the time playing when changes no longer are enjoyable

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by wrath_oG_Grave, Jul 14, 2015.

1. With Rusted retiring I decided I'd make this thread. When referring to technology, scientists say
    1. Any new technology invented from age 0-14 feels like something you always grew up with (by age 30)
    2. Anything from 15-36 is stuff that is new and exciting for you
    3. Anything that is invented 37+ is stuff that you wouldn't be able to get a grasp on easily and/or wouldn't want to use and/or seemingly too advanced for what society should have

My hypothesis is that the same goes for kaw

1. <1 year playing is stuff you seemingly always had when you played
    2. 1-<4 years is stuff you find that the devs made right (most of the time)
    3. Anything made after you get that four year badge is stuff that you don't agree with (usually) and/or features you'll avoid and/or stuff you think has taken the game way too far and ruins it.

Now obviously some people embrace these changes such as redstar/cella with their endless hte funds but this applies to around 95% of kaw (maybe less I haven't done an actual survey yet).

This would explain why most of the oldest players (5year+) leave. Most of them are sick of an entire year of bad changes in kaw... What do you think do you agree or disagree. Leave a comment.

Tl;dr version: the amount of time you play affects your opinion on changes in the game.

-AntiChrist

2. I might as well make a survey now

Anyone who wishes to contribute please

1. state how long you have been playing
    2. State you overall opinion on recent changes/additions (stating why you feel that way also helps)

3. Actually, there is some truth to this thread lol.

It paints with a broad brush, but the larger point is valid.

4. The people with the worst attitudes say "I had to grind it out to do (insert what ever here) so you should too."

Never mind the fact that the Change makes the game better for the majority of players. 

5. thank you for your feedback Moose

6. It would be nice to change the color of the text, the dark color puts a strain on the eyes.

As for the content, i agree with moose's point.

7. Change color please :eek: can't read on my iPhone :lol:

8. Easier to read now.
    You're welcome lol

9. Sorry I'll fix it, as the Antichrist i wanted a blood red colour but we can't all get what we want... Which brings me back on topic since some players don't realize that.

Edit: is this any better?

10. Maybe this would b true if only old players are complaining and there were new players loving the devs atm. But no. Almost everyone disagrees w devs. Players of all ages n sizes are tired of seal only events and theres really no new players (that arent alts)

11. We see new players all the time, I've tried my best to help atleast on player a day, as for myself I'm all for the events even though I rarely put money into them, I just understand that this isn't a fantasy world where people with money don't have an advantage. Kaw is a business not our personal free entertainment.

12. Yes but the events have gotten much more premium. When they started u could do reg ebs n do pretty great in events. Now theres numerous items to collect n if ur not dropping daily ur not gonna make it. Also rewards r much worse. Only top 100 get rewards or equip thats worth anything. My ice swords pretty powerful still from an early event and getting top couple thousand would get u free seals. Now u get 1 xstal n some elements

13. True but thats life

14. As Bloody_Knife, I like a blood red color too!

15. I agree with moose that this is fairly true but it's a bit too broad. The curse is, those that do like the changes don't blow up forums like those that strongly dislike them.

I personally like almost all of the recent (last 1.5 years) changes. I know many others that do too. Now, I do agree with others and wish that events were less hte driven. And I agree with most that I think the game would be better with hte removed and other things bumped (50% pvp plunder, etc).

But in general, I think there are many more "old" players that like the changes and simply don't speak up.

Btw, I've been kawing every day and loving it for well over 4 years.

16. Closing in on 4yrs of KaW.

I'd say as ppl play this long we get a certain perspective or attitude on changes or evolving of this game.
    We often cite the past n wish for the ol days but time moves on.
    That hinders most ppl's objectivity but the ol guard has many keen n good ppl still forgin forth n playin and/or input ideas.
    Taking a position of neutrality n trying to be innovative is not for us all.

Summary: i suggest councils be instituted as a liaison for all the various ppl.
    Namely EB n OSW n EE reps hold council.
    I realize kaw is pretty much that way but a lil more structure would help to keep kaw info highway go both up n down more freely.
    Those on the council can periodically use forums n update the masses n allow a sense of togetherness as kaw moves forward.

17. My 3 year old badge says that i will never get every mechanic of the game. It is too much information, therefore my opinions on events lack of valid arguments :)