to alliance or not alliance..that is the question.

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by SkinnyMinny, Jan 7, 2016.

1. So you've been playing kaw for a while.

You've grown your kingdom a bit.

Participated in the events.
    Hit some people
    Hit lots of epics
    Collected some equipment.
    Had a go at ee wars
    Been stripped
    Been part of a strip
    Made some friends
    Made some enemies.
    Grown...

That's a pretty basic breakdown of most kawers log on and active time. There's other crap to do, sure, but that's most of it.

At some point. You're going to have to make some kind of decision.

At some point. You're going to come to realise that to be competitive. You are going to have spend some serious time. Some serious money. And possibly curb your enthusiasm for the more exotic and drama filled style of play in exchange for some serious mundane time.

The hitting mechanic give or take allies is basically a 5 x bigger or 5x smaller range.

That means. When you are a comfy 20 mil Cs player. You can be smashed by players of around 100 mil cs.

There are tons of them. Big. Well equipped and impossible to defend against or succeed against. To match them. You will need to really lay low and hit those epics with zest and zeal for a long long time...

Or... Join an alliance or clan that has no issue supporting you against such behemoths, and conversely hope the big guys aren't part of a clan or alliance bigger than yours if you get in a tangle.

If you choose to join a big alliance. There are some quality benefits. Similar to being employed by a big company. There are perks.
    Most big alliances and big clans run b2b escapes. So you can grow.

Most big alliances will support you and take care of any indiscretions or issues that arise with other players. This is a good thing.

Apoc have a dental plan. Most of the big alliances do.

On the downside.. If you're part of a big alliance. You become a soldier or more grossly put, a meat shield.

You can't just start trouble as you wish. If your council or admins tell you to hit a certain player, well that's what you must do.

If your council or admins tell you to stop hitting a certain player then you must stop.

If they tell you not to post in forum. Well.. No forums for you.

This is the trade off. There are good points and bad.

The gaming community here is so richly and deeply interwoven, that to survive and thrive. You either have to tow the line or be left out in the cold.

It's no easy thing to hate some player and be told you can't hit them by someone else.

It's no easy thing to be told to hit some player you really have no beef with.

These are the alliance breaks if you choose that path.

Hte clans won't support you in a fight. In fact. They will likely kick you away. Despite what some may say. They can't afford to have their customers being pounded. It's totally counter productive.

Single clans will aim to resolve your issue even if you don't want it resolved. Despite what they may say. No individual clan will back you in a fight against an alliance. They simply don't have the resources or numbers.

You only have to look at such stalwarts as teja to see that even the wealthiest and most shored up players can be taken down.

To stand out from the crowd. You're going to have to either

Move through the ranks of your alliance and be promoted,
    or make your own way with your own voice and take what comes of that.

The golden rule of kaw has always been.

'Play the game the way you choose to play, not the way someone else tells you to play '

This is fast becoming a redundant and impossible mantra in modern kaw.

Do you want to stand out from the crowd? Or don't you ?

Food for thought anyway.

2. This part made laugh. Good job.
    Either way you go there's pros and cons it's whatever you are perfer.

3. I can see why you would believe a lot of that. However, I believe that how you play the game reflects how you are in real life. If your will is strong enough you can get all these aspects to work for you

4. @diab. I've fought with you before. I kept waiting for the others to join in. They didn't. In the alliance world. You are the exception. Not the rule.

5. Lmao this is pretty much true. It's what I hate about big alliances, you have to play their way or you're out. The size of some of their do not hit lists is ridiculous. So you're really limited to who you can and cannot hit. Trash talking is a big no no for most of them too, which for me is a fun part of the game!! Then you have a large chunk of kaw that would usually exchange hits with you but because you're part of a large alliance they fear some form of retribution and stay well away.

In my opinion there are so many drawbacks to being in a large alliance, they suck the fun out of the game. I like to float about kaw and if I ever come across someone who is too big for me to hit I'll either do my best to make it painful for them or hit their clannies 

6. I disagree, when I was in kotfe the only time they would help people in a fight was if they brought in more than themselves or somebody much bigger than yourself was farming you for no good reason they would step in.

7. Suppose it all depends on what you want from kaw. I've been playing a little while now. And have the stats of a noob. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game, and being hit/stripped is part of that. I just play the way I want, and friends accumulate. There ARE no enemies. Just the fun of the exchange.

8. So bottom line is... Join an Alliance for protection against people bigger than you?

How about never perm EVER and have as much fun as those stuck in their big alliances where they have little to no chance of getting recognised/promoted, hm?

Also why do we need protection from 100mil coms?

It's not like leaderboarders care about us smalls.

They're farrrrrr too busy hoarding gold.

Too many inconsistencies in this thread.

9. Not everyone needs promotion or wants to get 'higher up' in an alliance. I'm just a member and the reason why i'm in this alliance is to hang out with friends. That's just it, i don't need promotion on a game to feel important.

