politics with a moose

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Putin vs. Trump. The end all?

2. Price went down when USA started to extract more oil. But the market collapsed once the sanctions against Iran was lifted.

3. I don't like politics lol

4. Putin and trump would be friends, I think.

5. Putin would win no question

6. Absolutely.

7. There have been plenty of Christians that have had multiple wives while being divorced

8. The evangelicals don't get upset over Republicans' divorces or dating scandals, as long as they say "merry christmas" instead of "happy holidays" (no matter how many non-christians they may be speaking to").

9. As an evangelical my self, I can honestly say that you paint with too broad a brush. Scum bag right wingers like newt Gingrich bother me. Rudy Guiliani is another person who I could not supoort. His personal life was a wreck as well. Not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all evangelical people are phonies. Just a word to the wise. Be careful with your broad sweeping statements, as they make you look hateful, they obscure any broader point you wish to score, and they cost you credibility.

10. Really Moose? Do you want to explain all the generalizations in your posts, including the OP?

I'll admit that my statements do not apply to all evangelical voters, just as nobody's statements here could possibly apply to every single self proclaimed member of every group that has ever been mentioned.

But tell me, where is the nationwide evangelical backlash against trump Gingrich Santorum and others, compared to when Starbucks decided not to put Merry Christmas all over its cups?

Trump has divorces and talks about wanton destruction of civilians (usually non-christian, but that shouldn't matter), and no-one (very few - just for you Moose) complains. Trump says he'll put merry christmas on all White House holiday cards, and receives cheers and support from evangelicals all over the country.

I'd say mine was a very fair generalization.

11. Well what a waste of time that was, also how can you say Obama was bad?

12. I do not find him amusing, I am not voting for him, and if he is elected, I'm moving to Canada.

13. You lost me at "Trump"....

14. I'll assume your trolling me, as I know (or hope) you're more astute than this. Where is the national evangelical backlash against trump? I'll show you.

Ever hear of mark belling? He's an evangelical. He also hosts a morning conservative talk show. You can podcast him on "www.belling.com" he rips trump daily, AND, he holds the Marconi award (a big deal for radio talkers) He holds one hell of a megaphone, and has frequently done national broadcasting.

Ever hear of jay Webber? Here is another evangelical talker. He runs a morning radio show. You can stream him by downloading your iheart radio app and looking up WISN, news talk 1130. Webber has several hundred thousand followers.

Ever hear of mark steyn?
    Mark Steyn (born December 8, 1959) is a Canadian author, writer, journalist, and conservative political commentator. He has written five books, including America Alone: The End of the World As We Know It, a New York Times bestseller. He is published in newspapers and magazines, and appears on shows such as those of Rush Limbaugh, Hugh Hewitt, and Sean Hannity.

Steyn lives and works mainly in Woodsville, New Hampshire.
    Mark steyn has professed his Christianity numerous times in the air waves, and he has also ripped trump.

Do you know who mark levin is?
    Beginning in 1981, Mark R. Levin served as advisor to several members of President Ronald Reagan's Cabinet, eventually becoming Associate Director of Presidential Personnel and ultimately Chief of Staff to Attorney General Edwin Meese; Levin also served as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Elementary and Secondary Education at the U.S. Department of Education, and Deputy Solicitor of the U.S. Department of the Interior. He has practiced law in the private sector, and is president of the Landmark Legal Foundation in Leesburg, Virginia. He holds a B.A. from Temple University, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude, as well as a J.D. from the Temple University Beasley School of Law.

In 2001, the American Conservative Union named Levin the recipient of the prestigious Ronald Reagan Award.

Radio Host

Levin's first radio job was a Sunday afternoon show on WABC networks in 2002. In 2003, The Mark Levin Show was broadcast from the competitive 6:00 p.m. (EST) time slot, Monday through Friday. The show is distributed to over 150 stations and satellite radio by Citadel Media on ABC Radio Networks. His ever growing audience is top-rated on the AM frequency with over 5.5 million average listeners.

Mark levin has been calling a trump a big phony over and over and over again. Is he an evangelical? I honestly don't know, but he IS part of the national backlash.

Hopefully this has informed you.

As to the Starbucks fiasco....... Oh my god. Your citing a Facebook scandal. I view Facebook as a cesspool of ignorance. Talk to most evangelicals and you'll be very very hard pressed to find one who thinks the issue of Starbucks not putting Merry Christmas on cups is a big deal. That scandal, however, DOES give people like you a broad brush to paint with and yet another reason to hate people who are different than you. This makes you seem very trump like your self. Instead of shrugging the Starbucks thing off as a minor Facebook flap that a few fringe people made a fuss over, you're here in forum citing it as a legit example for the majority of evangelicals. Hopefully you don't REALLY believe the distortion you've presented to me, and instead see it as the flame bait that it really is, but if you don't, I can't change you.

Finally, remember, trump doesn't have over 50 percent support from the Republican Party, which means the majority oppose him. And, the people who oppose him, do so VERY strongly. Again, just sayin.......

As for my question to evangelicals in my opening post, it was directed at the minority of the "evangelical pie" who may out trump over the top in a close caucus race. I'll admit that it was poorly phrased, but, my point still remains.

15. The starbucks deal was fabricated by the news to create a story.

There are plenty of people who don't support trump.

Btw.. Look at the pictures of "evangelicals" in the news sometimes. They somehow seem to not include anyone but white skinned people.

Even in the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association pictures of the 50 states tour is having a hard time getting AA citizens to come pray at the state capitals. Its extremely odd. Reasoning could be that people are bussing churches to these events, and AA churches don't have the funds, which is a sad reality that the NAMB (North American Missions Board) is seeing.

The strongest voting block in america should be the black churches, which are even more hardline with theology than southern white churched.. But they are getting ignored.

Id like to know where they stand. It doesnt seem Carson has absorbed them.

16. America seems to like the craziest candidate and so far that's trump

17. You say he bankrupted those 6 businesses but yet he is still billionaire?

18. Trump is trolling everyone

19. Trump really I trolling everybody. It's sad the United States is too stupid to realize it too. He's basically taken the Mein Kampf and Americanized a nazi party and everything thinks it's freaking brilliant. The only people defending him lack knowledge of either politics, economics or history... or a group (if not all) of the 3. Trumps not just bad for the U.S. Him and Justin (Canadian president for you muriclans) hold such a radically different viewpoint that voting trump into power very well may actually cause a HUGE divide and collapse of alliance between the two countries. Trust me, the united states can't sustain that.
    Inb4 muriclan economic collapse. Wait, there's already visible signs that's what's happening.

20. True and OH GOD TRUE. Rand paul though people. Hmmm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.