Post S5 war Pros/Con

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Nighthawk_FPBO_1, Sep 1, 2015.

1. The purpose of this thread is list BOTH the good n bad of S5.

As time goes on i will try n analyze all input n devise an EE Tourney/format that generally incorporates all the good from IWar n the needed tweaks to improve it.

If possible it will allow both Indi n war clans to co-habitate n war at the same time.

All efforts possible will be made to minimize EXPLOITS/STACKING n poor match ups. Do not expect perfection but reform can do much to stem the obvious issues in all the formats.

Look forward to good input n go from there.

Tyvm in advance n GL

2. Reserved for data compilation n a future EE format from all the good input etc.

3. Basic EE building blocks:

- 25 vs 25 or 20 vs 20
    - Inactives lose ALL EE
    - Inactives can be booted after 10mins by a VOTE of unanimous 4/4 from admins.
    - Rewards TBD possibly Rancor style
    - EE war profile added to everyone
    - War Vault n gold automatically returned after war. A fee of 5-10% would suffice.
    - WC a unneeded nuisance n can be muted

4. THIS would be a game changer. Definitely change the tempo of any war.

5. Not a witch hunt but it is a real problem n 1 inactive often determines a war.

6. This is honestly true, last minute plunder on an inactive can make the difference

7. I would love to see random regen %. So like one person might regen 5% another might regen 16%, and it changes each on each regen or stays the same.

Something I would like to see really change is the requirement at least of 1atk and 1spy building for every build going to ee war.

Also if that cannot happen, change the warring into a point system instead of plunder system.
    Point system:

-Failed actions of any kind get 0 points
    -scouts get 0 points (this is so people don't just sb to win with the most points)
    -assassinations get 1 point
    -steals get 2 points
    -attacks get 2 points
    -KO's of any kind get 4 points
    -SKO's lose 2 points
    -Getting KO'd loses 5 points

This seems to be a great idea to try, and it is not the first time this has been suggested.

8. For starters i see random as a nonstarter.

Min 1 att n 1 spy could be interesting IMO

As for a point system u have not accounted for inc fails. War is not all about offense. Assassins were nerfed ages ago to avoid turtle warring.

9. Maybe if somebody gets kicked they get a shattered sword type spell, to symbolize their shame?

Or maybe a terrible chat color. Maybe for 6 hours after you get vote kicked, you get to have a brown color.

10. If say a draft is instituted n kicked ppl r coloured and or a Shattered Sword history on their profile a WC can avoid them. Nothing says all who enter r guaranteed to war.

11. I never cared for the 20 vs 20,,25 vs 25 or the infamous 26-30 vs 26-30 roster sizes. The smaller the roster size the more fair potential matchups could b.

Inactives and moles will always ruin wars, I agree a stricter punishment should b enforced. I like the kicking idea after 10min. but tbh the damage is already done. Having 1 less warrior hurts regardless, the clan with the inactive most wars (most) won't b able to overcome that predicament as is. Yes a ps leaking on purpose is detrimental.

I don't believe the devs will do anything to "fix" most (if any) of our gripes/concerns. I would really like to c the warring community sort this out. How? During the last month of primals (before S5 started) a few wc's (Sly,,Dev,,Spil) agreed to make "fair" rosters based on cs to match each other. This sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, but when it worked the matches were great. If primals and clan wars r still around after this season, I would love more leaders to come together and work something out.To those who say "I can't get into a proper war clan" fix your build accordingly or stick to iwars. Most (if not everyone) of us in a EE war clan had to work on our builds,,go through "interviews",,show our dedication (activity in wars) if u think u r entitled to b in a war clan right off the get go...stick to iwars.

12. Refrain from the devs will or will not n stick to pros/cons only. This thread is not about complaints towards others opinions either. Thx

13. Why not kick the inactive if they fail to show up for roll call?

14. RC is not officially war n premature IMO
    Also if ppl r silenced but war r then booted unfairly.

15. Was there anything pros about S5? I doubt.

16. Add to the thread or leave.
    Contributions is the aim not vague comments. FYI in ur case u can war with no towers in S5. My proposal later will not make it convenient for a build such as yours.

17. Why shouldn't we just have a third party app where everyone taps a button and if they do, then they're active

18. Silenced ppl simply pm WC is what generally happens. No 3rd party app is needed.

19. So don't speak your mind or the truth? As a regular contributer to ideas and opinions about wars u seem to forget the hundreds of pages ASKED FOR BY THE DEVS about ways to improve wars that were disregared and went unanswered. If I can't speak freely on this thread (or any other) then why have any? I simply stated a fact, if I am wrong pls set me straight.

Am I not contributing to this thread and others? Seeing threads like these gets me going because this is not the first,,fifth,,twentieth,,or hundredth thread concerning the state of wars. So again I apologize for my ill thought (but personal) opinion on what the devs will or won't do.

Concerning the future of wars, I guess my attitude is extreme pessimist based on history and history tends to repeat itself, no?

20. I think you need a penalty for "low actions".
    At the end of war , we can see what the "average" amount of actions are.
    On many occasions, you will see someone that has only 2-3 actions. These people need to be penalized as well.
    Maybe Devs can use standard deviation.