A Firearm Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zethor, Sep 18, 2015.

1. One of my top five Bolt Action rifles is my Mosin-Nagant. The thing is pretty accurate, and holds five shots.

I think I have a picture somebody took of me shooting it somewhere...

2.  FPS Russia.

Yeah, there's little doubt that they can take a good bit of wear and tear.

3. I prefer a Kar myself, but I'm a German so there might be some bias there :D

4. Understandable. Kar's are well made.

5. I love my rifle for what I do with it it.

Rem 700 AAC-SD .308. Replace the crappy hogue stock put a Bell and Carlson Tactical stock. Precision Armament M11 muzzle brake. Tactical bolt knob. Topped with a Vortex Viper PST 6x24 power scope.

Hand load my own ammo

6. I carry a Kimber ultra carry 1911 and my favorite is currently the SCAR-17H or the HCAR. As far as bolt actions I'm trying to get a L115A3

7. Nice post .... I would like to get into a lot larger discussion on more guns ... But I think I would start something insane lol

I will say a couple of things tho just from my personal experience

1 I carry a s and w m and p .45 it shoots fantastic and is the pistol I'm most accurate with bar none

2 I own a de .44 mag with a .50 ae barrel it's a freaking cannon and always turns heads

3 this is a long one lol.... Ok first I will say I am very anal about cleaning all my guns after every usage except one.... And here is the story

I bought my first pistol when I turned 21 ... A model 21 9 mm glock (I also own a xd-s in 9mm but I prefer to carry the sw .45 ) after a break end weekend of 500 rounds over 2 days I cleaned the weapon ... Me and the range master at my private clubs range got to talking about glocks reliability so we made a bet (terms not important)

I have not clean this glock since that first weekend internally at all!! (Wipe down the outside only when putting it away)

It has been 16.5 years and about 50 rounds every 2 weeks (except when I was fighting cancer for about 8 months) so around 18,500 rounds have gone through my glock ..

Not 1 miss fire ever!!!! And only 2 miss feed issues due to faulty mag springs (used to keep gun loaded in bed side safe ... Very bad mag treatment)

Anyway just wanted to add a little something to ur thread

Thanks

8. I lump Kimber's in the same boat as Colts, although they are more compact.

Never got to shoot a SCAR, although I've had dreams of it 

9. I'm not a fan of the .38 special.

10. I own a glock 23 and has been a perfect gun.

I alsoown a sig p938 and it is a good gun but I should have bought another glock.

Next gun I buy is a Henry 45 lc lever action

11. my mosin lol still have the original furnishings in my closet

12. Anyone else firing the no. 8 target rifle? No? Just me? I knew it lol. It's a bulky rifle from WW1 that's more of an endurance game than a shooting game...

13. *sigh*

But no Kimbers 

14. Where is the scope? lol

15. I prefer the irons as the scope I have is some offbrand garbage lol

16. Is there no pleasing you? lol

I might expand on the current handgun list to top ten. If so, Kimber will definitely be there. They are nice guns, my favorite being the Kimber Super Carry Ultra.

17. Scopes are for tryhards. Real men use irons.

18. :lol: Not true. I've used some grade a scopes in my time. On some guns I do agree though, Irons are better.

19. Is that a rifle or a slingshot? :lol:

20. A catapult