S5 concluded... Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Amun-Ra, Sep 7, 2015.

1. The long anticipated season 5 of the Estoc Trials have now come to a close. I'm quite sure there's much to be said whether positive or constructive criticism.

Let's lay it all out here as a starting point for change for the later date of S6.

~ TG

2. 2nd best season after s1 not a lot to complain about

3. 4 week season vs an 8 week season.
    My intensity only lasted 2 weeks this time around instead of start to finish. If no EE improvements coming apparently its a long n boring wait ahead til next season.
    Worst season yet with inactives n scrambling too often for leaders.
    A very Poor season format tbh

Dread the onslaught of promos coming.

4. S5 is the best season I've participated in. ;)
    Thanks Devs for making it so memorable.

5. Single worst omission...

Asia/Aussie ppl given no consideration whatsoever to compete equally.

Only the selfish will call S5 a success.

6. not that i dont agree with u but how many times have the devs said they wont add it because of low participation in the trials they did have , i do agree they should have flexible war times though everyone deserves a chance

7. Well ppl that claim IWar is fair don't champion the same for them bud.
    Nothing fair about inequality n the Devs showing up twice a year in forums about S5.

I did 1/2 the wars n could've done them all n slept normal hrs. 80 medals x 2 would be 160 n not top 10. The math simply did not work n for the aforementioned it was hopeless.

8. yep point taken im neither asian/nor aussie but i would like to see more of them in the wars to add more diversity to the same old people you see each time you match but as usual the devs wont listen and most of the people like u said dont champion for them because they are fine the way it is , a schedule that involved more wars for the day or off and on days that kept these tzs in mine when the wars are being made would help but i bet the devs will say if they do respond it will strain our resources

9. I don't partake in EE. I did in the beginning where any clan just joined in for the fun of it. Then it became another part of the game that became taken seriously, so I backed away lol.

Anyhow I do keep up on the kawmmunity critiques about EE seasons. Night, you and a few others (who are consistently trying to create new ideas and make it enjoyable for all) should create a kawmmunity run survey via Google Docs/Drive. Present this to the devs and encourage those you've warred to complete this.

Threads like these can be very difficult to follow with varieties of explanations towards a particular criticism of the season.

If you guys work together and figure out where the kawmmunity stands this way it will be so much easier for you all to, hopefully, finally get your points across.

10. You have more medals than me here's one for you clan wars are for the selfish you tit.

11. I got 17 medals cause tz sucked and was absolutely no way for me to get 100 medals

12. I enjoyed it overall, obviously a lot of ups and down but the good outweighed the bad by a big margin. Was a good move by ATA to have it as Individual war as a way to include as much of the KAWmunity as possible.

13. S5 for me was like being on a full bus and needing to pass gas, so you hold it until you get off the bus then let rip, but realize it's not just gas..

14. Spot on. I'm on during the TZ's not included, ie- SG and OZ Land. Poor devs decision, as I know many who are active and would EE war. It's just normal 9-5 PST hyped devs who think they are superior TZ of the world

15. My highlights and thoughts of s5.

There were the lows:
    inactives (although i won many wars with 2+ inactives. credit goes to wc and warriors there)
    moles (seemed to be less toward the end of the season, in my tier anyway)
    Double, triple, quad+ alts casting
    constant cc nonsense during war. what's the point of silencing someone for war cc spam if you can still spam cc during war after being silenced?
    no sense of teamwork (selfish players going for TC, highest plunder, etc)
    players thinking highest plunder is the ultimate sign of a great warrior
    mooching (no help on ss, no understanding of how to help even if you're not wc or trk)
    a complete lack of understanding of war formats (I WAS FORCED!) and build mechs
    ps stripping (i hesitated to add this one, but it caused massive swings in many, otherwise close wars)
    the super shattered sword was not applied enough
    terrible war times for many TZ (again!)
    Devs utter lack of concern for in-season issues and feedback
    war rewards were horrible compared to the amount of effort
    i think i could keep going here for a week, but it's better to stop now

and there were the pros:
    new ppl willing to learn how to war
    new ppl interested in warring
    new wc and trackers stepped up and learned how
    met a ton of new awesome kaw warriors that were actually not alts
    reuninted with old kaw friends
    consistent war format that guaranteed a match
    eb builds can be useful in war with the right wc and willingness to learn

But, to be perfectly honest and this is ridiculous, but i learned more about warring during this season than any other one.
    most of my wars in s1-s4, i sat back and thought just being a funny, awesome and lightning-fast warrior would be sufficient.
    I realized, even more than i already knew, what goes into winning a war. Congratulations to all the ppl that sat back and enjoyed the free ride. it's alot of work wrangling ppl that dont know how to war, dont care or are just there to annoy and disrupt.
    Special thanks are in order for the war commanders and trackers that consistently dealt with all the chaos that s5 produced.
    Toe out

16. No idea what ur on about..
    Idc about the medals. U go polish yours.
    Many goods n bads about S5 n i prefer to single out a glaring oversight. Me Wanting war slots for others while i sleep is not selfish.

Now go to sleep Jr.

17. S5 all had its own ups and downs! Warred 29 wars with a 15W/14L ratio. Finished with 44 medals.

PRO:

1) Newcomers tasting / experiencing ee wars.
    2) New connections (enemies )
    3) Very exciting wars! Different strategies and tough players come into play.
    4) Being more cautious about builds.

CON:

1) Inactives
    2) WAR times not suitable for some.

For me, these were the outcome of S5.

I want to congratulate all who participated! The top 10/100 and the ones who reached their goal. We all had great and forgetable wars this season but please do not deter you from doing EE again. This break from season would be a wonderful time to seek out build advices, tips and tricks from ee vets out there so when the next season comes, let us see how tough you become. In build, tactics and in mind.

18. Season 1&2 were the best. Had an amazing team and great clannies to back me up, as I had backed them up. S1&2 had gotten me addicted to this game. With all the allowed exploits (open PS, inactives with minimal actions) I have to say team work and skill has seemed to be thrown out the door.
    I keep hoping that eventually it will get fixed..... S5 was just as disapointing as s3&4 if not progressively worse.

19. Personally I feel that ata should give some sort of participation reward since indi is essentially a coin toss. Most of the time people don't xtal; I lose. The other times the roster is stacked heavily(most of the time against me). I see people who war way less get more medals thanme. Sure, my build may suck. Sure, I don't WC. But meanwhile people with similar if not worse builds get more wins (and less wars)than me. So s5 is decided by a coin flip? Shouldn't have participated in the first place. Sure I'm whining but its a month of effort rewarded by almost nothing.

20. Yep, ATA conspired against you. Didnt you see the post about it.

Bud, nobody forced you to war, just like nobody forced you to xtal and 'throw money down their throat'
    You win some, you lose some. Life isnt about free hand outs.

Titan - Ref your post, S5 was good for newbies to taste the EE but the tz's were shocking. Even if there isnt many people participating in the aus/asia tz it doesnt mean they can be thrown under the bus.

Inactives
    Moles
    PS stripping
    Meh its war, it happens