Super Bowl VS The World Cup

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nova60, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Support/No support.. They're still people even though that's hilariously true

2. I would of said the French but they might just surrender so that doesn't help my point

3. You probably never heard of this sport but hurling is more physical and better than all your sports

4. Super bowl...really..

A sport which really only Americans like against the worlds most popular sport in football...

World Cup all the way

5. Played it, it's ok. Not as physically challenging as rugby.

6. Rugby < Football

Look at Jarred Hayne? The Hayne plane hasn't taken off, he can't handle a football right. You could get an NFL linebacker and start him in rugby. NFL player hits are much harder that's because the tackling method concentrates to a smaller area.

NFL you lead in with your shoulder to their chest and head should go to the side. Rugby you want to lead with your arms to wrap them up. That's the focus of the tackling, you can talk about the padding in football but it makes the hits actually harder and players are much tougher. Ask Hayne that one too.

7. Soccer however is my more favorite sport too watch especially when it comes time to watching Latin soccer. Yes I say soccer I'm American, I like touch more than European long ball.

8. It's the fastest field sport in the world. The slitor can travel over 100mph and getting whacked by the hurl is just lovely I'd imagine. No it isn't physically demanding at all. Lying on the ground for half the game like rugby is. And we all know you didn't play it moron you were too busy playing bowls or cricket lol

9. More deluded Americans posting in kaw forums again......how's nfl tougher than rugby.... the stop start style of nfl means players have plenty time to recover and all that padding means it's like when u go to the fun fair n put on those massive suits n boxing gloves to box then going back to some Seasoned pro boxers n saying u box lol.....also rugby is played for a solid 40 mins with hardly any stop start....
    And of course the world cup is better than the nfl the viewing figures tel u that...

10. Hahahahahhahahahahahah.

The hits in American football are harder, but you know, stupid is as stupid does etc. There's no particular reason for the hits to be done like that, you just haven't figured out that ending your lives 30 years early is actually quite stupid.

Makes for good tv though I suppose, and that's pretty much the basis for everything in America 

11. The only good thing about American Football is that it keeps thousands of Americans confined to stadiums for 3-4 hours so they not outside shooting each other dead with guns or performing mass shootings in schools....

12. I don't even know what to say to this :cry: The games are very different aha

13. Don't you threaten me a with good time.

14. Why do American football players tackle so high? It's illogical. Surely it would be easier if they tackled lower like in rugby, better body position.

15. It takes little to skill to run into people and win by using your weight alone.

16. Let's get one thing straight to start off with , Hayne didnt play Rugby Union , he played Rugby League , although similar there are quiet a few differences.
    But by all means , send one of your linebackers over here and get him running at some big 6'5" 115kg forwards without his padding on for 80minutes and we shall see exactly "how tough" your footballers are.

17. Actually we didn't steal that off rugby, and rugby is a wussy sport. Go watch a game, its a harder sport than NFL where you wear 99% padding and have to throw a ball. Sounds like netball with contact. - and padding so they don't cry because they got pushed over.

18. I guess I could watch soccer...

The flops are hilarious...

The fights involve the entire country...

19. You hit in the chest because it's suppose to be like a spring motion where you explode into them. You start low then you pop them in the chest. If you don't make it sound like a car crash you did your job wrong as a tackler.

20. Soccer is such a boring sport. Football is strategic and physical. Its great.