A General Rant On Religion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 666AntiChrist666, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah they're flooding the country because we've destroyed their home country over decades of bombing. You have been brainwashed into believing they are at fault for our aggression. It's actually sad. But that's why the main stream media exists. Control the masses. I'm out. Too many ignoramuses with no regard for human life but claim to love everyone in the name of God.

2. Muslims are fleeing into Europe in staggering numbers.

3. Attempted to watch it and realized that my brain is too exhausted for such stimulation right now :) will watch when rested.

4. Muslims are fleeing into Europe in staggering numbers.[/quote]
    Not just Muslims. Refugees. Displaced by a series of conflicts.

5. They're fleeing because their governments are corrupt and evil and they would rather take advantage of someone else at their expense than either fix their country or let us fix it.

6. Governments formed with Britain and Americas consent.

7. Gods fault

8. They can't, lol. They'd rather jot down their own theories of why a greater power doesn't exist.

9. Thank you so much. Your thread seems genuine, so, I appreciate your willingness to take a look at that link. It shows you're being thoughtful and not trollish.

As for your brain being tired, yes. That link is very intense. It crams a lot of material into a small package, but it's delightfully thought Provoking. Especially if you're caffeinated lol.

10. Goodnight forums and keep it classy. No flaming or blatant disrespect to any party. Keep this thread alive :)

11. That they won't let us fix

12. I approve of this message

13. You won't comprehend either way

14. not all faith is based off of something that may or may not be their lol i believe ur a near statless alt , see how that worked i was right , now about the actual gist of your thread people have free will for a reason you have every right to post this just as i have every right to dispute what your saying , just do not bash people because they believe in something regardless whether you think your right or not

15. As i stated earlier, the link treats you like an adult and deals with complex concepts that most people don't think about in their daily lives. If you're going to be discussing such things as the nature of reality and the existence of non existence of God, you cannot expect a pithy commentary

16. Religion has been a cause of high death rates over the centuries yes...but in the past it was more to do with not understanding other cultures and protecting beliefs during invasion.
    I know theres still religion related deaths nowadays and sadly there are many extremists and religious nuts out there...but I think that the only reason there is any good people at all left in the world..is highly because of faith in a higher power or karma.
    Theres been belief in deities for as long as human history all over the world through many cultures...they all come up with this idea seperately.
    Religion has its good and bad points...asides from wars and the control of people...its an overall good thing

17. If we had a world with no religion, wars would still occur. We'd have no less or no more wars. We would simply have one less excuse for going to war, but the wars would still occur.
    Why did America invade Iraq? Oil!
    What was WWII fought over? Resources! (Let's build a better Germany)
    What was the revolutionary war fought over? Taxes and bad tea.
    What were the crusades fought over! Land and money.

Take religion out of the picture and you'll find people are still greedy and violent. Religion is a card that can be played for good or bad, but removing it from the deck entirely does nothing to change the game or its outcomes

18. I agree there will always be a reason or excuse for war...
    but without religion there wouldnt be any good guys...if there were no religion there would be no morals...everyone would be like our politicians...we would all still be barbaric

19. Without religion we'd be more scientifically advanced. The Catholic Church jailed anyone who contradicted the church. Even having glasses was punished. But yeah. Religion makes us non-barbaric. Cept for the concept that says people different than me should have less rights than I do. MURICA

20. Hmm I agree with some points religion has been used as cover for greed/land/ambition

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.