NFL SCORE PICKING CONTEST: kudos to Alex is awesome

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Also, Moose is Canadian. And many people outside of USA watch it

2. Give me credit I have tried many time to watch your sport and I end up getting headaches for not understanding it after 6 years of trying. I'm just saying make it fun for EVERYONE not just this one side of the planet.

3. It's all about tight ends and wide receivers

4. Hello! I'm sorry you feel so negatively about my football score picking contest. Since I have a few min here, I'll take a moment to address a few of your concerns as well as a few concerns I've heard from a select few over the years.

Mooses contest is racist!
    First off, my game is in no way racist. Football players and fans of American football are not a race. They are better described as a "group of people with a common interest".

Moose needs to run a game with international appeal
    As for selecting a game that has international appeal, I suppose I technically could try and do that. If I were to select the most international game possible, it would probably be soccer. Soccer has a problem with this type of contest however. In soccer, the score goes up in increments of "1" and most games are low scoring, so we would have dozens of winners every week, which I think is very boring indeed.

In American football, scores can go up by increments of 2 (safety), 3 (field goal), 6 (touchdown) and 1 (PAT)
    As you can see, the combinations of numbers make for a score that is much more difficult to predict, thus making the game more interesting.

The NFL is American, so that gives Americans an edge (I don't understand the NFL)
    Next week forum will be playing for $40USD in ATA product. It costs nothing at all to play, and Google is the great equalizer. If you spend roughly 5 min or less googling the game that has been selected, you'll have a good a shot at this as anyone. If 5 min of lazy googling nets you $40, that's equal to a job that pays $480 an hour. In my opinion, the small amount of effort to play is certainly worth the time.

For those who have an allergy to doing research, it's alright. I have done the heavy lifting for you. Not only do I offer my (frequently dubious) analysis of each game, I also consult with odds shark, which is comprised of math geeks and bookies (professional odds makers) and I share their wisdom freely with everyone. There really is no reason why anyone should be ill informed when playing my game.

I don't like the NFL. Please pick (insert sport here)
    Aside from the afore mentioned reasons for selecting the NFL for this contest, the other problem is that no selection will make everyone in forum universally happy, so I have opted to go with what makes ME happy, and I'm choosing what makes ME happy because if I enjoy the contest I am running, odds are most of you will enjoy it too.

I hope you found this post to he helpful ;-)

5. Mule another unrelated kaw thread and u lock mine. Take ur vk award out that's next to ur head below ur waist and smell some lysol. Was taking shots at omets and it's election time u bum.

6. Detroit lions 28 seattle 20

Seattle is slow to the ball, and pete carrol passes to lose the superbowl

7. I'm going with a 21-17 score line with the Hawks winning. I'm just inclined to believe it may be a little closer than it should be with the Seahawks slow start this year.

8. Seattle 31 lions 21 Seattle will hit their stride w Lynch running and Wilson throwing s couple td. Their defense to much for lions.

9. We aren't playing for xtals in this thread, and since Alex has made the game selection for forum, I will know lock this to prevent any further confusion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.