Western Feminism

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PipeBomb, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Or we could actually be accurate .
    Feminism can be defined as a recognition and critique of male supremacy combined with efforts to change it.
    It's simply accepting that men and women are equals and deserve the same recognition.
    Using the rhetoric of people like Andrea Dworkin to dismiss feminists does them a deservice.

2. Boy does she ever make good sandwiches !

3. We just appear as men. In reality, we're kardashians and jenners

4. Move this thread to best of.
    So I can easily find it when bored. To farm all the manholes on it.

5. Put me on your list.

Don't argue the point either. Idle threats and weak minds, and some such.

6. Wouldn't farming men because of gender be considered harassment?

Precedent was already set during mod farming to get dev attention; farming battle list war opt outs

7. Feminism is the proverbial wart on the nose of Kate Upton.

8. "Because of gender"

Ever think it's because the people discounting feminism and saying it isn't needed are the same people turning around and saying that women should make them a sandwich?

Is the irony lost on you?

Because I'm having a good chuckle.

Of course there are extreme feminists. Just like there are corrupt cops, extreme Christians, extreme Muslims, extreme Jews, extreme atheists etc. Extremists are in every group and entire groups should not be judged by the words and actions of the tiny minority who always seem to get the most attention because humans thrive on negativity.

And that "could be worse" logic is terribly flawed. Yeah women here have it better than in say Saudi Arabia. There are still many inequalities in this country and in the west in general when it comes to gender. Prime example is Kesha. Disclaimer: her music sucks. Her producer forced himself on her sexually, and now her music career is suffering because of it. Sony will not void the contract and is basically forcing her to work with her attacker. Chris Brown beat the crap out of Rihanna and his career is just fine. Now there are other platforms certain feminist branches are fighting for that aren't 100% backed by fact like equal pay in certain areas. The situation varies and isn't always necessarily true in every situation but when you have public figures on corporate media saying to a woman "you'd be happier staying at home with a husband working to provide for you" to turn around and say feminism has no place in western society is painfully idiotic.

America is also better than a lot of countries. Guess we should just sit back and not worry about the massive debt or mass shootings or civil liberties being taken away. We have it better than most. Stop whining.

There's a flip side to every coin.

I'm a male feminist and I'm proud of it.

9. Don't get many sandwiches then?

Shame.

10. I see mainly men, arguing about the rights of women, many of these men have never been given less than their co-worker for something they cannot control.

These men have probably never been rejected from a job because of their genitalia and their ability to carry children.
    These men have probably never been looked over for a promotion for having "low mental stability".
    These men have probably never had women catcalling them as they walk down the street, telling them to flaunt their stuff.
    These men have probably never been sexually harassed at a bar with friends.
    These men have probably never been drugged against their will.
    These many have probably never been sexually assaulted.

But yet, here they are, arguing about something they think they know, on the Internet, because the females wanted to be treated with the same respect they give you.

But none of them have the decency to respect others, and I think that's sad.

11. Did you know that 80% of the time women are the abuser in a relationship? Did you know that woman have ridiculous double standards?

12. Did you know that women have a 1 in 6 chance of getting sexually assaulted?

Plus, where did you pull that figure from?

13. And none of that has happened to many feminists as well.

Your point? I'm fine with equality, and have and will hit somebody who disrespects my gf or my mother, or any woman in general. It's called respect. But saying that women have no rights compared to men is idiotic.

Feminism: An excuse to whine and get somebody else to hand you everything.

14. Stalker-Women wear kinky clothes in hopes of making them sexually attractive

15. I come up with statistics all the time. Like 90% of ppl on kaw are men. Other 9% are men pretending to be women. 1% are actual women.

16. They have more standardised rights in government context yes.

But those rights do not equal those of a man.
    A man, doing the same job as his female co-worker, will earn more money. Period.

Women have to pay for their sexual hygiene, when they did not in fact ask for it.

Male circumcision is free.
    We could go on, but I don't feel the need to.

17. Those are pretty accurate. Lmao

18. If 1 in 6 woman get sexually assaulted every day, that's means 500million women must get sexually assaulted everyday
    I smell 