FOOTBALL

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SAWFT, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Didn't say it would be decades centuries years months days 1 hour 2 hour I said a date and it is the right date.

3. Isn't that that game where they gotta pad up so they won't get hurt .... You know some strapping , then cotton wool , then bubble wrap ,then pads...then pads for the pads.. Then pads for the pads for the pads and so on and so on

4. That's American football, or handball

5. Also football can be traced back over 2000 years.

6. Football wasn't invented in 1581, it has been around for a couple millennium

7. By far the dumbest arguement Ive seen on the internet. Lol.

8. Then you haven't been on long enough

9. 16th century anything before that isn't football as it was who could keep the ball longer using hands feet whatever 1863 the football you see now is created.

10. I'm sure it is where you been under a rock?

11. With that logic it explains why youre arguing about something so stupid.

12. 1. There is no argument
    2. If there was a argument this wouldn't be the dumbest thing to argue about.
    3. If you really think it is you must be living under a rock.
    4. Your comeback made no sense
    5. Your statless

Bye

13. The greatest debate of all mankind ....

David lee Roth or Sammy Hagar

Discuss. .

14. Soccer vs Football = Football wins.

15. David Lee Roth , and football is soccer.
    It's what the game is called globally.

16. Actually it's not a global term, the global term is football. Soccer is a british created term to differentiate between the two types of football we had at one point, rugby and football. It's now not used in the UK.

It's most commonly used in countries that have other types of 'football', however globally the name is football.

American football is American football. You guys are the only ones that play it you know lol

17. Ahh...say what Rio...maybe you need to read my posts just a little more , I thought I said soccer is called football globally , and at what point did I indicate I was American?...I will make an assumption that reading and writing English isn't a strong point for you...lol

18. Historic artifacts and enduring traditions make it clear that football has been played in Egypt, Ancient China, and Rome. The game’s basic principles survived through the years and went on to be played during the medieval times.

Soccer’s Origin in Ancient Egypt

Balls made of linen have been discovered in Egyptian tombs that date way back to 2,500 BC. Some of these balls were made from animal intestines or skin to improve their bouncing.

Based on drawings, scholars theorize that Egyptians played a football-like game during feasts of fertility.

They wrapped their balls in bright-colored cloth and kicked them around the ground to celebrate the abundance of the earth.

19. This is the dumbest argument. It's an argument about whether an argument is an argument or not.

20. I didn't misread it, it's quite ambiguous.

To change your statement so it can't be misunderstood:

'Soccer is called football, it's called that globally'