Understand this!

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Naughtiest, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Hello all, I’m really tired of seeing players who don’t spend a dime on this game whine about the new EB!
    I’d like to reiterate a post by –ShadowAssassin- about this, to all the players that feel that that HTE/ZTA are unfair and KaW should be run as charity. :roll:

Now give this a good read again! There are too many players jumping on to the bandwagon saying that the devs should hand everything out for free.
    Think, KaW is not charity.
    I won’t be participating or spending money on ZTA and I’m content with that, as there are several thousand players on my same level that will not be doing so.
    I was in a similar conversation with certain players that feel that KaW should be a charity. I hope this knocks some sense into everyone that goes on about KaW being dead or KaW needing money for certain functions!

I agree that there are a lot of things in KaW that can be improved, but let us be the change. Instead of whining all day and contributing absolutely nothing to fixing the situation!

2. Many silent supporters of KaW simply don't go to forums with so much content being too silly. They may lurk but shy away from the crowd of complainers n play as they will.

3. The dissenters in forum do not in any way reflect accurately the feelings of the 90k active accounts on this app.

4. Perhaps, but lately all I see are players mindlessly trashing KaW without any solid reason, except the trite "KaW is dying" or "OMG KaW should be free".

Felt like I should put this out there to help players understand that KaW is a business!

5. I hate when people make sense gawshhh.

6. I agree they need money.

I also think if they listened to us more they'd make more because everyone would be happier.

For example if wars were improved more people would buy xtals.

I for one think that more detailed clan ranks are the priority and generally clans more complex, if this happened I would dedicate so much more time to clans, I would buy seals and horns for them. It would instil a sense of loyalty back and if you are loyal to your clan what do you do? You are active and you like your friends so you repay them, how? By buying seals and horns to thank them for being with you.

However at the moment its simple 3 tier clan, owner, admin, member. How can this work for a truly hierarchical working clan? It can't truly, yes some clans 'work' but they could be so much better.

Back to my point of loyalty, yes, devs need money and they do! However a minority of people go to HTE clans and buy seals and xtals, even if the minority provides a big income it could be made so much better by making people loyal to clans through actual clan ranks and rewards. 10 HTE clans with 80 members in each who just want to grow as fast as possible are never going to provide as much money for devs in the long term over a fee hundred normal clans, full to the brim, loyal and helping each other grow, fight and have fun.

Once you achieve a true clan family, people will start to spend more for each other

Thats my opinion.
    ~Delta

P.S.
    Sorry I went on for longer than I thought :lol:

7. In the majority of the clans I've been in HTE is rarely ran and most acc's think there's too much emphasis on HTE KAW did fine pre HTE but since being introduced I've seen a lot quit over it,especially that the only way to reach top tier awards in the promos is through HTE.
    You play a game for enjoyment n to get away from rl but KAW has now gone the route of what most ppl are fed up with,only money wins.

8. Anaconda, pre HTE was a phase. KaW is growing. It was logical to release more buildings and more lands with time!
    Now HTE was a way for the devs to inject the gold needed into getting the new lands and tiers, whilst making money from it the same time!
    30 dollars a month let's me do b2b HTE for a month, which is not much. Considering my coffee costs 5$.

Most family clans that don't do b2b HTE and choose to do the Scragg epic battles,hold a few HTE's weekly for their loyal members!
    So even if you don't want to spend a dime on the game, you can still hit HTE if you're part of a good family clan!

9. @Knight
    Exactly knight a occasional HTE for loyalty or br is fine,but now HTE has become the Centre of KAW's existence and this is what most are fed up with.

10. Tunnel vision on HtE skews matters. KaW is what u make it not what the others do. Find ur own level n playing preference. Dwelling on what other clans/ppl do helps nada. There is something for everyone if u allow it.

11. True, I agree with Delta about the loyalty part.

There's always aspects about KaW that can be improved, but I'm hopeful that'll we'll get there.

I've seen the devs implement ideas and fixes from the forums before!

12. EE War still needs a renaissance to round out KaW in a more equitable way. If the Devs r truly workin on it then all these events will make more sense. Til then acquiring event rewards is not fully satisfying. The overall malaise of Clan Wars needs an injection of serious attention. Loyalty will follow.

13. Grats on 100 posts!

Yes hopefully they will implement it, but I think for now they should not care about the short term money and just dedicate a team to going through forums/WC/Mods/VKs and asking for ideas and improvements and work on implementing at least some of them. Holding off on the events for the short term won't make anyone angry, people will still pay for HTE and then after they implement ideas people should start paying more because of enjoyment/friendship/loyalty.

Basically they should look at long term rather than short term money, or at least dedicate a small part of their team to looking at this.

14. Was meant to edit and clicked quote sorry :lol:

15. 5$ whoa
    Is it a 50 oz'er? Lol
    I personally would like to see more free things given to new players, player base expansion is key to prolonging kaw profit, as opposed to milking the current lb for events, but thats just my opinion.
    I think devs should reclaim some of those non-resetable inactive accounts and recycle them, groom them a bit then offer to new players for a discount. Sure thats a left field idea but hey, we need to be the change. Being pessimistic and whiny accomplishes nothing.

16. I have no issue with these cash events. If you want to pay to help advance, go for it. You dont have to pay to enjoy the game and its great community. I dont see what all the fuss is about or why so many players trash the devs. These new events give out way more gold than you can make normally even if you dont spend.

17. Yes n its always conveniently omitted

18. It's a lot of coffee. :lol:
    I concur about the need to grow our player base, in an hour I see over 30 updates about new players joining KaW! I like that the devs give them a starter bonus, but more work is needed here to increase chances of them staying.
    ShadyMarine's idea of NPC's that can be hired and are present in different ranges, would help as a gold sink and slow down the gold inflation! The reason a BC ally is 15t now, is because there aren't enough of them! Think of how the ally market would benefit and stabilise.
    Now this is something I'd like to see.

I really do hope that the support staff that we see on the forums or who answer our mails, would work on this, but as I am led to believe they are in charge of PR only and the devs who actually work on coding the new changes are in another tier and may not be in direct contact with the forums/players.
    Either way, it would be amazing if a VK/Mod could make a list of sustainable changes that would benefit KaW and present it to them!

19. Honestly, from what I see it's just players hoping on a bandwagon. Most of them don't even know why there are complaining about it in the first place.

Its easier to whine and cry, than try to fix or help the situation. ;)

20. Another important factor that is often overlooked is that KaW is not a product - it is a service.

In the past, software was a completely contained package that came on a disk of some sort. There were no bug fixes or updates. What you got is exactly what you paid for.

This model had the benefit of MUCH better quality upon release (because if your product had bugs, nobody would buy it). A company could simply release their product then sit back and collect cash because there were no bugs to fix.

However, today people expect "connected" features. This includes things like in-game chat and content expansions. These kinds of changes require active server time and continuous development, which are expensive.

I may not tap the EBs or do PVP any more, but I still contribute by buying nob because I value this service.

When you add features that require constant maintenance and updates, it is no longer a product - it becomes a service.

And that's exactly what KaW is - it's a service.