Shaker Aamer Released

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PipeBomb, Oct 30, 2015.

1. How?

2. Lol at Pipebomb asking people to leave because they disagree with him. I agree countries should take harsher punishments on terrorism and execute them on the spot.

3. Lol better about what?

4. Lmao. He is asking for the death of an innocent man. He is calling for the death of all extremists. Irony much?

5. Troll is right he's just giving a opinion which you asked for.

6. Death to terrorists yes, watched a video of China executing tons of Islamic terrorists by firing squad. That's the message we need to send.

7. Troll is a troll. He is calling for death. That is terrorism. He is trying to curb terrorism by terrorism. That is why terrorism still exists.

8. Those videos are illegal...

9. So pipebomb you're telling me that the death penalty to violent murderous criminals is an act of terrorism?

10. Its his opinion.

11. I clicked on a link of Facebook rofl.

12. Giving you just what you asked for

13. Without trolls like me your thread would have 3 or 4 posts on it js.

14. I am talking about an innocent man.

15. Fair enough. Your point is quite valid.

16. "the US military Joint Task Force Guantanamo believed that Aamer had led a unit of fighters in Afghanistan, including the Battle of Tora Bora, while his family was paid a stipend by Osama bin Laden."

17. Key word 'believed'. The US also believed Iraq had a secret neclear arsenal...

18. He was released because they couldn't prove the source was credible. He's a dangerous terrorist in my eyes, and will for ever be. I'm just glad he's overseas.

19. In 2010, officers from the Metropolitan police visited Aamer at the US military jail in Cuba where they questioned his allegations of British security and intelligence agency complicity in his mistreatment. Aamer has said British officials were aware he was beaten at Bagram, the US prison in Afghanistan, before he was secretly flown to Guantánamo, and on one occasion a British intelligence officer was present when US interrogators banged his head against a wall.

It is unclear whether Aamer’s lawyers have advised him to agree to a confidentiality agreement and to voluntary security measures. Binyam Mohamed agreed to such measures, including regular reports to a police station, when he was released.

Aamer, born in Medina, Saudi Arabia, 47 years ago, is a British resident with a British wife and four British children – his fourth child, Faris, was born the day he was flown to Guantánamo.

His wife, Zin Siddique, and her family live in Battersea, south London, where the MP Jane Ellison has campaigned for his release.

He was captured by what are said to be bounty hunters from the anti-Taliban Northern Alliance in Afghanistan and handed over to US forces in December 2001. Two months later, he was rendered to Guantánamo.

Repeated calls by successive British governments for his release will weaken the impact of any hostile stories, or smear tactics, directed at Aamer on his return.
    Sourced from the Guardian Newspaper.

20. And I don't see how that statement disproves he was a terrorist? British residents can be terrorists too.