Nobility Pricing - IAP Australia

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by SquirrelOverlord, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Note: These are all Australian pricing, but I would suspect that other currencies are the same with exception to USD pricing upon which all others are based.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the pricing of nobility should actually be cheaper the more you buy, just as crystals are done

For example;

10 nobility @ $1.49 (Unit Price: $0.149)
    50 nobility @ $7.99 (Unit Price: $0.1598)
    200 nobility @ $30.99 (Unit Price: $0.15495)
    765 nobility @ $119.99 (Unit Price: $0.15684967)

Using the same discount rate from 50 to 200 nobility the unit pricing should be as $0.1501 which would give a package cost of $114.82, though this is still more than buying 77 '10 nobility point' packs.

77 * $1.49 = $114.73

In essence there is no discount for bulk buying nobility from ATA under any circumstance and is probably mirrored in their other games, if you play them.

Questions, why is it that;
    > Bulk buying offers no discount at all?
    > There is a massive jump in unit pricing from 10 nobility to 50 nobility?
    > And that this jump in pricing flows through the pricing model to 200 and 765 nobility packs?
    > How long has this structure been in place?

2. There are set values for pricing that have to be selected. Your countries currency just happens to fall in between 2 of those values for the more expensive item and ATA selected he higher value rather than reduced rates.

So unless ATA chooses to drop the value below what everyone else is paying then you're out of luck.

3. Nah man... It's that way for all the currencies. Get all ur facts right.

4. NOT IN 'MURICA

5. US Store - IAP

Using IAP pricing for the US Store there is no discount on bulk purchasing like crystals.

10 nobility @ $0.99 (Unit Price: $0.099)
    50 nobility @ $4.99 (Unit Price: $0.0998)
    200 nobility @ $19.99 (Unit Price: $0.09995)
    765 nobility @ $74.99 (Unit Price: $0.09802614)

To answer Troll, I'm aware of the pricing tiers used by Apple, Google, Facebook and other game platforms, but even if looking at the US pricing and applying an exchange rate, it still doesn't explain why there is such a pricing difference by unit pricing in the Australian store as the afore mentioned platforms do not apply different exchange rates per pricing tier

6. How's that for facts right?

Anyone using € or £ and want to share that pricing by unit as well?

7. Pay more, click less.

8. Squirrel, are you on Android or iPhone? My pricing is the same as your USD model and I'm in AU. The price changes when you get to the play store due to the exchange rate but the original pricing is the same.

9. Using iOS, though the Google play pricing tiers I know are different, but idk how they apply exchange rates and if the move regularly, unlike Apples which is usually about 6-8 weeks behind (so called technical inflexibility)

10. on android usd - euro has a 1:1 exchange rate :| Go pc!!

11. Ill just use my app thag gives me moneh from doing surveys

12. British sterling ££££

10 nobility @ £0.79 = 0.0790
    50 nobility @ £3.99 = 0.0798
    200 nobility @ £14.99 = 0.0749
    765 nobility @ £54.99 = 0.0718

So therefor it is beneficial to bulk buy here in the UK.

13. ATA doesn't set the prices of the products, Apple does.

14. sure they do not

15. Let me rephrase, Apple/Google Play sets the conversion of the currency that is given by ATA, which is why some regions cost more for stuff than others.

16. Apple/Google and others use pricing tables/tiers, tier 1 is $0.99 USD and they rise from there, but this doesn't explain why there is a difference in currency conversion rates for each pack as unit pricing wouldn't be affected as there's no need to apply multiple conversion rates on multiple tiers of pricing.
    ATA is most likely using a third party provider to do purchasing analytics to manipulate specific market spend rates.
    Again though, this doesn't answer all of the questions raised.

17. Just don't buy anything.simples