Lay of the Rimelands - Part 3: For Love of Blood

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 14, 2016.

1. On the third day of the battle, both the army of the Unkari and the combined rimeland forces suddenly found that their wounds would no longer staunch.

At first, each side thought the other had unleashed some sort of potent poison or charm against healing, but it soon became clear that both armies had become afflicted by this strange new horror.

Any piercing of the flesh from any source would bleed ceaselessly and without slowing. Blood flowed like water from the smallest wound, even for those still encamped. Worse, those who died from blood loss soon rose in undeath and began attacking their compatriots. More became injured, and more hot blood poured onto the cold snow of the battlefield.

It was soon apparent that this was the result of a new curse on the hoarfrost lands. None could deny the palpable sense of ill will that filled the frosty air. A temporary ceasefire was called and both sides returned to their camps to tend to their wounded and consult their Oracles.

Captain Morilwen strode urgently through the rows upon rows of casualties in the Unkari camp issuing orders to her lieutenants. “Dispatch a messenger to report his majesty at once, and send for more bandages, stanchroot, and fuel. Send any uninjured soldiers to the southern camp to assist the healers. Aolis, take the first brigade and patrol for any risen. If any…”

She was interrupted by a scout. “Captain!” he shouted, “There is a rimelander approaching on foot from the north, bearing a large wooden box on his back!”

“Aolis!” snapped Morilwen at her second-in-command, who nodded and sprinted away. “Archers! To me!” she then shouted, breaking into a run towards the scout.

The scout led the captain and the gathered archers to the outpost and beyond towards the distant interloper until they were roughly a hundred and fifty yards from him. “Ready!” shouted Morilwen, and her archers nocked their bows, their arrows flaring into violet life.

“Halt!” she shouted at the figure. “Cease your approach at once or you will be shot!”

The figure stopped. He gingerly slid the large chest on his back down onto the snow then raised his hands in the air.

“I surrender!” shouted Lord Hallgrim.

Morilwen stood in a clearing in the Unkari camp facing Lord Hallgrim, whose hands had been bound and sword confiscated. To the side stood the group of archers, bows no longer nocked but still at the ready. Around the group, the noise of camp activity carried on.

The chest had been left in the field where it had been laid, with scouts watching it warily from a distance.

“This war is a mistake. It is our mistake. I mean to end it.” said Hallgrim. Morilwen said nothing, but stared levelly at the giant man’s face, searching for a sign of his true intent.

“We were motivated by fear.” he went on. “Our cities are prey to some kind of curse. Citizens have been falling to a strange evil, freezing to death and then rising from the dead, seemingly to kill. Some of our leaders thought the Unkari responsible.”

“Hold…” said Morilwen urgently “what do you mean by ‘seemingly’?”

“It is not life that the fiends crave, but warmth. Those who rise after falling to the curse seek out the nearest source of heat. Flames, blood...whatever is close at hand. The corpses are drawn to it for some reason.”

Morilwen remained quiet. She searched her memory to verify the truth of Hallgrim’s claim, but all of the Unkari risen had hitherto been dispatched before they could do any damage. She had even given orders for victims to be beheaded immediately upon death, so as to prevent the hideous awakening.

“I see now,” continued Hallgrim, “that I guessed correctly. Your people have fallen victim to this curse as well, have they not.”

Morilwen’s expression did not change, though her eyes betrayed her anger. “You think they are trying to warm themselves? That they are merely chilly?” she queried, ignoring his remark.

“No. They have a purpose, though we have not yet discovered it. Once they warm themselves, or lay hands on a source of heat, a torch, for instance, they shuffle away. Our scouts have spotted a procession of the things about three miles east of here, headed to some unknown point.

“I cannot blame you for your distrust, Captain,” said Lord Hallgrim. “But I’m certain that if we follow them, we will find the source of the evil that infests the hoarfrost lands.”

“You surrendered yourself to us to tell us this tale? Do you wish me to that you are not here as a spy but that you, Lord Hallgrim of the Silver Executioners, have betrayed your country and your people?” demanded Morilwen scornfully.

“I came not to betray my people but to save them, Captain Morilwen. We believed you sent the curse, as no doubt you believed of us. But we acted rashly, and did not await the counsel of our Oracles, for fear was forcing our commander’s hand.”

Then a tone of sadness entered Hallgrim’s voice. “Then our warriors began to bleed. The deaths mounted. Yet our commander still would not listen to reason. I had to act.

“I will not be returning to my people.” said Lord Hallgrim, and Morilwen understood that what he said was true.

She looked at the large man, whose eyes were now staring inwardly at some past episode, and was struck by a sudden realization.

“The large wooden chest you bore,” she said. “What does it contain?”

Hallgrim returned to the present. “What we all need most right now,” he said. “Time.”

Hallowed Ligature

As you complete Epic Battles from now and the end of the event on January 28th at 12PM PDT you'll earn Heilun Swathe and Stanchroot. When you collect both of these items they'll form Hallowed Ligature which determines your rewards at the end of this part of the event.

As you win wars you'll earn completed Hallowed Ligature as follows:

Team Performance
    Winning Team: 300 Ligatures
    Losing Team: 0 Ligatures

Top Performers
    (Plunder ranking on each team)
    Rank 1 - 5: 100 Ligatures
    Rank 6 - 10: 50 Ligatures

Individual Actions
    (# of successful Attack or Defence actions)
    20 - 24: 50 Ligatures
    25 - 29: 75 Ligatures
    30 - 34: 100 Ligatures
    35 - 39: 125 Ligatures
    40 - 44: 150 Ligatures
    45 - 49: 175 Ligatures
    50+: 200 Ligatures

Hoarfrost Wartokens III

During this event you'll also earn Hoarfrost Wartoken III through your participation in wars. This allows for those players who are dedicated warrers to compete against each other for the Top Tier equipment.

Hoarfrost Wartoken III are awarded as follows:
    Team Performance
    Winning Team: 300 Tokens
    Losing Team: 0 Tokens

Top Performers
    (Plunder ranking on each team)
    Rank 1 - 5: 100 Tokens
    Rank 6 - 10: 50 Tokens

Individual Actions
    (# of successful Attack or Defence actions)
    20 - 24: 50 Tokens
    25 - 29: 75 Tokens
    30 - 34: 100 Tokens
    35 - 39: 125 Tokens
    40 - 44: 150 Tokens
    45 - 49: 175 Tokens
    50+: 200 Tokens

Weekend PvP Blitz

During the weekends of January 15 - 18 and January 22 - 25 we'll be hosting PvP Blitz events in a addition to the main event. During these Blitz events you'll collect and steal Unkari Spellshafts from players in order to earn Hallowed Ligature to help you with your progress in the main event. Every time you collect 500 Unkari Spellshafts they'll be converted into a Spellshaft Quiver which cannot be stolen.

Rewards for these PvP Blitz Weekend events are based on the number of Spellshaft Quiver you own.

PvP Blitz Opt-In

To Opt-In to the event, players will need to cast the Descry Target spell at the Alchemist. NOTE: Descry Target will only be available to cast once the weekend event has started.

Warning: Opting-in lasts for the ENTIRE DURATION of that specific BLITZ EVENT and there will be no way to opt-out after doing so.

Opted in players will:
    • Have their name colored orange to indicate their participation
    • Have a spell indicating their participation on their profile
    • Have their Battle List updated to show only players who have opted-in

Unkari Spellshaft + Spellshaft Quiver

Once opted-in, players will earn Unkari Spellshafts by attacking other opted-in players. These items are both generated AND ARE STOLEN. The number generated depends on the players size. The number stolen depends on the amount of Unkari Spellshafts they currently have. The higher the number they have the more you'll steal.

