TOPIC FOR THE UNITED STATES ARMY VETERANS/ACTIVE DUTY

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NS_King_of_the_Warriors_NS, Sep 2, 2015.

1. What was the worst U.S Army Base you were stationed at including training and why. Stateside bases only.

For an example of training is Fort Irwin CA(NTC)

I'll go first I'd have to say Fort Drum NY I spent almost 6 years there. I should be used to the cold being originally from Michigan but I don't remember where I was at in Michigan it getting down to negative 60 degrees. My only permanent duty station was Fort Drum but I did do NTC at Fort Irwin CA, JRTC at Fort Polk Louisiana, and I did some training I forgot the name of the training at Fort Campbell KY. It was a month training in all 3 places.

2. Being stationed in the hoarfrost is the worst. The food sucks and ATA never gave me the leather embroidered jacket i was promised, so froze an antler off

3. I just kill all my Hoarfrost troops until they're all dead. Then it makes them stronger :D

4. you kill them until they are dead??

5. Killing them until they are dead is more efficient than trying to kill them until they are alive again.

6. Holloman afb, NM was my least favorite. Middle of no where. Hot summers, 2 hr drive to do anything. We had 2 illegal immigrants from Mexico die on our base because they got lost 100 feet from the road. Was in the white sands part of the base. We didn't have ac we had these units called swamp coolers. Which is were they pump water over a filter and have a fan blow accross it. They suck always get plugged up from desert sand storms. Nothing on the base to do but drink (probably why we had one of the highest dui rates in all the military)

7. I wonder how many of the 'army vets' here have actually served.

8. Lol

9. Yep people died. So lol.

10. Fort Erwin for three days for training was really bad.

Clovis, Nm was worst place stationed here.

Overseas I loved my deployments, but some place in Afghanistan had nothing on the FOB and I stayed alone in a tent with ridiculous air conditioning and only had a single towel for a blanket.

11. Fort Irwin does suck they call it Death Valley for a reason lol

12. When I was in Afghanistan I was mainly at jbad. I was also at fob abad, camp blessing and korengal valley

13. Ft. Irwin was definitely the worst U.S. base. Dropped in desert far removed from any civilization. The base is actually huge (if you take training sites into account) with little entertainment filling it. The nearest city is Barstow. A city where watching paint dry is ah swinging good time.

14. I moved around from Bagram to Kandahar. On SOF compounds either way so those were always fun

15. Thread should be called 100000% legit war vets.

16. The same guy who (erroneously) tells us to use opsec now spews forth all his assignments as well as his home state.

17. Well he needed at least a day to google his legit information of course.

18. Bagram was nice

19. I don't live in Michigan anymore as you can tell by reading and assignments was 9 years ago thank you for generously commenting. Plus I didn't post any operations plus anyone can look up army bases just so you know.

20. I could post up army bases from google and claim to be a vet but that is below me. Obviously not for you imo.