What is your favorite music from a video game? (DISCUSSION)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by catschrodinger, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Topic title explains it enough. What is your favorite song from a video game, and why?

Mine personally is Onett Town from Earthbound, due to the sexy layer of nostalgia.

I've also been listening to a lot of the Undertale soundtrack, and have really enjoyed SAVE the World and The Ruins.

2. Mine isnt quite a favorite but more of a favorites. I really like the songs of the borderlands franchises. In each of their games they have included really good songs that go well with whats going on in the game.

3. I like the elder scrolls theme- eg skyrim/morrowind

4. Great choice! Haven't really gotten into Borderlands but I should get into it.

5. Yes Bethesda is on point when it comes to soundtracks... Fallout 3 will always be my favourite.. Zelda is a close second however, and well who could forget Metroid

6. I love the retro tracks! Zelda: MM has some of the best music in Zelda (Could be because of nostalgia lol).

7. There's so many I couldn't pick a favorite song, I can't even land on a favorite game or series.

Legend of Zelda, super Mario, metroid, castlevania, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, the old resident evil games... There's too many good ones to even list these just came to mind right away.

8. Rygar NES

9. Pretty much any song from the Megaman Battle Network series (Dammit feels, esp the ending) and Megaman Zero. And the original Rockman (Rockman Vs Bass is the best)

Or maybe The original Metroid? Metroid Zero Mission, and Fusion as well.

There's also pokemon, which has changed a bit but Red&Blue (Pallet town) brings me back.. I want to listen to it on my death bed.

10. i liked the old s4league theme a lot.

Super Mario is super-catchy aswell :c

league of legends music is great, riotgames procudes loads of nice stuff. (Pentakill, Warriors, Get Jinxed, Lucian Theme etc.)

11. Pokemon is alright, especially 3rd Gen. Too bad Pokemon is becoming really mediocre nowadays.

Occasionally, though, I'll get on my 3DS and begin enjoying a Wi-Fi match or two.

12. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen are my favs. 4th gen was meh. 5th and 6th gen just made me cringe. Mediocre is a understatement.

13. You know what would be interesting? A Pokemon game targeted at the older teen and young adult audience. Maybe they could make the plot less boring and more complex because the target audience would be different.

Kinda like Mystery Dungeon. (The older ones at least.)

14. Wow, I'm a big sucker for RPG music.

On the topic of RPGs.... how about FF VII's soundtrack?

15. Mine would be from an iOS game called Nihilumbra. Such sentimental and sad soundtracks that go so well with the gameplay. Simply brilliant.

16. METAL GEAR SOLID: Portable Ops Theme - Coming to the Night

17. when the dog on Duck Hunt mocks you.

19. i cant think of a song off the top of my head, but imo, the legend of zelda series has the best sound tracks.

20. Knight of Firmament-Chapter Knight by Eyemedia, Cytus