Cyber Bullying Awareness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Resident_Of_Evil, Oct 9, 2015.

1. How about you better yourself and try to develop some dignity/confidence/self reliance..You TURDuckens make me want to puke. NO SUPPORT grow a pair the world will never favor the weak.

2. Bottom line is if you're that sensitive you shouldn't be on the Internet. And if you're not skilled enough to find the block button you don't deserve to be online. There's a block button and a power button for a reason, if you're that much of a wimp.

3. I support you senpai

4. If you can't handle being called names get off the internet. That's just the way it is these days. (Or you could play club penguin)

5. lmao

6. Toon town ftw

7. Haha, you're all idiots and deserve to have bad lives (jk)

8. Ill take a stand here.

It is a problem because of a few things;

I know you people are saying "just block them" and etc. But the reality of the situation is this. What happens to people on social media forums, especially from the ones in reference (children often being bullied by their peers) is often a reflection of how many of these kids are treated by these same people in real life. They come to Facebook and what not simply to be in an area with their friends, as most people do. There is a harsh reality, as was pointed out, that there is perseverance in the harassment by some people (bullies) to invade, belittle and harass some of these kids in every aspect of their lives. So while you all are saying "just block them" it's ignoring the fact that every time this person decides to block an additional account (which anyone can make infinite of) there is still a message being transmitted to the bullied person.

Also, to say "just suck it up" or "toughen up" is really saying "it's their fault it's a problem because they are the ones taking it personally". So I respond to that with this, instead of saying toughen up to every kid how about being the better parent you speak of and teach your kids not to be a piece of trash who feels the need to destroy someone else in order to feel better about themselves? Not saying this specifically to anyone but rather to the idea presented.

TL;DR - Cyber bullying is a problem, want to fix it? Teach your kids to be better people. If not then at least teach them the potential consequences which now include legal charges.

9. @DMC

In a perfect world all kids would learn the right way and be an example of it. But it's not, so the best way to be proactive (considering we can't control the ones who do severely harass others) is to teach the ones affected how to deal with it.

Teach kids strength of mind and self worth, that alone will deter any bully who comes their way. The more kids stand for themselves the more those who try to bring them down fall instead.

10. Front it's all very well and good saying teach kids etc but there are more than a few kids without people to help them, to care for them and to guide them.
    What about those kids ? They'll already have issues anyway in all likelihood and some online troll ripping them apart is the last thing they'd need.

Also harassment isn't limited to kids adults can be harassed and bullied online just as easily. Doesn't make them weak or in any way pathetic just because they don't have the mental or emotional skills to handle the abuse they get bombarded with. Pretty sure several female celebrities were bullied when they had intimate pictures posted all over the internet.
    Also online it's horrendously easy to distort and alter someone's words to make them the target of anonymous hate from complete strangers sometimes in the hundreds.

11. When someone tries to bully me, in real life or on the internet, I always either turn the tables and start bullying them. Or ignore them if I'm not in the mood to laugh. The latter prevents further bullying too as you aren't a fun target.

12. I think cyber bullying is fine but threats can be slightly worrisome. When someone threatens to kill your family or trace your IP or blah blah blah you know they won't do it but the fact that they brought it up always gives me an uneasy feeling. Then I report them and I feel better lol

13. A kid who gets mad and "turns the tables and bullies back" is sorta the point of it.

14. Your bullies must suck at bullying then

15. In response to cyberbullying, its not real. Its a title thrown on something that a group of parents complained about because their children were weak(mentally).

In response to real bullying, take self defense classes. I took competitive jiujitsu classes for 5 years, and moved to self defence jiujitsu, which is a more applicable form to the real world and real world situations. I was 85 pounds in the seventh grade, but let a 135ish pound kid try to "bully" me; he got his ass handed to him on a platter. In all honesty, a quick show of dominance, aggression, or power makes for a great deterrent. Me and that guy are actually decent friends now

16. ...It's not real? What about the people who took their lives because of cyber bullying? It is an issue, and the more awareness we raise, the more we can help the people who are cyber bullied or bullied get through it and deal with it.

17. Cyber bullying bruh it's a screen just turn it off lol just shut you eyes jeez

18. Cyber Bullying is a continuation of regular old school bullying, kids get picked on at school, even forced into no win fist fights which are recorded via mobile devices then posted on line, then the victim is ridiculed on line, there is no escape for the victim. Their facebook accounts can be spammed, their families facebook accounts maybe spammed, They feel alone and isolated and tormented for what seems like forever, remember some jobs you apply for your name gets googled and these things can be found, its not as easy as just turning off your P.C. or closing your eyes. And there is a massive difference between giving someone crap in an online game and what I wrote about above.