Btw, i have more fun now being a regular member then when i was running my own clan. Believe it or not but you have tasks to do, and it's gonna take alot of time.

Good thread OP, everyone should do what they want to do, they can use your thread to make that decision. 

10. In modern kaw if you want osw you have like 2 choices other than going solo. Join an alliance, or join NA. The alliance is definitely the better choice for the majority of people.

11. The only drawback is they had modified the game if the player is too big, you cannot attack, if they are small you cannot attack, if they used up all soldiers and spies you cannot attack because they are weak. Alliances don't work, they create rules and expect other players to follow them and they don't. What should be modified in the game you can share defense strength and spy defense strength with other clan members. And that would equal your total defense strength and spy defense strength and that will help in players in trying to farm you. You can call this a Clan Wall Shield. As for clans making alliances with other clans that is encouraged in the game through world chat or chatting between players. Or you can create a number of clans by giving a clan to another responsible player. This is already happening and can be put in Clan Info.

12. We allow farming in Kotfe as along as its not on our DNH list. And as long as your personal beef isn't interfering with bigger plans we let you do as you wish here.

Plz contact someone in our human resources department for an interview if this culture sounds right for you

Allison you wouldn't have been let go if you didn't always pick fights with other corporations we had standing agreements with.

Chuck is now offering awesome starting salaries and great overtime for all who make it through the interview process. After your probation period you can look forward to promotions such as/ but not limited to : Admin, machine tags, council, goon squad, machine bosses and more!

Kotfe offers company retreats where we destroy little clans for almost nothing. And the fun doesn't stop there! Make it into the upper echelon and you might get to know some of our local party animals where the rest of us live vicariously through them. Where we showcase some of the greatest quotes of all time, such as mikey "guys I'm stripped, I'm too drunk plz pin me" or clay " awesome thing but think that is don't where's my shirt" - we call that clay speak and if u are in Kotfe long enough we send u a decoder ring to decipher all his posts.

Due to some skilled acquisitions and the drop in the zaft stock completely off the Nasdaq. I'm proud to say that Kotfe and its parent company ( APOCALYPSE ) is now the clear #1 coalition in the game. Get down or lay down

So plz contact billy or Dbad or m hawk. They are the newest and highly trained human resource department.

Nightmare. CEO Kotfe conglomerate inc
    An apoc production

13. The company ceo's parting words to me as I was so hastily booted out the door were

'Why can't you just be cool'

14. I like being an irrelevant noob. Much less drama, a solid noobish perm clan with good people, not as many enemies and scrubs kissing up to you as well. Those are just a few perks of noobishness and its associated features.

15. Great thread, Minny. This basically sums up my kaw experience

16. Loved the dental plan bit. 

Hitting ppl you have no beef with is not that hard. I've hit Sean, Chaos,moose, and many others I like all the time.

Also b2b the means you got to pitch in and pay for one from time to time.

17. What skinny is saying isn't news. KaW is no different than the real world. You can't have parts of the military arbitrarily bombing people they have peace treaties with.

The problem with KaW since clans existed is that there are just different styles of play that cannot coexist. You've got the freedom fighters who just wanna have random squabbles with one other individual.

On the other hand, there are people who are afraid of that and hide in big clans/alliances.

It happens to me all the time. I hit the battle list with full unloads looking for a good 1v1.

Roughly 90% of the time, they just ignore me. About 5% will hit back a few times then PM me to stop. 2% will give me an honest 1v1, and the other 3% or so will clan farm me.

Nowadays, those numbers have changed. With so many people in Apoc or some other alliance showing up on my BL, I just scroll right past them. I know these big alliance types. My experience has always been that no matter what happens, they'll do something to gain an unfair advantage against you, so why even go there?

Then if I hit someone who isn't in a war clan, they call me a coward for picking on an EB fairy.

So, no matter what I do, I lose in the eyes of other people.

18. ┏┓┃┏┓ ┃ ┏┓┃┃┳┓┳┓┳┓
    ┃┃┃┃┃ ┃ ┃╴┃┃┃┫┃┫┃┫
    ┃┗┛┗┛ ┃ ┗┛┗┛┻┃┻┃┻┃

19. Hello there.

I'm Crim, from the KotFE mailroom.

Just wanna clarify a thing or two. KotFE has never interfered in any of my 1v1's unless my opponent started bothering the board durring important meetings.

Free B2B HTE is a myth. Check E.B history for more details.

While the DnH list is extensive, so is the plethora of loud mouths and nubs not currently on the DnH list.

The biggest difference between my Alliance and other clans I used to frequent is the fact that they've never ordered me to cease fire on my personal targets.

20. While you are here I have a few complaints. Firstly, my mail has been late almost everytime in the last few months. And lastly some of the mail has been delivered already open, what do you plan on doing to fix these issues??