Vote on the Peasant Clan Role Name!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 14, 2016.

?

Choose your favourite name for the Peasant clan role:

Poll closed Jan 15, 2016.
  1. Clansman

357 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Peasant

510 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. Soldier

887 vote(s)
    45.2%
  4. Commoner

95 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Recruit

78 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Trainee

36 vote(s)
    1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is true but peasant is even better

2. The Roman empire pre dates medieval times and they had armies with soldiers they probably used Latin word rather than English but the meaning is the same.

3. Honestly a lot of people hated it and I think that the majority of the people voting for the peasant or the commoner rank are those that won't be those ranks.

4. Support!!! No Support on Clan Roles!!!!

5. KaW became funny, But nobody liked it, I was so ready to call my clannies for Peasants!

6. Can we have a princess option for those that were offended by peasent?

7. None of The Above

Just leave this idea alone!

Make a co-owner and Admins no need for fancy titles... That clan name change can stay!

8. Seems to be missing the most populas form of kaw membership ...

Pond Scum

9. 19% margin.. So? What would be the next survey?

10. That cream puff is full of green Glop

11. Lets put this into perspective

peasant
    ˈpɛz(ə)nt/
    noun
    a poor smallholder or agricultural labourer of low social status (chiefly in historical use or with reference to subsistence farming in poorer countries).
    "peasant farmers"
    synonyms: agricultural worker, small farmer, rustic, son of the soil, countryman, countrywoman, farmhand, swain, villein, serf; More
    informal
    an ignorant, rude, or unsophisticated person.
    "‘That is a civilized drink, you peasant’"
    synonyms: lout, boor, oaf, clown, churl, yokel, bumpkin, country bumpkin, village idiot, provincial, barbarian; More

Ok so the term is derogatory.
    Whether you think so or not anarchy the term is classed as an offensive word to some.

Now I believe in consistency of behaviour when it comes to moderators and kaw having the power to silence and it is their rules that state we should not use derogatory remarks when referring to other players. For example.

fruit cake
    noun
    noun: fruitcake
    a cake containing dried fruit and nuts.
    "a rich, moist fruit cake"
    informal
    an eccentric or mad person.

To us in uk the term is as above in the USA it refers to gay people and is offensive. And kaw went on a mass silencing spree.

So if we may not use terms that are offensive on one level. Why is it ok for the devs to? They should lead by example.
    Otherwise all the silences were inappropriate as they have just derided every player and caused offence to many also.
    Surely it's not one rule for us and another for them on harassing players?

12. ^well put.

13. I think warlord is a derogatory term . Why don't we vote that out next ?

14. No to clansman. Suggestion: Clan Supporter / Clan Person / Clannie / KAWer / ClanSpawmer

15. No to the rest of these as well...

16. There could be a loyalty system in the regular clan members titles,

Let's say; when you first join it could be "peasant".

(not that I like it, and agree that devs are stupid morons who have no idea what life is, it's still a word none the less.)

After an active period within the clan, your title rank changes to a better suited title, I.e "Clansman", "Warrior", "Knight", etc... And it could keep increasing.

This would create a better sense of clan loyalty within regular members, more so than this great idea that the devs still somehow managed to screw up.

17. Please the rank of soldier is very good

18. How ridiculous. This kills the whole clan roles thing more me. We have been joking around about the peasant title since it was first shown. Sucks we giving into a few butthurt kids, its not a slandering name, it means its a normal lower class worker. Exactly what a bottom of the roster, roster filler person should be titled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.