asw critique

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by IX_THoR_XI, Jul 19, 2015.

1. I hear about too many noobs warring doing asw. Yes they ranked top 10k but they dun know how to sko or really how to war. These noobs frustrated many seasoned warriors

The question is - who is all star material?
    Should it be only limited to ranking of top 10k players? Doesn't the term all star war mean ppl who are top players who can war well?

To b asw material should b 2 criteria
    - top 10k rankin
    - warred over 20x over the past year
    - only 1 broken sword relieved over the past year

Does this mean less ppl might b allowed to war? But doesn't this also mean more ppl might want to war regularly and possibly be allowed into asw?

I rather war with quality ppl than noobs who are clueless.

There is no point in talking about the epic fail that happened Friday night to start 1st round of asw. Yes we all know that the Devs fumbled it badly - hope they learn from this.

2. Apes are slow learners. And the asw doesn't need to be taken over by hard core war folks. Hard core war folks are what turned ee into such a low participation event.

3. Please reframe from comments like

- devs suck
    - asw sucks
    - I hate this game

Talk about this in wc not on this thread

4. 20 wars a year is not hard core

5. The asw isn't really meant to be like the ee wars. It is just supposed to be a fun event. Don't get all serious about it, and you won't have your good time ruined by inexperienced people on your team.

I wasn't referring to the "20 wars" thing. I was referring to people that take a rewardless event and turn it into a miserable experience for everyone.

6. Ok but all those things are true

7. Think overall lb should be looked at. 14m hansel was able to war but my alt that is 23m, almost twice as big, wasn't eligible to war.

8. Have a asw and anw - all noob war

Asw for what I described and anw for those who have no exp warring

Criteria for anw
    - ranked 10k
    - less than 20 wars a year, no war exp ok
    - more than 1 broken sword

9. Or they could take the ASW participants from EE participants. Devs has to put in a "mechanism" to enable you to join an ASW scenario much like how it is done in sports. This will filter normal players/builds from those who are war-hardened veterans.

10. ASW has been this way at least the past 3x. Leave it as is n keep the tradition.
    Just create a separate war altogether n allow top 1600 entrants participate out of top 15k in maybe November or February,

Other note is get S5 settled with latest info.

GL Magentas n cya on da Battlefield

11. If you put that way, then yes, it is also nice to keep the tradition alive.

12. Overall the war was fun, and with or without the problems the outcome wouldn't have been any different.One thing the Devs could have done is to organize it like ASW 2 or 3 was, with few minor tune ups.
    You sign up and join your ASW warclan 24 hours before war starts. If you are in a clan you would have been pulled out and place in your ASW ️clan.
    You can then with your clannies race to have as much unlocks as possible in 22 hours to gain the edge with the ️clan bonus %.
    ️clan match are made 2 hours before war starts.
    I think the Devs are messing it up mainly because they don't allow themselves enough time to work potential issues. By making the ️clan 24 hours in advance, all issues and war prep can be resolved before the start of the war.

13. Are you but hurt you lost asw

14. Very sensible suggestion - 24 hrs b4 asw, clans r made. They can do unlock as well as get to know each other in cc.

15. Staring 24 hours before first war is also good in that you can plan. The first war was so rushed and uncertain that there was no way any wc could have strategised besides very general instructions. More like a war on your own initiative.

16. Would be better if they did it over 3 weekends at same timeslot. You would then get ppl committing to these 3 weekends rather than 3 days as ppl hv to work or things to do. Over three weekends u could schedule things around it

17. Or they change the ASW to a month long strip war. Then EE nubs don't cry about regular nubs, they just cry about not having any more allies at the end.

Boom, you're welcome.

18. Now here is an idea worth merit

19. shmexy idea