Season 5 - Ally Hires

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Queen, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Again all euphemisms, "we raised the bar"? How is finding an easier way for your clan to win "raising the bar". You are hiding behind meaningless tripe which is better fit for the t-shirts for a high school track high jump team. You looked for an easier (or perhaps you might say more effective) way to win. You call it putting in work, others call it exploiting the system.

Short answer, it was all within the established rules (mechanics) of the game, so it was allowed. But again, it doesn't make one way more superior/honorable/awesomtastic (TM Kage, use only with permission) than the other.

2. We were not unplunderable, we were not unbeatable, and we warred with all we had. So seriously Kage have some dignity.

3. I have been on the team who had a PS stripped twice in the last two days. It definitely made the war for my side much more difficult, but it was not "dishonorable" "dastardly" "nefarious" or a "reflection on how people show their true lack of real world character" (or other such judgmental idiocy). It was a tactic.

In one case we overcame the PS strip, in one we did not.

4. Support . Had 1 inactive ps on my team and the other team also and luckily our warriors didn't strip either side so the war could be fair . Would like to see those issues go away and us warriors not have to worry about a ps being opened

5. "have some dignity" Syl, really? That is the judgmental, holier-than-thou type of BS that undermine any serious (but as yet undisclosed) argument you might make. Don't resort to name calling Syl. This seems childish in the extreme. You are better than that.

It is true you were not unbeatable or unplunderable, but you clearly LOOKED FOR AN ADVANTAGE to win. You watched opponents rosters like a hawk to see who they were casting to LOOK FOR AN ADVANTAGE. You didn't cast in many cases because you saw the war was NOT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. In short, you played the system within the mechanics of the game. There is nothing wrong with that.

But to cast aspersions on other people, or their character, because they play within the mechanics of the game (albeit not to your liking) is just silly.

As yet, you have given no reason for WHY stripping a PS is "dishonorable" "immoral" or "wrong". In other words, it seems like you don't like it, so it should be done away with.

6. Yes.. And I'd also like to petition you devs on the unfairness of towers/allies and defense pots.. I should be able to hit anyone I want whenever I want...

7. Lilmiss I was in the war last night that probably started this thread. Looking at the matchup we had no chance of winning. The PS who was stripped not only didn't hide his allies before rosters were made but didn't even hide them till about 20 mins before war started. Then to make matters worse he stayed open for about the first 5 minutes of war where half our clan ran 2 fb into him. I don't know if you ever warred as a PS, but I sko on DT within 20 secs. So only 3 reasons for this he either doesn't know what he is doing, doesn't care or was helping someone on our team out whuch I hope wasn't the case. Simple solution keep your allies hidden at all times because I know people are looking at PS allies, drop your allies, or don't war. Changing game mechanics is not the answer. You want another solution, the 24 other guys on that roster should farm him till he learns to hide his allies.

8. As you may know this is a war game. Goal is to make others lose. Don't be a noob and say stripping is bad . Devs obviously know, they won't take it off because this game wouldn't actually be anything. Wars you are meant to lose gold gain gold . Ally hire is there for a reason so stop being a noob.

Just hide your allies. All builds have advantages and disadvantages it's your decision if you are willing to go war with those risks.

9. Estoc War...?Aggressive Act Of War? Is EE not war? Or is it? Thats the real question.

10. Its all indi because more people do indi not hard to work out.

11. Why should a spy buld drop their allies every single time they war? Why should a spy build lose gold every day and therefore lose chances to grow if they want to do EE wars? Would you like to tell Chaos or others with a considerable amount of BFA to drop their allies? Why doesn't every build drop their allies if dropping allies isn't that big of a deal? Your other solution is for a spy build not to war. Why should they be punished and not allowed to war because of their build? Isn't one of the points of individual wars is to give everyone a chance to war who would be shunned in clan wars? Another solution is to hide their allies 24 hours a day every single day? Because we don't have real lives outside of kaw and always think to log on and cast mith all of the time.....

What happened to respecting each other in system wars? What happened to not stripping each other for cheap wins? As I said in previous posts, cheap wins weren't common before the devs offered us shiny prizes in EE wars. I guess if a shiny prize is involved all respect towards one another goes out the window and we greedily look for the easiest way to win.

12. No support. In fact I support the opposite. Allow anyone to hire allies anytime. We're too bubble wrapped atm

13. Then over price your allies. Why should you be unvulnerable to att. I will be fair u can hire my allies any time during ee

14. No support,

At the current time, all hires from war participants are allowed IN WAR. Since the start of the game, Pure spy builds were never the main war build for spies. The current meta of war for spies now is Ps. Those who war should know the risks and strengths of there build.

Those who opt as PS, should be aware of the risks associated with such. Disabling hires literally makes war less fearsome and more soft. For a war game, this is absolutely the worst implementation.

On the other hand, those who abuse the PS mechanic to manipulate wars to there own benefit - such as friendly opening etc, should receive a perm shattered sword. Just my firm belief.

15. No support!! Every pure spy knows the risk they're taking when holding allies ..Stripping is part of war after all...Cripple your enemy any way you can 

16. Lilmiss I war as PS all the time, having allies is the risk we take.

17. You are partially incorrect. In old school system wars, spy builds would war as hansel while they were online keeping their troops pinned and skimming targets with their spies. They would keep their troops pinned so the enemy could only zero them with scouts. When they went offline, they would drop to PS to not leak plunder and those same spy builds would be holding pwar allies while offline. To sum that up, they were offline with allies that were incapable of being hidden while PS and did NOT get stripped most of the time. Why? As I stated in previous posts multiple times, it was not always common practice to strip spy builds for a cheap win.

Also, how can you be ok with stripping PS, but not ok with people opening PS by dropping pots, etc.? How is it not a manipulation of wars for their own benefit?

18. You can get stripped at any stage in kaw.
    Why should EE skirmishes be any different.
    Players have not done so out of two reasons prior.
    Courtesy and treating ee as just a skirmish ( friendly war )
    Fear of reprisal - in which case. If stripped farm them and their clan. Have an osw. Whatever. It's a war game.
    One of course could always hide allies in wars.

Sorry no support. Let the players decide if the risk of being a perm farm is worth the strip in ee.

19. What the heck does a Pure Spy need allies for?
    Any ps in war with ally is either dumb or an intentional leak. Which is where rather than messing with ally hires the devs should make it so you need 1 attack building to enter a war.