Moto X as well. This prime and the Moto G have extremely similar specs.

Filthy ARM peasants *moodface*

Get onto the x86 mobile platform!

Asus Zenfrone 2 for life, with custom ROMs of course.

Aside from that, the galaxy prime sounds like a great device for the price. However, you can have a $1000 (USD) and still get crappy performance. Why? Take software into account as well. If it is running stock Android it should be fine, but samsungs ROMs work even better.

With that said, i think for the price of $145 (USD) it's a great deal and a massive upgrade from a Iphone 4. Plus, think of all the customizations and feature's that are restricted on a IOS device.

16. This is true. But P8, Mate S and Nexus 6P fall into a different price category.

17. I wouldn't get a samsung personally, they're capable of getting viruses and malware unlike iPhones, they don't get viruses of any sort

18. You would have to go out of your way to get a virus(are there even virus's anymore?) or malware.

Correct me if im wrong, but if you get your apps from the playstore you are just as safe as someone on idevice using the apple store.