s5 thoughts/frustrations

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by iiiiiiiiiiiii, Sep 7, 2015.

1. This thread is simple and from my perspective this season in s5 from within 2 brackets.

My main managed to amass an entire 15 medals this season, I ended up taking down all my sdt just so I could grow and force myself not too war it because it was starting to become ridiculous.

Here is the kicker, my near statless alt, with minimal bfe, doesn't even have 25 high lands, got 150 medals this season.

Never in my kaweer have I seen so many non xstalling, free loading scumbags. I would happily WC and track in the beginning of the season but by the second week I gave up entirely. So I warred my main, and tbh I don't know what was worse the higher bracket or the damn Sh bracket. Literally there was a 50 mcs attack build warring, it's stats were 25/25 100k/200k. And there were countless others, I asked myself what would compel some of these people to even cast woc?

Anyways season 5 was an absolute joke, majority of the lb are small accounts. Tom and Chewy are the only ones I respect because it takes time to make a ssh that big. And idk even how DT ended up there, most lb I know had it rough this season. But the amount of drop build tanks cheesing in brackets is a joke, not to mention eagleswords statless account up there.

Well those are just my ranting thoughts, wish the season could've been better but oh well. Was fun while it lasted and I get a top 100 banner. Hope others had better luck this season

TL;DR version, s5 was a pain in the ass and hope everyone who tried got what they wanted

2. Appreciate the shoutout, but I agree, started late on this account and was able to grab 71 medals, but on my main I amassed a total of 37 medals for Doing 20-25 wars. This season was also a complete waste of time for most hansels in the game as there are very few who made it over 100 medals; however I must say I prefer this format of an all Indi Season to what the original s5 proposal was.

3. I agree, round robin would've been an absolute joke and full of roster stacking.

I just wish matching would've been better for larger builds. I have a 38mcs hansel and didn't bother warring it all this season, after I saw how things went with my main

4. Ya I have a 30-40m cs hansel as well that I use for primals and I saw 0 point to even cast it once this season not even to renew ee. If you look in the top100 the amount of sh/exploits has gotta be over 50% and people like Maverick and Phoenix who both deserve top 10 have to fight til end to have a chance and they both might be shut down after next war.

5. I dunno. Most events are dominated by big accounts, I guess having one event that smallers dominate is okay.

6. Could be a good point  it is an Ee war season though not an EB event, but come to think about it the HTE events give better rewards than season 5 so Ya u r right

7. One of my biggest problems with s5 is that the DEVS did not lower the amount needed for the tier 1 banner, and top100 will end at barely over 100 medals

8. My guess is that there will only be 110 players with a banner, and the 100 medal banner would be even fewer than a top 10 banner lol.

9. Warred 32 times this season... Definitely more than many of the people with more than 15 medals. A grand total of 1 of my 21 losses was the result of a hard-fought war. The rest were due to freeloaders, stacked rosters and inactives. The only reason I didn't war more was because of what frog said: ata shafted Asia yet again with the war timings. Seriously, which person who goes to school or holds a legitimate job can afford to war at 10am or 2pm? The only war I can do consistently was the 11pm war, which sacrificed my sleeping time. Finally, there's the 4am war. Never warred that once. Why would I waste more of my sleep looking at stacked rosters and angry people?

10. War times for me were 10am 3am 9pm 1am, CST. First week of s5 I was on vacation so barely did any wars got maybe 30medals. After that school started up for me. Once school started up War 1 - could never do War 2- Did maybe 30-40% of the time War 3 almost always War 4 - 50-75% of the time. I'm in America and the times r still hard to access. Even tho I'm small so it was substantially easier for me to do well the grind was still very real. Weekends were even less accessible for me, did maybe 2-4 wars max on weekends

11. I was hammering out medals week one but once the event started thing went down hill. Lots of noob builds warring for loaves killed it.
    But the grind was real, did 68 wars this season, lost 32 of them. Triple crowned countless times, was brutal and harder than any clan wars I've done

12. I warred more than once a day it wasn't all the bad but the inactives really suck and the crappy ATK builds suck. I like the HANSELs as long as their is other HANSELs on other team. I WC a lot this season and won most of them. Not many listen to initial targets but do listen to xtals most of the time. My worst problem is the rewards, they kinda suck, I mean let's say you war 40 times and come up with 100 meds that's 80 hours of our lives and 40$ for equipment that's worse than the equipment devs hand out in event, the banner is all that seems to matter.

13. Don't see how the biggest frustration isn't the complete lack of fucks given by devs. Did they even respond once to any post in any of the multiple threads about the season after it was announced? Not sure we got one single word out of them in any thread including their own.

14. I'm hansel. Managed to get 115 medals and secure top 60 lb. really wasn't that hard. Most the wars I won though where on my wc. But there where times that people actually wanted to step up and do it. I had so many noobs this season ask me to help them learn how to wc, and actually stepped up during the season and performed well. If anything good came out of season 5, it would be the noobs are learning and getting better.

15. I'm sure I would have managed more than my 72 medals if it wasn't for : ppl that throw matches or moles , ps that don't think they need to hide allies before they war and the pplthat thinks there xstal is precious to them and wants everyone else to sacrifice there's to get them the rewards . Apart from that I had fun and respect to all wc and trackers some that took control when no others were willing

16. 80 medals n 57 wars for a 27/30 record.
    Averaged 2/4 wars daily.

Luv to war but this season was less interesting than all the others n a mixed opinion on my part if I'll commit the time again.
    Week 1 I stepped up 4x won 1 lost 3 when no WC. Too many wars scrambling for WC/Tr n lost all interest in doing that again. Lethargy won out.
    Lost the odd war due to inactives but no overall difference on my final standing.
    Too bad Asia/Aussie ppl had less opportunity.

Summary: will stop warring at 50 medals next time. Uninspired after many months leading up n will float during future events. Lack of motivation n a waning interest is setting in. Not looking forward to another very long break til the next war event.

17. Considering how warring as Indi was meant to be "fair" for all. I noticed very few eb builds in top 3 brackets:
    Seems they were discouraged by how hard it was with their builds and then being put down and abused by those "tanks and ps".

All in all. Not fun for me, I'm at a weird size so I was not too useful when small on a roster.

18. He is right,
    some saying sh cannot be in top? All bigs should be? Its like rich vs poor? Rich should be on top?So many sh haters, maybe we are just a dedicated warriors, i know a lot of sh doin straight wars, a very dedicated warriors, no sleeping at all, what we got now is the results of of our hardwork - dont judge ;)

19. Does doing more wars guarantee more medals? Not really. It just makes you flip more coins.

20. Those who war the most ought to reasonably expect the better results. Its not as much the build but the effort n time that dictates rewards achievement. That said poor builds ought not expect as much success n expect some heat from others. IWar does have many good points that clan wars do not n vice versa too.

There is still work to be done to improve warring all around for as many ppl as possible.