politics with a moose

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hmmm 30,000 variations on your faith.
    Roughly 4,200 differing faiths with even more denominations...
    Yet you have the one true God...

2. He definitely speaks his mind and that is why I like him . he isn't afraid to take those big risks either (skipping other nights debate) and he is still leading the polls . I'll take Cruz or Christi or trump over Hilary .

3. Is that what is he really believes though. I would definitely say no.
    He relies on people like yourself to trust that these arguments are his genuine viewpoints

4. You have to understand that religions involvement with politics and especially republicans is fake...its part of pandering to a set section of voters ...nothing more.

Americans want trump because we are sick of the politically correct garbage destroying this country and the media which thinks they can dictate who we elect.

If trump doesnt get the nomination a democrat will be elected again...mark my word.

And that is far scarier than trump.

5. yup its that durned political correctness thats destroyin the us (giggle) thats why peeps like trumpy dont go in for any type of correctness (wink)

6. Trump may win the nomination, but he won't win the presidency. His internals are all screwed up. There are too many republicans that say "I like my guy, but if he doesn't make it, I'll vote for anyone but trump." As the field narrows, the support for the candidates who left will consolidate around the remaining one or two challengers.

Here is what I see...........
    Trump sweeps Iowa, New Hampshire, and North Carolina. Republican voters collectively crap them selves. Super Tuesday rolls around and there will be a strong showing for the other candidates, but, since the republican pack still has Cruize, Rubio, and bush, there will be no clear alternative to trump, but trump won't have the over 50 percent he needs.

This will lead to a brokered convention. At that time, arms will be twisted and you'll most likely see a Jeb bush come out as the winner, as he still has establishment backing.

7. They've always talked about brokered conventions before iowa. GOP did the same thing when Ron Paul won the straw poll in 2008

They purposely decided to undermine the state voters with the convention so Paul didn't get the split votes he earned, which would have forced a brokered second vote

They feared the libertarians so much that year.. Now the libertarians are leaving the party to be independents again.

8. All of the candidates suck. There is no good choice, that's what's so frustrating. However, there are those worse than Trump. Hillary Clinton being one of them.

9. I miss the weekly YouTube outakes from the George W gaffs. With Trump we get the opportunity to get a weekly YouTube roundup not only of gaffs but also which country got nuked this week. Awesome .

10. People like him because he's the only rrplublican not bought out by big corporate donors. People also like him because he sounds real and authentic. Kind of similar to Bernie Sanders except for the social and economic policies.

IMO the American people are not as ignorant as you think. Most people are aware of the corruption within their own political system.

11. Fox News and right wing shock jocks have been idealizing one type of American for decades. It is only now that it has culminating in this much of a backfire.

Also, realize that only 30% of the Republican Party supports him. I think that the undecided voters will flock to the democrats if trump gets the nomination.

BUT...

If Clinton wins dem nomination then Trump will simply be able to say "Clinton received millions of dollars last year from Wall Street, and they're also funding her entire campaign. She's corrupt. Vote for me" Trump can also say this about any other candidate, except Sanders.

12. All the people hating on Trump, go ahead. Same hating came with Barrack Insane Obama.
    I hear a lot of people say" he doesn't have any political experience" or he's wet behind the ears. He is leaps and bounds better than current POTUS. He is a business man. Yes he has had to file bankruptcy in a few business ventures. Take a look at those. He did that to "save the bottom line". I like that kind of attitude if he takes same seriousness with national budget. The list goes on and on...for both sides.
    We all have our opinions. We think we know who or what someone is. From my vast experience I can honestly say this...
    " you can never know how someone will react to a situation until it is presented in front of them". Anonymous ..

....don't just talk about your opinions, put them into action by voting

13. Barrack Insane Obama did get us cheap gas by working diplomaticly with Iran. He's healed the economy too a greater degree, only thing he hasn't done is have a firm foreign policy.

14. Diplomacy with Iran equaled cheap gas? What?

I thought it was because the market collapsed when we bombed the illegal oil smugglers, and opened up more US based oil drilling TPP.

Hmm.. Oh well.

15. I'll tell you the same thing I told some people across the pond. Your liberal media only shows you what they want you to see.

Granted I like trump with his bold in-your-face attitude however he's arrogant and would put America in bad world standing because of his mouth.

