Upcoming Feature: Clan Roles!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Day 2 of new clan roles, has revealed that whoever set these roles up has obviously never been a clan admin. Maybe it would have been prudent if they had some admin experience before they attempted to rewrite the clan roles. Now I'm waiting for the new ug to come out, that will attempt to straighten out the chaos caused by the last ug. I just keep saying to myself, if only the effort that was put into creating the chaos of clan roles, had been focused instead on fixing the kaw autocorrect instead. I'm sure we could have all enjoyed a really good laugh. It has also occurred to me that anyone who could turn an admin function that required one person to do, into a function that now requires 3 ppl to do, must be an ex-usa federal government emoloyee. Day 2 of new clan roles finds me in a dazed state of total disbelief & amusement. Now who will be the one to straighten these follies out and set the clan roles back to a sensible and functioning role. Still wondering what was the real purpose behind this chaos that has been created? Was it a last ditch effort to squeeze the last remaining pennies from our pockets? Can't wait to see what day 3 brings us.

2. Why the hell do spots have to be PAID for in a clan that the owner has already paid and put so much effort to create? What the hell is wrong with you people. It's bad enough these roles have just confused the hell out of everyone-as if there was anything wrong with admin- but now owner has to PAY to open new slots? Get a life kaw seriously

3. Ya kaw Get a life why the hell do we have to pay for buildings we already paid for the land jeez

4. Granting permissions to such fine levels might increase the administration load in KAW. End of the day, players will get nice titles but overall, it does not improve playability. We need to simplify things by reducing the number of user access groups.Thks

5. Ok so we had a setup ready for this change, and was able to immediately implement them once we could. I still dont think these are overall enhancements that make running a clan a easier task to alot of the clans out there.

1-If ya'll are doing responsibilities in tiers, why cant atleast the Captain position be able to do 2 of the basic functions of a admin, accept/reject join request and start epic battles. As is the only difference between Captain and Knight is being able to mute someone.

2-Let us buy as many of a position (especially if Captains and possibly Knights can do the basic function of accepting/rejecting join request and starting epic battles) as we want to, I dont see any reason for these limitations, if we want 99 war chiefs, and are willing to pay the required cost what does it matter to kaw? As is right now we basically had to pay gold out to demote atleast half or more of our current admins in well established clans.

Plus if you are looking for a gold sink that would give one, this limited clan structure you've given us is no gold sink for most build complete people or most lb clans.

If your not willing to revamp this structure could you, kaw developers, please kindly explain why you've choosen this structure with these limitations. As alot of complaints and suggestions here about it so just curious why you dont seem to hear them?

Thanks, Stacy_P

6. Agree with the post above, allow us to buy more of the slots. That would solve many of the issues although folks would still complain about the cost.

Also, make the armsmaster and other positions than can mange the door, also able to kick members for space. This is very obviously an issue, has been since day one, just fix it. It's ridiculous that your massive update messes with so many large clans due to what could be fixed in 5 minutes.

We have multiple co-owners and many active admins in all time zones....and a couple can even kick inactives and keep the clan running. It's awesome, we have to force 5-7 folks to be online constantly just because the devs won't expand the abilities.

Fix it ASAP please. It's very frustrating and it's making for a lot of very annoyed players.

7. You were only supposed to implement this 2 years ago.

8. What was wrong with just admin? All these new roles seem to me more like a step in the wrong direction. Plus you got to pay for those crap roles .

9. Why can't I select any "role" for any member ?

10. As a Warlord in your clan you should be able to manage roles for all clan members. Remember that you need to purchase the role slot first.

If you've already purchased the role and it doesn't work, I recommend you to send an email to support@athinkingape.com! :)

11. TY will do

12. After purchasing slots, can they be lost? Of an appointed member leaves the clan, will that slot be lost?

13. No it becomes available to be given to someone else

14. Why can't Commander and Armsmasters kick members. They are highly trusted roles IMO and when needing to clear space for an EB... Please change this Devs! If anything make it so Commander and Armsmaster can only kick soldiers.

15. Support!!
    And also make Captains be able to open door

16. I'm stopping buying for this game. New update worse thing ever. We play with Brits who are never on when we are. No one to start ebs unless we pay????? This suxs

17. Christ almighty this was a dumb idea. On so many levels. How did you manage to screw this up so bad. As my friend says you either laugh or cray and this is truly laughable.

18. New update sucks. wonder how many quit due to it?

19. "If it makes no sense, that's the way we need to do it. If it makes sense, surely we are doing something wrong and it needs to be fixed" - I will remind you Devs do not officially play KAW, they do not run clans or understand the subtleties that daily paying players do in a game they designed.

The irony was when N** was the lead developer, he asked players to test the idea, flush out what worked and what didn't. Since his departure, it is rare to see a developer (not talking about support or KAW_PR) actually talk directly to the player base. Instead, they have too much distance from those writing the code and those interacting with the code. If they would take the time to actually discuss the intricacies of clan management with us, the players (again talking about the actual paid persons writing the code) they would get it right the first time.

Would it been to hard to "Beta test" on the non live server version of KAW before updating it onto the live game?