Sun Lord and Green Lady (Now With More Rewards!)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

"True facts" right here. By the way, if something was well said, or that I don't have something to contribute, I usually won't bother replying with a one-word response indicating as much. If you're going to be monitoring my posts, look at what I don't reply to when I'm active in a topic as much as what I bother to quote and respond to.

Since this was specifically addressed to me: That's fair, and I respect your opinion. I might even agree with your comments on some level, even if I wouldn't word it in that fashion.

2. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

"
    ZERO requirement?" "Doing what you would do anyways"?

Apparently you guys are now border lining replies to your player base and customers on the brink or egotistical and borderline rude/we don't give a duck.

I can't have a zero participation as I am forced to do rotational EBs because everyone ends up running them eventually. So there is a FORCED participation even if I don't want to participate.

And NO, this isn't what I would normally do. Your events, which are useless, do change the course of my normal game play. And it is not out of choice, it is forceful in nature as pretty much every clan runs around doing EBs which we would not do otherwise. So NO this IS NOT what I would NORMALLY do.

You guys better start coming down to mother earth and be more mindful and respectful of your player base aka customers. This game ain't going to run for too long any which way. You all will very soon be on the streets searching for a job and I hope you don't meet me for an interview, or someone like me. I'll teach you how to reply to your customers that make your business run. Apparently the whole lot of you at ATA need a major correctional training in customer service. Which includes learning HOW to handle PAIN areas and questions and ENSURING that you FIRST reply to the problem areas on a PRIORITY. Which apparently none of you apes at ATA reply to, your bosses included. I figure the trend at ATA is to "duck and escape the tough questions, who cares we are making money on zero investment". This never ran a business to the top. History has all these business, employees and business owners on the streets begging for money. You aren't going to figure that out right now, but very soon, very soon.

Innovative and customer friendly people look to run their shop with a plan for 50+ years from now. I am sure you guys don't have a clue about where you will be wiping the floors 5 years from now. If you had any respect for your customers and a tad bit of business acumen, you would not be replying like that quote above. And you would also be addressing pain areas first.

3. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Thx Cor. My wording isn't top notch ATM due to my participation of the slow destruction of my liver

I just learned this event is TWENTY DAYS long!!

Each event is followed by more and more backlash and the response is to make an even longer one!

I'm so glad I'm not in a personal relationship with a Dev or I'd be serving life for first degree murder

But then again, I'd be in Canada, and I'd be able to argue a case that it was justified

4. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Seriously another dm event devs

5. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Don't mention it.

I think that perhaps the motive on making this event longer is to perhaps make it so the timer doesn't feel like a forced few days - that's reserved for the PvP side so people can be adequately armed even if they weren't prepared before the event was announced, and can sleep easily I reckon. With a longer event, people are more likely to not try to go 120 percent, and take it a bit more slowly. This could lead to the regular base being more "ok" with this kind of event as they start to take these less seriously (or at least believe they can get away with taking it less seriously since it's nigh unsustainable to operate at that level of competitiveness for that long - look at how war timers have changed over the years). If the developer's goal was a change like that, as well added side-effect of having more time to focus on preparation for lowland wars or the next event (especially since we're getting into the holidays after this), then they are semi-vindicated for making this event longer.

Jokingly - you admitted you're not in Canada! /delete post for personal information. /issue warning for first-time offense. :p

6. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

^However the tier requirements have changed along with the duration. 2.5k ️ 3.5k, 5k ️ 7.5k.

And the equip doesn't even bloody match this time. Not to mention a repeated format from the half dozen previous events.

Though, it is "free" stuff.. And strip funding is strip funding.

7. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

1.) I am incredibly proud of Kaw_Community for bringing forth such butthurt in obi. Honestly made my day :p

2.) EVERYTHING KC SAID IS TRUE! You don't have to try on these events, just play the damn game. Oh no my clan is running 3 new ebs that we don't normally run, Lord help us! Kaw players are feeling entitled with these events. Get over yourselves.

3.)
    ^Forum ban? Or silence? I'm not up to date on bypass rules

8. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

The event was 2 weeks last time and say 5k was the goal now its 7.5k so no taking it easy they made the event solely because these weirdos at the top are still happy getting milked for some weird reason on copy/paste events.

9. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Obi is right and tubs is just oblivious lol

10. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Exactly it will still be "120%" effort

11. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

The events don't bother me too much, more the idea that this is all of the content we will offer to the players.

12. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Think that's what most are annoyed about is it's the same event over and over they change a few equipment pictures but its the same event over and over no creativity at all could throw a couple ee events in do some event where you get to choose a path pure PvP events whatever no effort.

13. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

@Corsair
    I think that's a popular sentiment.

I like free gold, and I usually get a good amount. But if it's always the same... And if it often seemingly requires a lot of money to do more competitively.. It's a tad discouraging.

14. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

OR.. And this may shock you..
    Because thats how you LIKE to play the game?

15. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

I didn't say players could actually "take it easy," and get away with it, just that the impression would possibly exist due to the longer duration. Also, due to the longer duration (and that this community is big enough to where it matters), there will be a bigger gap between people who are going for the leaderboard rewards, and those who don't mind as much. The duration plays a much bigger role on that front specifically.

Well, KaW of today is definitely different then the KaW of yester-year, even if the core mechanics are still the same. I wouldn't worry that "this is all of the content we will offer to the players" is a thing. More varied events will come, as will more varied wars and other features with time. At the very least, surely you don't expect the exact same kind of event for the holidays in December, do you? Something unique will assuredly happen to commemorate things, and at the very least the game will continue to adapt with the times for as long as there's a community here to play the game (if only so they can keep a community). So, extreme short-term, there might not be anything new, but longer term, there will definitely be new things.

Keep in mind, however, that the developers have to carefully manage a "complexity budget" with their game when it comes to new features. For more information on that, a different topic (or at least post), pm or cc conversation would be required.

16. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Actually. I said if I was with a Dev I'd be in Canada.
    That doesn't omit the fact I could live in Canada already.
    Just like saying "Go Leafs" doesn't mean I'm from Toronto,
    But just that I need serious medical attention.

17. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Agreed, Corsair. My issue with events is not the events themselves, but rather that they're all the same. At least at the beginning when they first started them they were different.

18. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Obi spent half his post complaining that events made his Kawing experience "not normal" . Seems petty to me considering normal eb kaw is boring and repetitive.

19. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

What if I wasn't talking to you? :0 I know crazy right?

They won't do a different event for Christmas you are living in 2010 mate when devs cared.

20. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

I just noticed this event is ONLY 20 days, not 21. The other events were 2 full weeks. This one is 2 weeks and 6 days but it's 7500 vs 5000. We have 1 day less. Was this intentional dev?