Personally there is not a single successful politician that truly cares about their constituents. They aren't successful because they aren't part of the political machine.

16. I very much enjoy this thread. It's nice to see the thought process and justifications for everyone's favorite politician.
    If you are so inclined; I would recommend reading a thin paperback by Noam Chomsky. I believe it's called "On Anarchism"
    I'm not suggesting Anarchism,by any means. But it's an interesting read from which to find your own political ideals.

17. People don't care about his lack of political experience. People can just point to his business experience as use that to justify him as a technocrat economist. What people hate about him, or love about him, is that he uses minorities as scapegoats for people's anger. People who oppose social programs support Trump, those who support social programs support Sanders. I think that's the main issue this election - whether to continue to dismantle the welfare state, or to restore it.

Trump basically says "Are you angry with the state of our country? Good! Because it's the fault of the Mexicans and Muslims! We're going to ban Muslims, deport Mexicans, make a Muslim database, and build a wall on the Mexican border."

And, as I said before, he also directs the anger from corruption towards his support.

But IMO, he won't actually do anything... he's just trying to ride the people's anger wave to victory.

That's the common theme between Sanders and Trump - dissatisfaction with the way the country is running. People are looking at other countries and are dissatisfied that America is being surpassed, is becoming backwards, and that the quality of life has stagnated.

Obviously there are greater underlying problems with the system than a religion or ethnicity of people. I think thats short-sighted. Not once have I heard Trump talking about abolishing citizens united or the fact that real wages have only risen 10% in the last 4 decades, while corporate incomes have doubled several times over.

18. True liberalism advocates the abolition of biased media.

IMO, there's no liberal media in America. All forms of media are owned by corporations who want to see social programs be repealed. They are reactionary, not liberal.

In America before Reagan, the government would subsidize the news networks, and in exchange the news networks would have to tell real, unbiased news.

However, under Reagan, the government made cuts so that the media could do whatever the hell it wanted. So, corporate special interests started getting in the way. They started to make news not for the country's good, but instead to get ratings. Things such as terrorist attacks and police brutality get the ratings, and that's why such issues are over represented in the media.

Today, America still subsidizes the media, but at a very low rate compared to other countries.

A typical European or liberal country will pay between 75-150 dollars per capita subsidizing the news to ensure that it remains boring, but truthful. It may not get good ratings, but it will not lie. America spends 3 dollars per capita.

Today you have CNN, who is supposed to report the news to the people, donating money to the Clinton campaign, and then being put in charge to host a debate between the Democratic candidates. Does this not reek of corruption to you?

19. If Americas got a cold Britain will sneeze that's what scares me the most, don't trust the trump mister nor do I like his " politics"

20. An extract from a TIME report

""When recently discussing oil prices on air with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, Donald Trump blustered on about the scheming malfeasance of OPEC and the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Trump insisted the U.S. could leverage its military supremacy to persuade OPEC to lower prices. In his words: "I'm going to look 'em in the eye and say, 'Fellas, you'd have your fun. Your fun is over.'" But this rather naive suggestion of bullying one of the U.S.'s most longstanding and essential allies in the Middle East — not to mention the recent customer in a megabillion-dollar U.S. weapons sale that would create tens of thousands of American jobs — was comparatively harmless when set against his next suggestion. Trump bemoaned U.S. costs sustained during its wars in the Middle East and floated the idea of "taking" Iraqi oil. Stephanopoulos countered incredulously, "So, we steal an oil field?" Trump responded, "Excuse me. You're not stealing anything. You're taking — we're reimbursing ourselves." Given how many U.S. leaders have had to stress to their Middle East interlocutors that they're not in it simply for the oil, Trump would be starting off regional relations on pretty slippery ground.""

Take this combined with the lack of knowledge over trident and multiple other articles that could be cited.

A presidential candidate that wants to steal oil fields.

And this doesn't concern people about his foreign policy?
    Unfortunately the man is deluded and has no comprehension over dealing with issues on the global stage.

The bottom line defence of his bankruptcy cases means very little when you are playing with national and global economies.

Personally I don't think any current candidate in the UK or the USA has the skill set to do the job. Both nations have to seriously reconsider who is allowed to run. How candidates are funded. And what relevance their qualifications should have towards the job. Not just from an educational institute. But real world experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.