My Generation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PrestonGarvey, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Hello good people (and strange creatures),

My generation is absolutely screwed. This is because of a bereft of respect for schools and education throughout America and many other countries. Many students spend time in classes playing on their phones, or talking, or disobeying the teacher. I know this first hand, as currently, I am a pupil. Fortunately I managed to get into a selective school, so most pupils are intelligent and respect the school system. However I have seen videos, pictures and heard stories of children not bothering in classes. This would make them absolute morons when they grow up. The main reason for this is (at least in England) the benefits are quite high. This means that you can live comfortably from it. I think they should cut it to what it should be. A living wage. Many a time I've seen parents without jobs driving Lexuses and Jaguars. I hate this. As previously mentioned the benefits should be dropped to a living wage,meaning that the best you can afford is a little second hand car. This would mean that my generation, or at least the next, would work harder to get a job. In an ideal world; I would like England to be more like China, with students knowing; that if they fail, they don't have any back ups. This would encourage A) Learning B) Entrepreneurs C) More scintillating conversations, rather than the atrocious mannerisms and sheer lack of intellect (I had to describe how a gun worked the other day, they thought that bullets were rockets). Thanks for reading my rant. If you are one of the incompetent slobs of my generation, you probably haven't made it this far, but I bet you will cry in the comments. (I also support Jews, Indians, Muslims and many other ethnic groups migrating to my country as they provide well needed skills; and, in general, respect the system more than the English).

Leavanny

2. How'd you go from thriughout America to England?

3. ^

Also, haven't teenagers been slackers for the last few generations, at the very least for those privileged enough to regularly attend school. It's what they like to do. Personal experience included.

4. Yep, because the last few generations all loved school

5. America has been a joke for a long time. Your generation is no better or worse, maybe a little more unlucky

6. A joke that doesn't lose World Wars. Always kicking ass

7. Meh, look who raised our generation and there's your answer why.

8. I like how you write this on a video game.

9. How many years does a generation span across?

10. It has just as much weight here as posting anywhere else

11. The current generation is always looked upon by some of it's own, and past gen, as the worst.

Just how it goes.

12. Problem is, the good-paying jobs you were supposed to get after graduation were exported to Asia. So, parents would have had good pensions and kids would have had a chance at a decent life.

Blame the insatiable greed of shareholders and corporations.

Welcome to the future where a global corporatocracy will rule the planet.

Enjoy your freedom while it lasts.

13. So I'm born in the tail end of '99 so not a 90's kid but holy hell, I can say, half the kids in my classes either have straight A's and pay attention or Fail or barely pass and like to mess around and mouth off to the teacher and generally not give a ****. It's not this extreme in the grade above or below me and is extremely weird socially as all the friends I have either are athletes like me and don't have time to mess around, have all the time in the world but don't do their work so they bring me down, or do all their work and are freakin weird. I don't think my generations the worst but I do know my graduating class of '18 is royally F***ed and only half of us will graduate.

14. I think it's always been like that, dude

15. ^

Probably just felt the need to post.

16. Also those people aren't inherently bad because they don't follow your standards of a good person.

17. Not everyone lives in America
    You are probably looking at a certain country because Im sure not all countries are like that but eh

18. The way I see it, the world has given the idiots, scum and the absolute stupid people of the world means to communicate and spread their idiocy.

Stupid breeds more stupid and as a consequence there is more stupid in the world of ignorant fools or uneducated people. Particularly in the latest generations.

You can't fight stupid or try to convince stupid with logical arguments only way to win against stupid is let them shout about nothing and ignore them as a whole.

Which is why I'm ashamed to be part of this generation. Much of what op is saying isn't down the to children, about students lacking attention in class, that is also down to the teacher and or the ways they are brought up by equally stupid parents. But much of what he said can be truth as well.

Much of the debated topics to day and things I hate in the world is "social medias" way transferring the information to people in a bid for ratings / views.

Just one example of many, staving kids in Africa, I've never seen such a sham before, people will willingly walk past that starving man / child in the street but then will empty their pockets because they seen a African child that's staving because their parents can't raise them. Africans know this, this is why they have more children than they can support as they know some will die.

But anyways my point is show anyone in my generation a homeless guy they will insult show a bone staving child they will organise ways of helping. Even though they are equally in need but one is "cuter" than the other. How to get people's support 101 in current generation, make a depressing video of a child.

Maybe just me but I see it as logically flawed helping someone across the world when there is people suffering on the door step already. I rather fix the internal problems first then look to help others I'll never see in person "more effectively"

And then we have all this crap about staving models, duck faces, money grabbing "healthy" diets (not healthy what so ever and can be the opposite or worthless) sharing of personal information to just about everyone. As I stated above its not the generations fault, it's either one of these three.

Media, parents and teachers

Media is the easy one and anything they deem wrong, unacceptable or just isn't "interesting" they will shun lie and distort the truth to get people thinking their way, shouldn't have to explain just look at fox...

Parents is the core of every child's foundation but what happens when the parents are terrible, well much of reasons I hate my generation.

Teachers, these are meant to be teaching us, but from current generation they clearly can't control us, that nice lady who puts a smile isn't a worth while teacher, because if a class sees weakness they will Exploit it, I've seen too many teachers run out the room crying.

But in the end, I've wrote way to much just to explain why I hate and is ashamed to be part of this generation.

19. Everyone important does

20. Oh look! Someone who think he knows what he's talking about!!

I went to a selective school, so did my wife. Technically were now on benefits.

I have an iPhone, a £1k laptop and a brand spanking new car!

Care to label me?