Birthing Another Person's Baby

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Imitation-Cheese, Dec 15, 2015.

1. I read a shocking article today in the paper (yes, I still read a physically delivered newspaper).

The article was about a woman asking for moral advice following a botched attempt at artificial insemination. You see, her egg and her husband's seed were mixed up with that of another couple's.

She took the "morning after pill," but it failed and she was soon pregnant with both another man's seed and another woman's egg.

What would you do?

What's the right thing to do?

I'm not usually stumped, but I honestly don't know how to feel about this one.

What do you all think?

2. I would sue. :lol: suing is always the solution.

3. You're mean! :lol:

4. ;( oh 

5. So much for a 9 game

6. There's nothing inappropriate about this subject in terms of age relation.

I don't know tbh, I would say that it is ofcourse up the the couple, however, I personally would need to speak to the people who's seed and egg it was, for all you know, it's their only shot, would you really want to end their only chances of a child?

7. 9 plus is a wide range. It means literally 9 years old all the way through as old as you can get. Who's the oldest person playing this game? I really don't care!

Don't like it, keep scrolling, matey ;)

8. Thank you, Rio! 

9. I think she should give birth to the baby and give it to them

10. The way I see it there's 5 possibilities:

1. Have and keep the baby.

2. Have and give the baby to biological parents.

3. Adoption.

4. Embryonic transfer.

4. Termination.

Both couples should rightfully sue the responsible clinic for improper practice.

11. If they were looking at such an expensive option as artificial insemination, obviously there are certain risk factors not stated. If you're a least at that point they need to ask themselves if it's more important to them that they have a family, or pass their genetics on to the next generation. Probably the former is more important.

Although some questions might be raised later in life when this kid is learning about genetics and wonders why he has cleft chin when his parents don't, or how he has brown eyes when both his parents are blue.

12. A risk of artificial insemination should never be wrong seed and egg. That's a human error, not checking labels basically

13. I would get an abortion in this case.

There would be too many complications about the kid, and it's just not right for someone to have to be pregnant for 9 months just because the hospital screwed up.

14. What would be ideal is if the woman could become a surrogate mother for the other couple, as it may be their last chance to have a child.
    The torment of that though I cannot imagine. Losing a child is horrendous. Giving one away would be the worst thing I can imagine.
    But the gift they could give to the other couple would be amazing.
    The compensation should then find that couples continued desire for a child of their own.
    Best case scenario it could bring two families together.
    Worst case it destroys two families.
    A tragic and disgusting mistake that should not have happened.
    Can do nothing but feel sorry for all those involved.

15. Yo, I'm 83

That's why I think most of you are ridiculous and obtuse. I can still reck you young guys easy, I do 50 push-ups every morning before breakfast and after coffee.

16. I don't think I could give up the child. For me artificial insemination would be an option of last resort if everything else didn't work. All that heartache to have a child and then this. It doesn't matters if the baby isn't biologically mine. Doesn't mean I'm gonna love him/her any less. Not much different than adopting a child.

17. This is a pretty touchy subject. But i agree with this guy. However, before making any decisions the couple should talk about it between themselves first.

This kinda makes me feel creeped out cause when i want children i will have to use a egg donor with similar features as myself or as my boyfriend along with his 'seed'. Sperm is censored lol.

This as well. My feels..

18. Adopted children don't love their parents as much. They always seek their genetic parents. Sorry to break the news to you. It's like step parents, you like them but it isn't the same.

19. Maybe nature is trying to tell you something if you can't reproduce

20. Id be angry and raise a fuss about it, but once the kid was born id be its father.

You can still be just as much a parent and have a great relationship to a child that isnt genetically yours. And obviously this procedure was selected because they were unable to conceive on their own. Id imagine adoption was their next, and maybe final, option.