Favorite book and why

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by thekgbwaitsfornoone, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Anyone ever read all 13 series of unfortunate events books? They were really morbid but I like them

2. No single favourite book, to many authors I enjoy. Always enjoyed fantasy novels grew up reading Eddings and Pratchett, recommend Gemmel, Lord Dunsany. More modern set fantasy Ben Aaronvitch's PC grant series, the Dresden files by Jim Butcher The Midnight Mayor series by Kate griffin and Mike Carey's series the Felix Castor books. Historical fiction scarrow igguldon and the master Bernard Cromwell.

3. I'm a big fan of the Star Wars books. Too bad the Expanded Universe isn't canon anymore. :(

4. The phantom major.
    The true story of how the SAS were formed.
    An amazing insightful look at some truly eccentric, crazy brave men that changed military tactics forever.
    For any military buff it's a must read in my opinion.

Bedtime story wise for my children.
    How to train your dragon ( though be prepared to improvise a few words to make it more suitable for younger children).
    A wicked sense of humour for those who enjoyed the first film.

5. My current favorite is the Patriots series by James Wesley Rawles.

I have always loved the Narnia series. The last two movies were abominations. And they never made a horse and his boy film.

As a child, and now still, I love Louis L'amour Westerns.

And of course, the James Bond Books.

I'll read anything once. I read extremely fast, so I often average about 3-4 average sized novels a week. That means I read a great many books.

6. Wheel of time series by robert jordan is just epic
    Coldfire triliogy by C.S Friedman. Very awesome story and concept.
    And most of the Dragonlance series books by margret weiss and tracy hickman. If u read fantasy Dragonlance is awesome.

7. Where the Red Fern grows
    Tuck Everlasting

8. When I was in jail I read this book called "we're all doing time", can't remember who by, but it's like a book that leads to a better life and a self journey book. I really got into it at the time, was pretty cool, but now I'm out of jail...

9. Favorite book is too difficult...author(s) are easier

Pretty much everything David Eddings has written is great, I've seen Wheel of Time mentioned here as well. Terry Brooks' newer stuff is really good (the old stuff was good much much simpler to read), David Weber's Safehold series is great, The Recluce Saga isn't bad, The Acacia Trilogy is really good coming from an author who doesn't write much in the genre.

Lots and lots, lol

10. The boy who dared
    Black hawk down
    Our backs to Berlin
    Rifles for Waite
    The forgotten soldier

11. I read it in 7th grade I want to say, I liked it. Have you tried Watership Down? That might be a good next read :)

12. I have to say the Hobbit series. I think the whole this is just really interesting

13. Anything by Bill Bryson. In particular a short history of nearly everything. Phenomenal book about literally everything. Pick it up

14. The only thing I have read recently was the "Percy Jackson" series that my little cousin got me into. If I can count childhood I would say "The Giver" I read it in elementary school and I thought it was amazing. I'm sure I would probably understand it a whole lot better as an adult now though lol. I been meaning to read the book "The shack" which my family has been pushing me to read. Apparently it's an amazing book.

15. The Art of the Deal by our lord and savior Donald J. Trump, builder of the Great Wall of Trump and leader of all that is given small loans of a million dollars

16. I read it and it was great. Everything was great. America was great, and I didn't worry because I knew everything was great because we are in the hands of Trump, and he's great, and he's gonna make America his 4th wife

17. By good he means sad really really sad ...but yet still a good book

18. Peter and the starcatchwrs was a good series too