The problem with Kaw

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Midget-Lover____, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Many veteran players have attempted to offer solutions over the years to the devs. The fact is, what we (as players) believe is the best actions to take for the game we love and play do not align with the ATA's goals.

Unlike players who have been here for 5 yrs, there is much turnover in what we call "devs".

Many of the current developers of this game do not understand or appreciate the history and evolution of KAW as we know it today. Let's face it, many players (like myself) know what symptoms begin to surface and what it means for the longevity of the gaming environment.

At the end of the day, remember, they have attempted to open ("spin off") new games to keep up with the competitive gaming environment and failed; they returned to their bread and butter, KAW. The challenges they face today are not new, nor do they have to be permanent problems.

I offer as I have for many years, if a developer that is empowered to make decisions would like to chat with me and other senior / veteran KAW players, we are always welcome to chat privately. That said, as a former moderator, there was not a single developer who interacted with the players (including moderators) that is empowered to make decisions. Just a fact.

Some may view my comments as hostile and over the top. I just want the game I love and play daily to thrive. The question is how serious ATA is in the same regard.

Shady

2. That is a very good idea, but there are not too many people wanting to actually help new players... Only some like wendyms and a few more... Even many begginner clans just start doing bigger tier EB's because they get more members... The main problem with new players not staying are the players fault...

3. First, I appreciate LB's posting more in forums and creating their own threads acknowledging an underlying issue that many of us have realized. Please fix the tutorial! I have downloaded other games and their tutorials are easy to understand, creating objectives adding to understanding what to do, and daily logins which obviously makes me want to play the game albeit a few minutes.

I will suggest those of us who have large stats and those way bigger than me to swing by those smaller clans who post in WC and help out. You lose nothing by leaving your clan and helping them finish an Eb or unlocking.

4. An idea that I have seen many times and even on this thread that I'd like to reiterate is the idea of automatically putting new players into "Newbie" clan. Finding and entering a clan tends to be a large hurdle for new players without outside help. Automatically entering this clan could provide them with an explanation of ebs... an extended tutorial with the new players going through accessing the battle, and explaining different bars of the low level ebs they will find outside. Have some dedicated and experienced players there to answer question and (hopefully) keep the chat running. Keep the newbies there until they choose to leave, or until their newbie gray wears off. Then offer suggestions of clans to go to based on the eb running.

Most important is to keep talking about this, spitball the ideas cause KaW needs to change.

And support to the idea of less complaining! The negative feelings feed off each other and make the game not fun anymore!

"Drink lots of milk, kids." --Mr_Tubs

5. Support this idea but ill add something interesting and good for the continuity of new players...
    Now with the 25LL discovered the ebs T1-T2 are obsoletes...with a first free level of T3 builds in all LL ,perhaps all new players have a good start and could get gold better to grow the first week fast...this idea would make that T1&T2 disappear to put a new serie of ebs with new equips and a difficulty between T2-T3 and T1-T2 builds disappear too

6. I think it would be cool if a couple clans were made that new players would be automatically placed in where people could help them out. With how much content the game has, I imagine it would be very hard to learn the game.

The hostility I've seen toward small players doesn't help either.

7. 1 of the best - i saw in Last 5 years ️

8. Depends on who you would select to be vocal, a mix of free and pay to play players.
    Huge difference in opinion. And also longterm players that have reduced spending and the reasons why.

Beyond that addition. Superb comment that I fully support.
    Communication was and always will be the key thing to kaw.
    Both developer and player community, as well as player and player.

So often the changes have been what the devs perceive as helpful or well intentioned that then get exploited. We know the exploits. Please talk to us on all levels

9. I wanna see those hooves of destruction buffed! Make it so players can hit to 0 on Troll Ebs.

"Be brave when you are afraid, kids." --Mr_Tubs

10. I used to play a game on the computer. The tutorial showed everything, what it does, and how to use it. If kaws tutorial was like that, the game would be much better.

I started playing a couple years ago. It was about a week before I even discovered that ebs existed. After about 6 months, I was about 250k cs. I had a terrible build and finally just gave up on the game. It was a couple months before I restarted and got some help with the game.

I totally support this idea. If you do start a clan, msg me and I'll join.

11. Tbh new players quit when they realize this game it's not free And in order to grow some they have to take some money from their paychek and ata don't give a damn to even run better server so kaw don't lag this much

12. Some players never pay and we still grow.... Just be patient and enjoy the time with friends.

13. Midget,

I've played this game since Dec. 2010 on my original account. Back then as new players we were scouted out in wc, and were given advice on builds, inactive to hit to grow, then when we were big enough to hit an osf we got in plunder wars. The demise of plunder wars killed a lot of the genuine desire of others to help new players to grow their clans. Now people don't look for new people to teach and grow. They look for players in other clans of a certain CS to help fill their ranks. I agree that the devs should be more involved, but that won't happen. Therefore if we want to spur new growth and better retention of new players, then there needs to be dedicated people who will go that extra mile like they did in the beginning.

14. Which brings the question of why should I lose money if one of my allies reset? Get rid of that and we could get rid of these corny reset bombs as well.

15. Maybe if the allies reset we should get 100% refund... I mean, who will use 75% of our gold from the game?

16. Bad idea, unless ATA wants us to volley transfer for free  which we know will create issues of their own.

17. Why is it a bad idea?..... My mind isn't that great you know.....

18. Take it from someone (like many others) who would exploit a 100% refund on resets, etc