Sun Lord and Green Lady (Now With More Rewards!)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Thanks for deleting my first post

Stop stalling with crappy greedy events and fix wars and release new ebs!

This is why I quit my last game

2. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Yes release new EB's and add something else new to enhance game play.

3. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

The event grind has ruined KAW. I am quitting for the second time. Maybe in two more years you devs will have your acts together. Wish the reset was still an option

4. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

The event grind is worse than the OSRS grind

5. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

The devs are making this a grind, when a game is a grind it's no longer fun anymore

6. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

If 90% of your active equipment is not being replaced by event equipment, then what is the complaint about? I thought people were up in arms because the gear was constantly becoming more-and-more obsolete.

Towards "playing mediator," I'm merely offering perspective - notice how I'm not offering an opinion, just using simple logic to hypothesize developer motivations. If making constructive posts that are not just "support/don't support" is "mediating," then I guess that's why I'm doing by your definition. If that is indeed the case, I thank you for asking, but I don't see the point in "stopping" just because one person asked me to for little reason.

EDIT: Towards calling me an "ex mod," that's only half true. I'm no longer a player moderator, but I'm still a "Site Moderator" on the forums - even if my forum powers have been revoked because I'm no longer the first :roll: .

7. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

So pretty much you just made the former events goal of 5000 harder by making it 7500 and the 2500 goal is now 3500?

This is so stupid.

8. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

STOP PLEASE

9. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

I'm not disagreeing with you on the second part, but the game has been a grind for a long time, with Tier 3, Tier 4, etc. buildings and building levels being released, as well as many new lands. Imagine a world where Tier 2 Lowlands was the best you could build (castle level 1, guild level 3, forge-level troop buildings). The game has been extended into a grind because it is a sustainable replacement - an excuse for people to play the game together and interact with each other.

That said, I've always viewed extending the grind as a stopgap solution, which is why consecutive events not displaying much variation can be discouraging. However, events existing, as much as the epic battle system existing, are/were both steps in the right direction to adding more spice to the game. I believe this because, as you say, if a game is just a grind it's not longer fun anymore: it's coffee.

10. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

I'm sorry to stain this thread with yet another "No Support" post.. (Sorry for the length)
    But come on Devs! Has anyone noticed that the devs have not responded to anyone in the last 10 pages? And has anyone noticed that the last 10 pages have been 99% complaints to the devs?.. This says something. They do not care about what we have to say if it does not agree with increasing their income.
    But I can't help but recall kaw_creative posting in a "bring back kaw_creative" thread a few days ago. He/she said something like "I think it is great that we have created a game with such a great community. That is why I think the game has lasted so long, because of the community and how they can easily interact with each other, and I hope it lasts many years to come." Something like that. Well guess what Mr. and Mrs. Developers.. You are ruining that great community that you have worked so hard to build up. That "many years to come" may come a lot sooner than you think, or had hoped for.
    The fact that you rarely adhere to the complaints or ideas from this ever so great community shows how selfish and greedy you are. And when you finally do respond to the complaints like Cynder's post in the earlier pages of this thread, your response is "you don't have to participate in these events...just hit regularly and get a few free items."
    Well guess what devs, yes.. We do have to participate. You remember 4 years ago when we all started seeing a HUGE gap between the players who can and can't spend real cash on this game? Well it is 10x worse now. If we want any hope at catching up, we do have to participate in your ATA fundraising events. And that fact alone is a great disappointment.
    If you want to save this game from its very close end, I suggest you start listening to the low paying players as well as the high paying ones. Trust me, 10 more years of mild income flow from the entire Kaw Community, will greatly outdo 2 more years of high income flow from a few more than 500 players.
    Let's test your ability to listen to the lowly players to by waiting to see if you will even respond to this post.

11. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

I can agree with that but there's not so much of a rush on upgrading than there is with time limited events. I'm only grinding these events because I'm getting better eq that is already better than season 5 eq which imo is ridiculous. I know it's my choice to grind but it will maybe help in the future. But this whole system the game is running on now is flawed. The rewards system eq wise is completely flawed. Eb eq is now greater than hard earned ee eq. Only reason I'm still here is because of the family I've made on this game and the many friends I've made. No other app I've played had this great type of communication but in my honest opinion that's one of the only reasons why so many ppl still play anymore. I have seen way too many players quit because of the greediness of the devs now.

12. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Wow this is totes my favourite song EVER!

With All the long winded rants and cries of despair, it really reminds me of when I thought the devs cared..

13. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

100% support
    Devs need to step back and see the big picture soon or else this great community will be ruined. Warrior makes a great point. You WILL make more profits from listening to the community because not only will this game last longer, but more people will spend money which will highly increase profits. Big spenders will waste their money anyways and by only listening to them, your low spenders will no longer spend when they could be spending more if u listened to us.

14. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

20 pages worth of complaints... I see you lurking devs 

15. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

:D support

16. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Like I had faith, just a little bit, with the lowland wars....it was jus the smallest little bit. But then, 3 weeks of event rotation came and stepped on it.

17. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Inflation sucks!

18. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Devs please listen to wild warriors post it is the best post and I think most players feel same way.

19. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

They won't, they never respond to criticisms.

That's their signature policy, duh

20. Re: Sun Lord and Green Lady

Towards the developers not responding to anyone in the last 10 pages, pretend there's only one employee who operates as the forum response person. If they sleep, or do other duties, it's not that they "don't care," it's that they do other things. The topic is less than a day old, so it's jumping the gun to be upset about "no replies." If anything, the fact that so many posts have been made in so-short of a time span - and that the developers did answer core questions: shows that the game is not as close to being dead as you claim, and the developers do, indeed, care. I think that the developers have already responded to most of the complaints that have been made on this topic (which could be another reason for less replies since people are just repeating what other people already said).

As far as there being "99% complaints to the devs," while complaints are generally not fun to see for anyone, if complaints on the forums was a metric for success for a game, then many highly successful games would not exist. "If you're going to be successful you're going to be controversial." It's a fact of life. Through pretty much every change this game has gone through, there has been a portion of the community that was against it at the time. I'm not saying all changes they've made were good, but look at things objectively.

For your last bit, whenever I read a comment like yours, it makes me think of terrorist demands. Specifically, if the developers respond to your post, they'd then be obligated to respond to everyone else who makes a comment at the end like you did. Because of this, even if they would have replied, they are much less likely to now. Possibly, you know this, and so you made the topic just to slander the developers further when they don't respond. It's a no-win situation for them, and in some ways make me think of one of team liquid's forum rules: "Don't be a drama queen or martyr. Our forums aren't colonial America or Tiananmen Square. "This is going to get me banned, but..." results in an automatic ban." Fortunately for several people on this forum, this is not a rule here, but it's something to keep in mind when considering it's used on a much-larger forum network.

All of this said, I hope everything works out for you in your quest for justice for the lower paying (and free) players. It's a cause I championed for some time, so I'm with you on that level. Just, go about it the right way ;)