Seal of Loyalty Change

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No support. Devs clearly don't understand the implications of this change.

I respect people's banners and I ask they respect mine. This change made that impossible if the spell is cast. Which means less will cast the spell, and devs will lose another gold sink.

I vote to roll this change back.

2. Last thing Ill say about this stupid ass update is that hide n seek is no fun if you have almost zero chance of finding the hiders.

3. I had a real good laugh at this, watch out your oracle for fixed nob prices soon, Twinky! I honestly wonder who came up with the idea to change that spell, never saw any player asking for that...

To me this update is totally superfluous and even idiotic.

Usually someone casting that spell means that one wants to avoid ally hires. Strip attempts on osw targets might get slightly more difficult (and I doubt that...), but you just created a system where accidential hires will happen much more regularly. Is this the intended implementation?

Today everyone can buy lists of our favorite LB player's allies online. "Fixing" that spell just makes life harder for honest players... Or do you really think that this spell fix could combat the creation of those lists?

As Moose has posted, you managed to find a way to create untrackable strip fund banks, provided those are casting 24/7. Probably reserved to the LB as well as regular EE participants only though, but still. Or some LL guild hansel bank...

What exactly were the thoughts behind this uncalled fix?

4. Let's get this straight only reason most of us cast ally spell is for max mith in EE. Hence those casting have most to lose bc we can not bank for EE. This does nothing to stop big strips from osw clans who use tracking programs. But if your a ps in EE good luck staying banked with spell cast.

5. And if everyone in game hides allies (possible) then what devs??? No ally market at all?? Where do we spend the gold you are giving away at an ever increasing rate. No support. Roll it back. Find another way to support not ruin ally market please.

6. Lol that'll never happen.

7. True it probably won't. I was just trying to point out the lack of forward thinking. Implementing these kinds of changes without exploring all the possibilities and then weighing them up pros against cons means more issues in the future. Having a knee jerk reaction to a problem only causes a massive waste of resources later on trying to fix the issues it creates. This as a business model means you are on a slippery slope to extinction.

PS the ally market is out of control as it is price wise due to inflation, if only 50% of the players in kaw hide allies the effect will be that those left over will be buying understat overpriced allies in order to bank. This will cause the gap in tiers to get even wider. I wonder if devs are looking towards a two server game deliberately widening gap.

8. Then he would also understand that whining at the whiners isn't gonna do anything either

9. Gee short n sweet n to the point lol

10. Dude wake up n smell the KaWfee.
    I've no clue what ur going on about other than trolling with your nonsense. Get back on topic.

11. Well it appears this latest update has caused much consternation. Idk but if it was rescinded i wouldn't miss it tbh

12. Next they will eliminate reset bombs... Oh wait... 

13. I don't like this for a few reasons:
    Lots have dnh banners and throw a fit if you hire from them. This will likely cause lots of hit hires. I usually buy as i please, but tend to respect woc and osw. This doesn't give me knowledge of these. On older versions it will say no owner? For the two reasons i just said this makes it even more messed up. Especially for those that don't scan forums daily to see this change.

14. Same here. This thread is the first time ive seen anyone mention this as an issue on forums.

my previous comments were more influence by the importance and validity of this being a priority update. I didnt really care then how the spell would work.

Now though, i really do dislike it.

How long has this spell been in the game again?

And it conveniently followed this recent update

I never saw a complaint in forum for this one either.

This newest update doesnt just make a strip potential more difficult, it also making it harder to start countering when you see your opponents clan members seal of loyalty up and start shuffling allies.

You could reference ss's and figure out was the gold was being moved to. That has just been shut down.

Aspects of pvp/osw all of a sudden seem to have all these flawed features that devs are just now getting around to to fix.

The new event trend and some extremely large strips recently definitely have nothing to do with this.

15. I love this new implementation to the already existing spell. If one chooses to hide their allies it makes total sense that their owners appear as hidden.

For those who are concerned about OSW/DNH; like you, those ppl are aware of this new update and therefore know that their allies have greater chances of being bought. We don't know who owns who so it's fair game to buy allies.

If you do not want your allies to be bought then don't cast the spell. I honestly love the fact that Devs are updating their gaming system. Ppl really need to learn to use common sense in situations like these.

I know it's a game but, come-on ppl. Use those brains God gave you!

Peace, I'm out.... For now

16. Does this apply to Oath of Fealty as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.