Need help with School

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigJayMan, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Hi attend college. I have a demonstration speech tomorrow. And I was wondering if my speech topic was a demonstration speech. "How to be productive." I'll give them a simple advise on how to be productive in life.

The only issue is. Is it a demonstration speech or informative speech. Please let me know. I don't want to get a 0.

2. How does the teacher define demonstrate versus inform? It's one thing for all of us to tell you what to do...but you need to make sure you're on target with what the teacher has said or what exactly they are looking for. You can definitely demonstrate how one can be productive...use lots of examples and be creative! Good luck.

P.S. I rarely read forums; let alone comment.Peace out!

3. Thank you. And God bless America.

4. Is this guy being serious...

5. Here's some pointers:

- Clearly define what you are trying to be productive at

- define baseline and improvement goals

- explore/research/be creative on how to achieve those improvements

- draw up a plan and stick to/commit to executing the improvements

- continually measure the performance against improvement goals

- when you achieved your target, seek ways to improve further or seek other productivity targets

6. We have received your request for help and are working hard to resolve your issue. Please deposit an additional 5m stats for further assistance.

Thank you.

7. 

8. When in doubt, ask the prof. Send them an email or see them during office hours before you give your speech.

9. How to be productive in life. ..stop playing kaw.

10. Advise if ever in doubt about a major assignment or confused see the professor before after class or during office hours. Email only if you have to. In person is best and I found it helps to do this as it shows the professor you are making a attempt to do well in the class. As for college "College why you no let me sleep?"

11. Agree!!!

12. I would call op's example as informative speech.

Demonstrative when I was in speaking class was essentially the same as a bullet pointed/numbered speech on doing some action.

Example: demonstrating how to change the oil in your car

Or demonstrating how sew, wash something, cooking.. Etcetera

14. This. :lol: