LINKS IN THREADS

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Sa_lIPuRE-StoRMIl_aW, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Hello everyone, fast question here.

I know that it is possible to add a link to another thread, but how exactly is it possible to do that?

Please help! Thanks :mrgreen: :)

This has been answered and works! Thanks to Sweet_Pineapple and -Narwhal :)

If this could please be locked , as it has been answered

2. You need to be on a computer.

3. Oh its only on PC? I'm on android, is it possible to access my account on PC?

4. Actually, not it's not. I just forgot about tinyurl for a moment.

Since the URL for threads contains an ampersand, you have to first hold the thread that you want to link to down, then copy it, and insert into tiny URL, then copy that tiny URL and put it into this code:

Code:
    [url=TinyURLhere]Text you want the link to be[/url]
    Note: If you're on PC this isn't required.

5. Ok thanks! Looks like it works!

One more question, I would have to go on the internet to get the URL right? There's no way I can get it from these forums?

6. Um. You can do this on iPhone/iPad/Android too.

Go to your browser -> Google/Bing search: kingdoms at war forum index -> find the thread you want to link to -> copy the link of the thread in your mobile browser

Come back to the kaw app -> come back to forums -> insert the link -> post

You're good to go.

7. In the kaw app, there's no way you would be able to find the link of a thread.

You gotta do it on an Internet browser.

8. There's an ampersand in the URL, it'll just cut off if you do it on mobile (at least on my phone).

Yes, you can do it in the KaW app, just hold down the thread, or if you want a specific page of the thread, you hold down the number.
    Just hold down the title of the thread to get that screen.

Allow me to show you, it'll cut off after the 3:

viewtopic.php?f=3

9. Ok I see how to do it now, thanks sweet_pineapple and narwhal! I tried it and seems like it works from the internet browser :)

10. You use can bitly to shorten links aswell

11. Bitly?

12. Bit.ly is a link shortener often used by Facebook and Twitter entrepreneurs to place links in appealing statuses/tweets.

13. That doesnt work on either of my androids

14. Oh ok. But its still the same really if copy and paste, since its the whole link