R.I.P Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by BobRoss, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Finally died of an overdose today at age 48. STP was a legendary 90's rock band and weiland was always in the news with his drug relapses , drunken/stoned concert tapes leaked ...eventually being kicked from STP. Just recently it was rumored weiland might be headed back to STP after lincoln parks frontman...lenny or lemmy something who took over STP stepped down recently.....drugs kill people. This guy literally had the world by the balls in the 90s but chose to blow it all for drugs.

2. Drugs r baaaaad

3. Sad news R.I.P ️

4. RIP in peace.

5. "2 times and it has rendered me...punch drunk and without bail...think id be safer all alone"

6. No living creature has ever survived the game of life. Humans are no different. Would you rather have 38 years of no fear fun or 83 years of "don't do that it might kill you"

7. I believe it was Chester Bennington from Linkin Park that took over for a bit, saw them in concert a year ago or so. Sad to hear though

8. The lack of comments on this thread means that
    1. No one cares
    2. ISIS is more interesting than a guy who can sing or play guitar.
    3. There are lots of younger kids that were born after the 90's
    4. Those born in the 90's don't care. It was bound to happen.

9. More towards 4.

They didn't call it sex, drugs, and rock and roll for nothing. If you had more money than you needed and women wanting to climb into bed with you every night, it's not hard to see why many artists did, and still do these things.

If they don't all die from OD, I'm sure it'll be HIV.

10. R.I.P.

Let the haters hate. Scott sounded better than you anyway.

11. There is a difference between living life and being stupid. Hopefully most of us know the difference.

12. lol I'll take the 83 thank you very much

13. He was also in Velvet Revolver for a few years, which wasn't nearly as good as GnR or STP on their own.

RIP Scott Weiland

14. Front Men for Linkin Park are Mike Shinoda & Chester Bennington. Chester decided to step down from Stp on the eve of a new album release and upcoming tour schedule that could last over a year.

15. RIP.

Sad news man.

16. Self destruction n such a waste.
    Feel for those left behind.

17. So sad. If you have a problem with drugs there is help out there. Your decisions affect more than just you.

18. Was also wondering when it was gonna happen lol.

Crap loss for music tho. I guess choice song to send him off to is "wicked garden". RIP

19. Huge, HUGE fan. Up there with Chris Cornell and James Hetfield as my all time faves (my lifetime anyway).

So many memories associated with his music. Everyone agreed, nothing but STP and VR at the gym today.

However, given his lifestyle, this news is long past due.