EE Chronicles #1: Frog's 2015 ASW WC Strategy

Discussion in 'Wars' started by O_o_____Frog____o_0, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Not just cs but actions. Make sure you do lots of attacks, assasin, steals and scouts. It seems easier to make the cs cut off point with an attack build compared to a spy.

2. I thought a large part in LB is based on battles won and this seems to be solely on successful attacks, not spy actions.

3. Frog - based on your tactics, what do you do with those who have been down and up again?
    Are they supposed to wait till 90% or full before hitting again? If so, would they not get KOed?
    Or are they supposed to SKO which is against your strategy to be up and high? Or are you banking on your opponents to be lousy at KO or just too weak?

4. You thought wrong. Just because there isn't a spy action leaderboard doesn't mean they don't count towards your overall ranking. Lots of ppl made this mistake in the pwar era when they ignored using their spies and wondered how builds like Metallicana's could be ranked so high. It is also the reason how some OSW players remain so highly ranked on the LB: they spend a lot of time scouting and stealing.

5. We skoed at 20%. If it was still early in the war and they were at like 60%, they could either try to regen to full or absorb hits until they reached the 20% and then sko on the bigs. Keeping at 95% -full was ideal, but if they couldn't I wanted them to absorb and put the enemy in a weaker position rather than try to take plunder which would be lost later anyway.

6. I meant after they were down and up again - what was the strategy.

7. If they were KOed, they were to sko on the enemies big builds until I called for an xstal.

The xstals I used relatively early in the game were meant to tank. We never plunder dived early in the game.

8. Another good thing to do in these type of endurance wars is to do dump your tropps out of pin and tank your spies. Especially in one as long as asw. If low plunder and/or ps they should let the enemy ko them as 90% of repins are by scouts. If they are high plunder or your top roster then at about 5% spies sko if able to avoid a ps1/hansels aiming them with assas or steal which will generate far more plunder then the usual scout ko.

9. That's just my opinion :)

10. Yes Syl actually we had one player who did just that. It was in the last war when he told me by on that he managed to regen his spies to full because the enemy never tried to repin him, even though he was an attack build.

The only problem I can see in that strategy might be someone inexperienced trying to regen both troops and spies and getting caught doing it, but it's a low risk.

Telling the KOed to sko on the bigs we posted in cc was an easy to understand, relatively low risk strategy. With so many people warring together for the first time and some of them inexperienced, if favored simplicity over detailed.

11. Sometimes simple is best

12. I also like giving teams in big indi wars. Half the ppl don't remember their own clan rank. But if you make 3-4 broad teams, it's easy to throw them in later. Then make no more that 4 lines of instructions so all can remember and tell others quickly. Example:

Tank teamA (cr2-30) SB 4,12,31 skim 34 up
    Tank Team B (cr31-end) SB 1,,21,24 skim 77 up
    Spy Team 1 (cr 3-33) assasin 4,15,21
    Spy Team 2 (34-rest) assasin 5, 17,34

Noob: "Sorry I was busy picking my nose and missed brief, what I do?"

Other member: "you're tank team B, Noob"

Noob:" thanks"

In this way I can save time and stress and have a half decent opening in indie.

13. I use to do that but with for example like yesterday's war our team as a whole was so weak after freedom, and we were missing so many kos as is, that I was hoping all would attack and ko one target quickly and move to next as whole. Here again I didn't have time to give them a step by step, but hoped people knew their build and would use spies on repins of worth mainly and troops on one's tjey could win easily and with most gain per troop loss. Lol I hoped for to much.

14. It's a problem when you get a war where only one top-ten is casting. Their bfa is so much bigger than others that the other side gets stacked. Then after that one top-ten lb gets pinned the rest of the clan gets slaughtered.

This could be a good argument for using bfa caps.

15. Also most ps seem to get on side with top ten so further reduces the ability to plunder. One person no matter how big can not make up for that much of a disadvantage. All the opponent has to do is zs them then sko weaks and repins on them. Yes they do make a lot, but 3 of enemies tanks equals the same roughly. Maybe don't distribute all ps to one side, or all the leaky builds and ps and small tanks to one side.