A Firearm Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zethor, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Guns are beautiful

2. Just leaving a comment for future reading :)

3. Come on Zeth. The Deagle fires a .50 AE, not a .50 caliber. You ought to know that.

4. 50AE is a 50 caliber bullet

5. Lmao noodle the bait

6. @NANOC,

I also own an XD-40. I can usually hit a 10" target at 50 yards with iron sights. I feel like that's more accuracy than you'd need for a handgun.

Is there a quantifiable difference in accuracy between the Springfield and the Glock?

Also, it's been a while since I checked, but the field tests for reliability that the XD must go through (buried in 6" of sand, thrown off a 2-story building, frozen for a few hours, etc.) give it an edge where the Glock would typically fail.

In life and death, reliability of getting a shot off is more valuable than accuracy, especially when most deadly firearm encounters occur at less than 15 yards, where accuracy isn't as important.

7. Shhh you can't let them know! :lol: Imagine a 50 BMG Deagle

8. :roll:

9. Oh you love me. Almost as much as yourself. I'm your's and Rikki's current Padawan.

10. I will cut your head off in an instant. Don't test me. 

11. I'm learning

12. Anybody got g12 rip rounds?

13. Nope. RIP rounds look like they would mess a person up though.

I will mention SLAP rounds when I put up the Rifle portion. Those things are straight overkill.

14. My friend has some RIPs for his mossberg

15. Probably the number one gun on my list is a KSG Tactical. Couple RIP's in that thing would be stellar.

16. I want to get a KSG, but I've heard they're pretty cheaply made, even though they look badass

17. True.

18. I want a gilboa snake it's basically a double barreled ar15 that feeds two mags. Really Fricking sweet

19. I thought next best might be a UTS-15, because I like the double tube. Manually interchangeable makes it so you can use slugs and buckshot and switch off at will, which is pretty awesome