To All the Nerds Out There

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Imitation-Cheese, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Did not read; lack of effort

2. You know what I like more than this post?
    Knowledge.

3. Thanks for being another shining example, ninja! 

4. Go to school and capitalize on your degree to make so much money people will want to marry you for it, solid advice.

5. Although I never said that people should be motivated by women marrying you for your money, we can make this a thread about motivation for marriage, if you'd like, since it's kind of part of the OP.

Although I'll never marry, you do bring up a good point. What do you think makes people want to get married?

Do you think marrying for money is wrong, immoral, or unethical?

Finally, where did marriage come from originally, if not for territorial and financial gain?

6. You just made that a bragging point.

People love categorizing other people. Not all "cool kids" are failures and not all "nerds" are successful, and one group isn't inherently better than the other. You also imply that people being poor, using drugs, food stamps means they're a loser. Be yourself, treat people with respect, do what you love. There are plenty of super good looking assholes who makes tons of money because of it.

7. The corrupt past ideals of marriage do not compare to today's more enlightened society. At least in the western world, where people are free to choose to marry for love.
    If you will never marry. Then you will never know what it is to strive to spend every moment of your life to place another persons needs above your own.

True love. A wife a husband and a parent are the ones who feel that love far more than anyone. Until you feel that your life serves her and hers yours out of love. No words will convince you of what love should truly be.
    And for that loss in your life I am sorry.
    For you will know a great emptiness no thing can ever replace.

Kids. Be your own person. Find your way in life. Be confident in your ability and try. Always try. For only by not trying to do, do we ever truly fail. Surround yourself by positive people. Try your best always and plan how to succeed. If you shoot for the stars and land on the moon, you have gone further than most other people on earth.
    If you show a child love. You are an awesome parent.

8. @Martyn

My definition of success isn't based on money, and I'm sorry if that's how you've interpreted this thread's OP.

The whole point of the thread is to inspire people to be themselves and to do what they love.

Success isn't necessarily measured in dollars and cents. IMO, success is measured by the satisfaction one feels with their life. The people I listed in the examples are all miserable.

I came from nothing. I grew up dirt poor. I had a loving and supportive family. I consider my parents successful. They did exactly what they wanted in life and were happy about it. I've got plenty of wealthy and poor acquaintances who are happy and others who are miserable.

My story is just a singular case of believing in yourself and avoiding the pitfalls of conformity for the sake of safety and a sense of belonging.

My story is my own version of success. And just because it happens to be about a nerd versus cool kids doesn't mean there aren't other ways to be successful.

So, please don't bash my story by putting words in my mouth. Nobody is saying "all cool kids are failures." Nobody is saying "all nerds are successful."

This thread is titled "To All the Nerds Out There," and as such, the intended audience is Nerds.

If you'd like to talk up the "cool kids," you're welcome to do so here or on another thread, but please do not put words in my mouth. If you are confused about something I've said, it's better to ask than to assume.

9. One time i was a nerd then i got a spine and now i bang hot girls within 5 miles everyday

10. Do internet ads really work? Is hotcougar438 really into me?

11. Cheese subscribes to the Archie comics stereotypes where all jocks are dumb losers and nerds are brainy with a heart of gold.

Truth is nerds fail a lot and end up with plain women no matter how successful they are. Just look at the ugly women Bill Gates and Mark Zuck married.

12. You must be high if you think I'm reading all of op, cheese.

13. I never bothered to look at their pics till now.

This is Melinda Gates:

Ouch.

Here's Priscilla Chan - Zuckerberg's wife:

I think she looks like Jackie Chan. Double-ouch. :?

14. Thx for agreeing with me that ur post was poorly thought out 

15. tl;dr

like legit.
    too long.

16. You'll never know unless you click the link I guess

17. Then why even post on this thread?

18. Then why post? Like legit. Just close the thread and keep scrolling.

19. So, if 1 person cur, then what does that make you?