Sun Lord and Green Lady (Now With More Rewards!)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

It's not that they haven't responded to criticisms in the last 5 pages, it's that they haven't adequately responded to criticisms in the last 3 years.

2. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

And I am assuming you are one of those people that disagree with anything in popular demand such as complaining that a game that has been apart of people's lives for 6+ years is being ruined by cash greedy developers. Keep that up that'll take you far in life

3. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

 and yes, SUPPORT 

4. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

I am one of those people for whom the game has been a part of my life for 6+ years. I don't see where a personal attack comes into play in all of this, especially since I supported the motive behind your post (just not how you went about it). Did you read the ending remarks on the comment of mine you quoted?

Towards being "one of those people that disagree with anything in popular demand," I would have to say that is incorrect. Even on KaW, people can attest to times where I completely agreed with the community, or disagreed with developer decisions. You don't know me, or my history at all it seems, so I'll forgive the mistake. As a bit of advice, don't assume. Honestly, as a summer 2010 player, I'm surprised we haven't run into each other, but I definitely had quiet periods so that's probably my fault.

Towards calling KaW a "game that has been apart of people's lives for 6+ years is being ruined by cash greedy developers," I can't comment on their behalf. I will say that businesses should stay afloat, and that servers, updates, and people to maintain all the aspects of this game does indeed cost a fair amount of money. Desiring to be profitable is not a bad thing by any means. However! You claim that desiring to be profitable and caring about their game/creation as a game are mutually exclusive. Far be it from the truth! In fact, one of the biggest problems is that change takes time to implement. Look at Lowlands Wars - a controversial idea that seems to have more support than naysayers for now, but people are already jaded towards KaW again since it hasn't been implemented. While the developers are steadily working on things, by the earliest it won't be in the realm of possibility until the end of November or in December (if you account for some kind of Black Friday promotion like people seem to be hoping for). Now, apply this towards longer development cycles of things we cannot see. How long do they take, especially when considering they can't allocate staff doing the many other things - like running even cookie-cutter events that have different writing, artwork, stats management(though this has probably been figured out in advance by now, based on an earlier kaw reply in this topic), and so on? Here's a question - why run cookie cutter events, as opposed to more varied events? Perhaps this is so staff can be allocated to new development, or other resource problems. While it is easy for the consumers to be privileged and expect everything magically, reality, especially in an indie-company, is going to be different.

I'm not saying to stop negative feedback - negative feedback is some of the best feedback to get (as long as it is constructive). Just, some things to consider :geek:

5. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Cmon space these events, out then making them close to b2b.

6. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Great job KaW_Community, you found the Green Giant's long-lost sister. I applaud you for re-uniting a family!

7. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

They should do a war event

8. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Wait for weekends, gladiator :p

9. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Ignore Corinthian. He's has no idea what's going on in the game right now. He is just trying to brown nose to the devs again. Pathetic.

10. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

I've dumped 15plus xtals into crappy Indy wars and haven't seen one come back
    Not looking for rewards here. Just a positive direction toward clan wars

11. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

dont worry guys, pet system is coming and you can feed it with old rusting eq. ;-)

12. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

It is ironic that you are accusing me of "brown nosing," when your comment is what people call "mudslinging." Were it my goal to metaphorically change the color of my nose (not that it is, thank you for asking), you are merely helping in the cause (something that, based on your comments here and elsewhere, seem to be against intentionally accomplishing).

I will admit that I only understand the game as it stands at my level of gameplay, and that I've kept myself intentionally ignorant (to some level) of system wars since the Summer Wars of 2012, but I know enough of "what's going on in the game right now" to speak on the subject as long as it isn't about the "build complete" tier of players. Then again, even when I was competitive enough to speak on that subject with knowledge, a fair amount of players still discredited me for not being build complete myself (something I haven't been for the majority of my time here as it doesn't interest me that much). Take my credentials for what they are.

As for "brown nosing" the developers, I have no aims or reason to have aims on that front. I don't desire to be a moderator again or anything of that nature. I just care both about the community and in conducting an informed and engaging discussion.

13. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

The past few events I have been pretty harsh with my disgust about these events. But there's one thing that only now I am realizing.

Event or not, I'll still tap away, might as well get free equip along the way. Sure it will get outdated, so instead I'll save my aqua and inferno for a few events and then work from there. I don't need to level them up when level 1 stats beat my previous eq anyways.

I'll buy xstals for ll wars soon and tap some more. I'm not a whale and not a free player, so them enhancing the drops for winning war is cool also.

Here is my gratitude devs, keep doing what you have to, to put food on the table. Cheers.

14. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

I protest!

15. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Support for another great event! Well done!

16. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

That's what is so pathetic about you Cor. You've convinced yourself you still have the slightest idea about what you are talking about. You're like Frank Sinatra trying to tell people you know everything there is to know about hip-hop and thrash metal. That's why we are loling at you're every ignorant comment.

17. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Yes the devs are busy. They've got so many things to do. And there might only be one person running the acct to respond to players. I can't imagine when they'd have had the time to respond to anything. I mean, there hasn't been 6 promos in the last few months where they could have communicated with the players on any of the threads that were active for days.

I'm not asking the devs to move mountains. But part of running a business is customer service and communication. We don't need a response about every single little thing, that'd be stupid. But there's barely any communication. I'd have thought communicating here might be a little easier to access more people rather than responding to individual players via email. I was happy to see that they're working on the warring system, that is a step in the right direction. But they need to be more 'open' with the community. Let us know that events aren't the only thing you're working on, and you might find people won't be so hostile and annoyed. What about another road map thread? They communicate more than other games. But it's not enough. The players make the game - they should communicate more. If they don't have the time, they need to find it.

18. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Didn't I admit that I don't know, for the sake of your metaphor, "everything there is to know about hip-hop and thrash metal?" You even quoted where I was saying as much. All I have offered is perspective without offering an opinion either way.

Off topic, given that I haven't heard anyone else laughing at my comments, I was unaware you were royalty to use the royal "we." Another thing I didn't know, but will file away for future reference.

19. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Corinthian has always been particularly, ah, long winded. Or perhaps a touch pedantic.

Stark contrast with that Benny guy.

20. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Cor
    You are from a time when kaw had possibilities
    Positivity was good in the face of the slow change that players faced
    I remember you as a helpful person although your personal alliances may have been sketchy
    Kaw has now put everyone in the same compost pile and now the only reason to have a beef with another alliance is to hide your ally sales behind a weak OSW banner
    Today AtA has drawn their intentions in big smelly permanent marker that events and event role play is their top priority
    Wars are on the list, way down there, but it's on the list. These role play stories are top though and those that have kept playing for the 6 plus years see that and personally, I'm not impressed. But I'm not a top spender. So I'm in the minority.