Cyber Bullying Awareness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Resident_Of_Evil, Oct 9, 2015.

1. No support, not my fault you're a nerd

2. On a serious note, how the hell did you get almost 12k posts?!?

3. I've never seen so many fools at once.

Kaw is not the only place that he is saying cyber bullying is.

I can't believe people are like "well its not like anyone can see your face turn off your tablet"

Dude not all people can just turn off their tablets, it is bought to real life.

In 2009-10 when I was 15 I had a stalker on this game. They even emailed my teacher. I couldnt just turn off my iPod.

Circumstances online are often brought offline.

This thread should just get cleaned up, locked, or responded on by ATA. ATA as a 9+ game is required to take cyberbullying seriously. They must protect all players. If you don't like this go join an 18+ game.

Again congratulations to all you "adults" by making it known you're more mentally adapt than a child. Heres your ******* cookie.

4. U had a stalker that emailed ur rl teacher?......Sounds like everyone here is right. Ur parents suck ass or ur just a straight dumb ass. Howd they figure out ur real name or however they "stalked" you. You were stupid enough to put personal info (and apparently alot of it) up. Again. Your parents should b fired for not teaching ur idiot self better

5. By wasting a lot of time

6. How was this person able to discover who your teacher was?

Considering that you're "more mentally adept than a child," I'm sure you're not stupid enough to give someone in an online video game your real name and the city/school you go to?

7. Oops, knew I did something wrong.

8. I didn't give them **** except my first name, people are able to find you easily. Its the internet. And yes my parents were ****** up, I'll admit it. I didn't have a father in my life.

But to punish a child who has ****** up parents and aren't raised correctly by saying their bullying isn't real is even more ****** up.

9. Glad Fin isn't my parentFeel better Fin?

10. All I'm saying is that there has to be some shared responsibility between bullies and the victims' parents. If you don't teach your kid resilience, bullying is just one more thing that can ruin their lives. A person who commits suicide due to bullying would probably end up committing suicide over a break up or a lost loved one or something else.

Bullying teaches kids resilience and empowers them with confidence to overcome their fears. How many stories have you heard about how someone became a great/rich individual because they wanted to prove the bullies wrong? Those people have the bullies to thank for their success, for without the bully's motivation, they'd have nothing to prove.

One simple example is one episode I watched last month of Chopped. They had 3 chefs on the show. Every one of them said they became a chef because they were fat as kids and got picked on because of it. They showed before/after pictures and these people looked amazing. One even became a professional body builder.

The problem is that it's a slippery slope. You start softening up and pandering to kids' weaknesses, they're gonna have a hard time finding and keeping a job - you do realize that, right?

I'm not supportive of bullying. There's definitely a line between harassment/assault and normal childhood play.

It's like kids with peanut allergies or cerebral palsy - they're infecting our gene pool with weakness when we pump millions into keeping them alive.

11. It makes more sense to teach kids to stand up themselves.

12. Not all people are fortunate enough to have the mentality or parents to overcome their bullying.

Bringing awareness like this thread isn't stopping bullying but letting you know it is a problem. As long as children aren't aware of what to do, it will always be there. The first step is to recognize it then teach and resolve it.

13. I'm sorry you were bullied and that your parents didn't teach you some important life skills.

My parents screwed up on me pretty badly, too, but in different ways. Unlike you however, I'm not brave enough to say what those things are.

Fortunately for the readers and participants of this thread, they might glean something useful from this thread next time they encounter a bully.

14. Anyone can be bullied. It doesn't matter how 'strong' or 'mentally capable' you think you are. Cyber bullying isn't just a 'Oh I don't like you' comment. Even the strongest of people and the most resilient can be affected by bullying. Saying cyber bullying isn't real or is because people are weak is only further insulting everyone who has ever been cyber bullied. If we can bring awareness to the issue, we can help people over come it and deal with it constructively. Calling people weak and saying it isn't real isn't going to help them.

15. I'm only half ugly so I don't get cyber bullied

16. If something offends you, leave the page and/or block the source. Too many people have become such entitled victimhood brats.

17. I was cyber bullied once.

I put down my phone.

18. I garuntee some1 cant figure out ur entire life stalk u irl n email ur teacher....from ur first name. Good luck w that liar.

19. It isn't just 'something'. Cyber bullying is often someone you know. It can come through Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and any number of social media sites. Sure you can block them, then they might make more accounts to get around that. They can text and email. And it can carry through to face to face bullying. It's not one comment here and there. It's harassment. Mental abuse isn't less significant than physical abuse. It is not as simple as turning off your phone. Even then, the comments can keep coming back to the victim. Raise awareness and teach people how to overcome it and seek the proper help. Don't teach them that people won't care about what their problem is because people think it's nothing and it's not real.