moving the decimal point. Making numbers manageable again

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Moose2, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Hello forum. I just wanted to get some feedback from you regarding our lovely KaW currency. Mainly "gold".

I've seen inflation happen over the years, and I understand that there is little we can do to stop it honestly, I don't think it NEEDS to be stopped. However, I would like to see it "managed". Earning billions in an an eb, if spending trillions on upgrades and land seems silly. We don't really need numbers that nearly spill off the screen on your iPad to make things work.

I'd love to see the developers simply more the decimal point over a few spaces and give our currency a new name, like gems, or crowns, or gold pressed latinum.

I'd rather spend 1,000,000 crowns for a premium land space, as opposed to 1,000,000,000,000

After a while, long strings of numbers start to lose meaning for me.

Does anyone else feel this way? Would you enjoy seeing the numbers reduced while still keeping the current "balance" in the game, or am I just being picky.

Anyhow. Talk to me!

2. Yes. As long as everything is just divided it will be the same thing and it will all still make sense.

3. What effect would this have on the ally market? Do you propose also doing the same for an allies value? I do agree, the KaW world has definitely become over inflated and needs to be fixed but I am not sure if simply moving a decimal is the right answer. I have always been a fan of the KaW Classic idea, a secondary "server" where only Highlands and HF are attainable.

Anyways, nice idea Moose. Keep up the good work 

4. I would support this. It's kinda like manscaping: Not really necessary, but it is nice to keep things tidy, right?

5. Support

6. So it will be the same as it is now? What's the point

7. If they decimal is shifted for EVERYTHING, the ally market should remain intact, I'd think.

If you're not sure shifting the decimal point is the best idea, what would you propose? I always enjoy other people's ideas ;-)

8. I propose to keep it the same as there is nothing wrong it.

9. So basically just scale everything down?

11. Yep. Nothing changes accept the numbers become reasonable again

12. Ive been in favor of this idea for a long time.

I still support it.

13. What's the point? With all that's wrong in the game why bother with some cosmetic crap that changes nothing? Are big numbers scary or something?

14. I agree it would be nice, though I'd rather see devs put effort into other things first. Like fixing pvp plunder to account for bfe/bfe and not pots. Then roster stacking would be less effective and we could have round wars again like in season one.

15. Yeah I like the idea, it could work.

After all...,

16. The big numbers get messy is all. I think it's a good idea if the only thing that changes is the decimal

17. It's not that the are scary, it's just that they have less meaning. For most people, smaller numbers are easier to envision. Most people can't really envision a trillion of anything, but most of us can grasp what a million is.

Anyway, hats my moosey 2 cents on the issue

18. Just cause there are bigger issues that need to be address doesn't mean we should stop nit picking the small details.

For the change, its more the fact that it looks ridiculous that we are dealing with numbers like trillions.

I mean, it is a game set in the mid evil times.

19. It's still pointless. It's like picking out colors for your walls while you're house is burning down.

20. A third currency would make the game too complicated for any new player, so that is out of the question. Possibly a new currency to take the place of Gold as you mentioned earlier Moose. Obviously HTE is the main reason for the over inflation to the KaW market, and the damage has already been done. The problem needs to be faced head on and needs, no must, be addressed by the developers. Over a trillion gold for a upgrade is RIDICULOUS.

Thinking upon this problem your solution seems to be the best Moose. Would love to see a developers comments on this idea because something needs to be done.