Plunder Bonus Idea

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by OcToPuS, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Hello forumers, this is STRING_CHEESE here to propose an idea.

The Basics

My Idea was to create a new and improved Blood Rains- like plunder bonus, but instead of just 2 select EBs giving 8-13%, all* Epic Battles provide a small bonus. Each epic battle you complete in Tiers 1 through 10 give a 1% bonus to plunder. Tiers 11 and 12 provide a 2% bonus to plunder.
    *Excluding RotWB, HtE, and The Vanished Paladins.

How Would This Work?

There are 38 eligible Epic Battles you can receive a bonus for from Tiers 1-10. Adding in the 6 EBs that provide a 2% bonus in tiers 11-12, the maximum your plunder spell can be is 50%.
    A point to note is, that you do not recieve an entirely new spell for each EB. Each 1-2% adds to your current spell bonus.

How Long Would Your Plunder Bonus Last?

Plunder bonus spells would be set on a monthly cycle, meaning each month, however much you have managed to get will be reset. You will then have to do each epic battles over again to get the bonus.

Why?

I created this idea as a way to incentivize clans to do more than just 1-5 EBs on rotation. Also, this can help bridge the gap between paying players in HtE clans that will not get these bonuses, and free to play players in clans that decide to do many EBs to build up their bonuses.

Note: This idea is in planning stages. I will be adding more information about my idea regularly as I get the time and inspiration to do so.

2. It sucks only the biggest clans will receive the full plunder bonus.

3. Feedback noted. I'll think about it.

4. Support. Sounds like a lot of fun.

When's the last time you've seen a clan that actually does more than 10 different EB's a week? I feel like this would add variety to the game.

5. I can understand having bigger clans having a bigger bonus, but the disparity is huge. LB clans will have their 50% bonuses while small clans who can only do up to, let's say origins for this example, will only have a 12% bonus. The amount of plunder difference made with a 12% bonus and a 50% bonus is huge.

6. Removing T11-12, large clans could have up to 38%. Do you think not including epic battles that only a very few clans could do would be an applicable solution?

Also, just saying, if a clan could complete Origins, they can usually complete Evan, Nml(maybe) and possible The Haunting, which would bring it up to 15%.

7. Agreed. Sorry but no support. LB clans will get all the bonus anyways if its done like this no matter the percentiles

8. It would be dumb for LB clans to be doing the small EBs.

9. Exactly. It would provide a slight disadvantage to LB and pay to play people (such as consantly in HtE clans) And help close the gap between the two.

10. They would only have to do the eb once to receive the plunder bonus and it lasts the whole month.

11. Nice idea but if it was to happen only the biggest clans would be receiving the full bonus which would make it highly unfair for the smaller section of the community.

12. I wonder how hard it would be to program it. The devs would have to track every EB everyone has done and know when they expire.

13. ^ Not exactly, they could just have the spells stackable and each EB gives its own spell.

There would be a bunch of spells that way though.

14. Like stated in OP, the spell would combine with your previous % bonus. One spell.

15. It's like Blood Rains, except you get a bonus for every EB. All spells expire at the end of the month.

16. I see it hurting small clans more than helping... everyone is going to be clan jumping looking for bonuses they don't have... sounds like a mess..

I do like the idea of a different plunder bonus though

Big clans will always have the advantage though

17. Well, that makes it a lot more difficult to program.

18. No support, it would never work, no one wants to waste time with crappy lower teir Ebs, if they did it would cause lots of clan hopping cos no smart clan gonna add warbeast to Dragon Rotation