Conservatives VS Liberals

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Azzaro, Jan 23, 2016.

1. In my opinion the money put into presidential elections, and elections in general should be taxed. Like Grace Napolitono (California senate member), she funded her campaign and charged high interest.

That should be illegal? I feel they should tax it, allow for investment too be worth it but take at least 20% of the profit from investors. This would really help our economy grow because it's more money to keep expensive things like social security in tact.

3. Fact: All of the above are actually opinions, and not facts.

4. My solution is to not allow people to be paid a minimum wage that leaves them in poverty

Do you think that billionaire is an owner of a one man business, no he has 10s of thousands of workers that are making his money for him and don't get their fair share

My solution would be that a CEO can't make more than 10x the lowest paid workers salary

5. I can agree with that as long as we aren't trigger happy

So adding 50%+ to the economy and 50%+ in taxes with no detriment to the government is bad?

Agreeable as long as all young immigrants receive a good education

Thats the easier (cowardly) approach and if everyone did that the refugees would have nowhere to go, why does your country get to be the special one exempt from their duty as a developed nation

A head tax punishes the poor and benefits the rich, also it would make debt skyrocket, those % are not nearly high enough to support any economy.

Climate change is real and even if it wasn't it's beneficial to clean up the earth and ease off our oil addiction.

6. Is trump a conservative ? Or just a blow hard populist trying to buy himself an election ?
    He doesn't seem to have a coherent platform just one ridiculous statement after the next.

7. He was considered a leftist just 14 years ago (even supported abortion)

8. But he wouldn't survive a minute with the Democrats. His brand of crazy could only flourish as a Republican, because their base approves of demagogues and crazies.

10. I find it hilarious how everyone is for sharing the wealth. First off, if you work hard for your money, you should be able to keep it. Second if you want people who work hard to give their money to people who dont thats ridiculous. Why would anyone work, if we all get free money??

And just because youre poor and dont have money, doesnt mean you should recieve free money. Im poor. But i dont want free money. I live within my means and i work harder to make more.

11. Youre a special type of idiot. If you take away a people's incentive to work then most people will not. Will you work for 120,000 a year or recieve 70,000 for not working?

12. He did do it, he knew ahead of time an did nothing. Bush an Tom Osman was good friends from long ago, osama bin laden was the tallest in the land because he wasn't from the land it was all done as a ploy to get funding to finish up desert storm, government only reveal what they want it's people to believe so there's tons in the dark about everything.

13. At what point did anyone state they were for giving $70k to people for not working? In what way does this straw man response have anything to do with the ideas regarding percentiles for the differentials in pay among workers for the same company? In what way does that disincentive people to work?

I guess it takes a special kind of idiot to make that type of leap.

15. More women go to college in many western countries and have more opportunity and support given to them than males at school.

The only things women don't do as much as men is math and physics. Although this will probably change in a few years because they are given such exclusivity over males.

16. 1. Define "working hard". Being a CEO of a large company is hard work, maybe harder work than being a manual labourer. However is the pay of CEOS for their work worth that much more than that of the labourers? Why should the CEO who works twice as hard be payed 100's of times more than a labourer? The ratio is incorrect.

2. People who have a lot of money... Tend to find it easier to make more money. Money opens opportunities. If someone can't afford the upfront barrier to entry, should they be restricted? Unlike years ago, the cost and risk associated with the starting up of a successful business are very high. I.e the rich stay rich, the poor stay poor.

We are currently in a moment of time where the wage difference between high end and low workers is higher than ever

3. Not all people have the ability to work, due to disability and other responsibility. From your point of view they should be 'left for dead' as they aren't contributing. They cannot help it.

17. Your premise is all wrong (except for the liberal point which is spot on).

Real conservatives don't look for war nor do they want it. Republicans are not conservative.

The 'moderates' are what actually got us into this mess by compromising on every damn issue. Moderate is simply another word for 'can be bought'. At least with hardcore liberals and/or conservatives you know they stand for something.

Republican party is doomed.

18. Support

19. Actually, moderates, and the ability to compromise is what makes governments work. The problem is when extremists refuse to compromise, which creates gridlock and unnecessary waste.

20. People forget who much work it takes to become a super successful ceo and that's what makes me so sick about it. You start at the bottom or start the company yourself, and work harder than anybody for years to advance and get ahead. It's not just magic, they work circles around co-workers and competition and deserve how much they have made.

Take from the rich/upper middle class and give those who live off the system makes me sick to think about.