HOLIDAY OSW SONG

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by -SPIDER-T-, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Not sure about epic.. It's still a statless alt. And might want to change that bypass.

2. Lol. DMC it's not heated. It's just saying.

And slim, parodies do not have to stick to the premise of the original, hence parody and not replication:)

3. Funny but posted on statless :/ ....

4. When Chubby changed to barcode in an attempt to run from OSW.

5. This is a parody of a Christmas song. Changing it to the word holiday is an ignorant attempt to be politically correct.

6.  nice ss

7. Christmas OSW Song

Well done

8. No rythym. No support. Maybe I'm just thinking of the original song too much :(

9. Misuse of the term "politically correct". It is an attempt to be "culturally sensitive", as people like we Japanese don't celebrate Christmas, and there is no political motivation on the writer's part.

Also, as you point out, it is a "parody", so doesn't the writer of the parody reserve the right to modify as he sees fit? Lighten up a bit and enjoy the song.

10. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

11. Thank you, I know I'm great.

13. Shameless Bump :mrgreen:

14. So you want to persecute Christians and remove reconditioned of their celebration rather than acknowledging it.
    I would rather say merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah and Eid Mubarak to people, than be I can't be bothered to learn so I'll just say holidays.

15. First of all, hilarious, OP!

Seriously though, I am all for multi-cultural sensitivity, freedom of religion, etc, but is it really necessary to nitpick every single thing that could possibly,maybe,at some point,somewhere-you get the idea-be even slightly seen as offensive by someone??? I mean, the title of the song was "The Twelve Days of Christmas"...we apologize, it was written in a different era, sorry we can't go back and change that...isn't that enough?

Maybe I am just more laidback and easygoing about such things, I dont't know, but for example, I do not celebrate Hanukkah. HOWEVER, I do enjoy Adam Sandler's classic ode to the holiday, and I certainly would not deem it necessary to change anything about it. Actually, I would be quite disappointed to turn on the radio and hear something like..."Put on your nondescriptive, nonspecified, 'not associated with any particular religion or culture' spiritual attire! It's time to celebrate the Holidays!" It is just not as catchy.

16. I don't give a crap what holiday you celebrate, I always say Merry Christmas. You can tell me Happy Holidays or whatever and all I hear is.... Merry Christmas.

This is without a doubt my least favorite time of year. People have lost sight of what this time of year means. It has become a retail/online buying nightmare. We forget that this entire time of year is dedicated to the birth of Jesus Christ and welcoming the new year and literally nothing else. The religious debate will go on for eternity unfortunately. It is hilarious.

18. Same I had to change it in my mind to get the rhythm of the song