Proposal for different clan structure

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Kezzer, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Much better system if only this was how it had been implemented

2. The names are cool but the systematic ranking they use make it almost impossible to run a clan properly. They used too much separation of power in certain roles. Why would certain ranks not be able to kick players/see who joins and leaves clan. This hierarchy makes more sense.

Make the roles inherit the permissions of the ones below it.

3. Agreed

4. Honestly this won't be added because it is inherently the same rank as Soldier in the current dev set-up and member in mine. This is what titles are for in all honesty. I would love to see preset titles as a thing though :)

5. This is simple, effective & sound. Kezzer for VK, Mod & developement consult. 

6. The ranks are spread to thin responsibilities need to increase as you move up. Not this nonsense of someone can only open the door, then the next rank can only do ebs but not the door. That's why I like your system names of roles doesn't matter.

7. Full support! This is way better than what the devs came out with.

8. Support buying slots is bit of a effort tho without clan effort shouldn't fall to 1 person caughing up the dolla

9. Though the update has already happened and all... Still think it should've happened like this instead, so support. :D

10. The update is too far gone.
    There is no going back.
    KaW would have to refund soo much gold to so many different people and there would be a lot of angry people who actually liked the devs complicated system etc.

11. Doesn't need to be completely change and refunds given out. Just give us more slots for each rank and make the responsibilities increase like ops chart shows.

12. Full support except admin needs to be able to kick

13. Bump :) Until we get some feedback or at least some kind of information from the dev/community team then this thread will stay active and open for the community to post their ideas on.

14. I still don't see why we had to pay for abilities that were free in the first place.

15. Honesty, this would of been a fantastic and clear set of guidelines to follow, before the actual roles were announced/introduced.

As it currently stands however, it took a lot of developer resources to unveil an expansion to the current clan system. Many may dislike them, while others say to scrap them all together - the thing is, clans as a whole were always intended to be the backbone for this game.

I myself wasn't part of any discussion regarding their inception. But, you can see how the devs wanted a majority of the members within a clan to play a unique role in the group. Before with admins/owner. There wasn't really a precise and explicit role to be known, for what each account represented within a clan. Now, you can take a gander and have an idea what each player symbolizes for a clan.

If anything now, I doubt the entire concept will be scratched. All things considered, the current system favors new roles being introduced in the future, adding onto what we have now.

Good thread nevertheless Kezzer. 

16. The whole system introduced is flawed way too many roles with the wrong powers given each role,Kez has a better process than the one introduced by the devs but and I repeat but not all clans require all the positions.Also to have the number of positions mandated is wrong these positions should be availiable to all clans but the owner should be the person to decide what positions she/he wants for their clan and how many.
    The main flaw is the ability to kick player from the clan as a armsmaster I get walled or pm'ed asking if there's room,but even though I can admit applicants I'm unable to make room for them if the clan is full this leads to frustration on the part of the Armsmaster looking for a availiable role to kick someone,and also for the applicant waiting around to get into the clan.Roles have not been thought out properly just pushed through the process and now we are stuck with them.