A QUANDRY INTO MATCHING

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by _-DemoNSPawN-_, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Easy fix STOP casting ps1 heavy rosters

2. How do you cast a game console roster?

3. You got to blow on the disk.

4. True, since some days ago the rate of no matches is huge, is this a boycott from devs????, KEEP PRIMALS!

5. Yep still the biggest whiners in kaw.

6. .

7. 2 things need to happen:

1. You need a good matching algorithm.

2. You need good participation to ensure matches.

Participation was quite high through s3. This was when the matching needed to be fixed. No point having a good algorithm when max 4 clans cast for a given war slot.

Devs actually tried to improve mismatches in s3, but huge resistance from the player base over the nms that were created led them to abandon the effort.

Instead of going back to the drawing board, devs simply reverted to the old matching system. That gave the usual garbage matches and made some people happy for a little while.

Participation in wars is so low now, due to events, gold needed to ug, and poor matching that the war system probably needs a complete reboot in order to draw any interest.

If you want my 2 cents, the biggest underlying problem lies in the fact that the hit ratios, game and plunder mechs were not designed for short, competitive plunder based 1-hr wars, so trying to develop a matching algorithm based simply on size and hit ratios leaves out too many factors that contribute to mismatches.

8. Fwiw, this remains the best attempt at a solution I've seen in forums to fix matching, though it is a bit sketchy and details need to be filled in:

9. What Gothar said. Increased participation will solve a large chunk of the problems. Incentivize clan wars, i.e. season 5, and clans will start warring again. The main reason nobody is warring is there's little motivation to do all the work just to get slaughtered by an all Hansel roster 200mcs larger than you. Currently the only incentive to war is mith, which the devs have devalued by giving away attack heavy event eq. War for months to save up for a single piece of S3 EQ or sit in an HTE clan for two weeks and get the rewards? You do the math.

11. Yea but what needs to happen isn't just dangling carrots to get people to war again. It needs to be combined with a better war experience through a good format and a better matching algorithm to keeping people playing.

12. Agreed. Capped CS ranges and some light roster restrictions would be a good place to start. Either way I will continue to war fit the love of it but I totally understand why people don't want to.

@Zep do you really hate clan wars or just the current incarnation? Wouldn't you prefer to war alongside other kotfe members of the matching was fair?

13. Clan wars would be great if they were like season 1-2 (same style wars as indi) primals and round are designed to give advantage to one type of build and are pointless. Go back to regular wars at clans that would be great ...but more work for devs on a system they dont care about so....expect indis to be the way of the furure because it will involve no work on their part.

14. Indi only for S5
    #support