Once a player collects 500 Unkari Spellshafts they'll automatically turn into a Spellshaft Quiver which cannot be stolen. These Spellshaft Quivers are what will determine your rewards from the PvP Blitz Weekend events.

Ice Giant's Hammer

When you hit another opted-in player there's a chance that the Ice Giant's Hammer spell is activated. This spell lasts for 24 hours, and has the following properties:
    • Provides you with more plunder when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
    • Allows you to obtain more Unkari Spellshafts when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
    • Provides you with a chance of creating Mithril out of thin air when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
    • Will be visible on your profile as an active spell
    • CAN BE STOLEN when you are attacked or stolen from by opted-in players. If stolen you will lose the spell, and the attacking player will receive it. Duration is not reset when stolen but continues to count down from where it was for the previous owner.

Note: You cannot steal another player's Ice Giant's Hammer spell when you have an active Ice Giant's Hammer spell yourself.

Sealed Giantsbreath

The Sealed Giantsbreath item may be purchased in the Marketplace for 59 Nobility Points and casts the Surging Rimeshield spell on ALL of your current clan members. If you already have Surging Rimeshield spell active you will not be able to purchase it until the current spell expires.

This spell lasts for 1 hour and has the following properties:
    • Provides you with more plunder when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
      (This is able to stack with the Ice Giant's Hammer spell)
    • Allows you to earn more Unkari Spellshaft when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
      (This is able to stack with the Ice Giant's Hammer spell)
    • Prevents other players from being able to steal your Ice Giant's Hammer spell while Surging Rimeshield is active
    • Will be visible on your profile as an active spell

Hoarfrost Chest

As you complete Epic Battles you'll occasionally find Hoarfrost Chests. These rare chests can contain a number of goods including Health Crystals, Hallowed Ligatures, Seals of the Damned, and more!

You can open these chests in one of two ways.

1) Purchasing a Hoarfrost Key from the Marketplace using Gold. You can purchase ONE of these per day.
    2) Purchasing a Gold Hoarfrost Key from the Marketplace using Nobility. There is no limit on the number you may purchase.

Rewards + Leaderboards

Please see the event page in-game to view event rewards and leaderboards.
    Weekend PvP Blitz events and competing in Wars both reward players with Hallowed Ligature which count towards your totals in the main event. Competing in Wars will also reward Hoarfrost Wartokens III, which are needed to compete against other Warring players for Top Tier equipment and rewards. Rewards from the War event WILL STACK with rewards from Clouded Vision.

Rewards will be made available for you to collect through the events page shortly after the event ends.

2. boots? no support. where them off-hands at?

3. Everyone wanted Offhand Equipment

This event is worthless devs people aren't going to pay you nearly as much for some flashy boots, they want offhand equipment

4. This event is sooooo long...

5. Where's the banner tokens in rewards?

6. You forgot to add the Rime Banner Tokens to this event.

7. Yay :) another event that I can make 2T off by only warring

8. Why not just say same as last event instead of making all this?

9. Where are the banner tokens? I need them deeply

10. Developers the 1 out of 4 events in this series of events gave a chestplate. 2 out of 4 in events gave legs. 3 out of 4 gives boots. What will 4 out of 4 give?
    * Will 4 out 4 be the event that gives out the whole set of equipment completing the 12/12 equipment slots?

12. While I appreciate the effort put into making the equipment. Why do you guys insist on make more static boots? Nothing you come out with rivals pinioned boots. Not even close. No point trying this event other than the gold...

13. No noob

14. Taking a look now.

15. My Rime Tokens :evil: :eek: You have got to be kidding with me
    I made a guide on this and now we can't earn them! Shame on You

16. Rime Banner Tokens should show up now (may need to restart for them to be listed)

17. I guess thanks for the break! I will KAW normally but not going to chase the boots :lol: .

18. Restarted and still no token

19. It basically is the same, but its intertwining consecutive events into one large one.