Reviewing PvP Plunder Algorithm

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Olypics, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Agreed n support fully. All builds paying the same would fix stacking of all kinds

2. After all look at top ally lb stats compared too smaller builds. The biggest make a killing against mid because of how high their attack stats are. The smaller builds plunder well against mids because their high bfa and the fact that they are smaller. Mids however cannot win against big ally lb and make nothing vs a small build that they can actually plunder

3. It does open more builds to enter at least.
    Options r helpful to include more ppl especially with CS cap. Rostering will be a chore for ppl but its doable with more builds available to use.

4. Ok, try to do this a bit more systematically.

Take a few builds (like the first two in the OP) and think about what the plunder should look like in case of successful actions.

Do you want a constant plunder regardless of any stats? Do you want similar payouts only for builds with similar strength (where strength will be a factor of cs, BFE and BFA, resp multipliers to be determined)? How should the payout drop/increase as the strength difference increases (for the strong and weak ones)? Should that be linear, drop exponentially, be capped or how would you see it?

5. All this is doing is making the top people even more untouchable do you not see this ?!!? It is very clear if you restrict hit ranges this will make it so the top players are 100% untouchable instead of 99%. You ideas benefit only the bigs that is all it is as of you are trying deliberately to screw over the newish players who play solely for pvp! That is what kaw was first and formost created for! I see a great deal of bc builds with no Bf'a and I like to hit them and be paid handsomely for it, why stop this ? You are basically making pvp even less profitable than it already is! For example if I am hitting a 130mcs hansel I want to be paid 200m+ a hit and wish to pay absolely nothing. So they are forced to decide to interact with my and not hit eb and lose gold while I make good gold! I do not want to hit and be restricted to BL these builds are no where near bigger enough for the big pay day! I simply often play the "lottery game" I type in random numbers into ally hire and see who pops up ! If there is a nice juicy bc osf/oaf I am happy ! I want to look at lb and see who I can hit for my pay day ! I do not want to be restricted to hitting some noob acc the same size as me paying the same as a eb no no no that takes the whole fun out of it completely.

6. 20-35mil on other sh, some build bigger than others. On mids 40-50mil. Bigs will pay 60-70mil but unless it's a hansel or you have very large bfa it isn't worth it. The troop loss per hit is too large.

7. First let me start by saying this ...
    ALL PVP PLUNDER ACTIONS SHOULD INCREASE BY 150%
    Meaning if this algorithm is used all plunder values for troop buildings max plunder should increase by 150% and towers negative effects should be left alone (this gets balanced out naturally in the mechanics of the algorithm)

To answer UR question ... Yes U hitting a huge osf/oaf with 99% victory chance would now pay U crap .... If UR troop lvl's were close or they had big Bfa they would pay more but yes a big hansel with no bfa would pay junk

That being said this algorithm is exploit proof meaning large, small, medium, or any build U can think of cannot abuse the system either way coming or going

Let me explain the system in a little easier terms for U so that U can understand the advantages to this

Basing plunder on true strength at time of attack/steal will ensure fair pay to hitting up , hitting down , and most of all hitting equal sizes

Remember I said Pvp plunder should increase 150% so when I say 100% it means the new 150% number

At 99% victory U would earn something like 10% of UR max plunder ability

At 50% victory chances (meaning U and ur target have equal chances of defending or success) U get 100% of UR plunder ability

At 1% victory chance U get 200%

From full 99% victory to 50% UR plunder percentage would steadily increase and as U drop below 50% U would actually make more then UR max plunder if u can win

Meaning hitting someone UR own size or strength either troop or spy size gets U the best possible payout not looking for some huge guy but someone with equal troop/or spy stats to UR own .... This opens up way more targets for U to hit for profit then currently but it also means anyone U hit for profit can hit U back for profit the essence of fair

Btw just so it's said the best part of this idea is they don't have to rewrite some huge overhaul of the plunder algorithm.... U know why?
    because THEY ALREADY WROTE THIS ALGORITHM !!!!! it's used to determine UR percentage of victory when hitting U can prove they have it by scouting someone 99%-1% chance of victory .... All they have to do is attach plunder values to each percent of victory 99%= 10% plunder, 60%= 90% plunder, 50% = 100% plunder, 40%= 120% plunder, 1%=200%plunder... Or whatever values they want to apply to each percentage the COMPUTER ALREADY CALCULATES!!!!! for each action

Now why I say pots shouldn't be included are for a number of reasons not going over all of them cept to say they are purchased items to increase def or att ability and are perishable so shouldn't be part of the plunder calculations nor part of the chance for victory calculations either ....

This is where this whole algorithm actually helps smaller builds more then larger ones tho.... At 50% victory (no pots included) U make 100% plunder .... Keep following me here at less then 50% say at 40% U actually make more then 100% say 120% plunder ... While UR saying "no crap but how does that help smalls?"

This is how now add in pots to UR att/steal action which is favored to the attacker action side of the hit.... U will win from below 50% atleast some of the time... Now UR saying "but everyone has the same pot advantage how does this help smalls more?" ....

While larger builds can compensate easier for the pot difference that difference may account for 1-2% window of increased hitting ability below 50% so bigs can earn a little extra gold at 48% victory chance ... Big deal, right?

But smalls or small stat builds like hansels /GH or ATTACK builds with small spy attack (durning steals obviously) have a much larger window once u take pots out of the equation ... They may still be successful at 30% or even 20% victory chance on other builds at their current true strength meaning they can make 120% 130% or even 200% plunder more often as smalls then other players can

Anyway think I addressed most of this issues ..... This would add to huge diversity of manageable builds in all situations including osw ee and just plain battle list Pvp hitting adding to all sorts of new and diverse tactics

Oh one more thing hit ratios or hit range.... Who said U couldn't implement hit range? U could even tighten it so much that (when bigs one bigs) hitting someone from full and they are near empty U get a dtw message if u wanted ... Imagine all the different builds ant tactics Ud have to employ in osw and ee to make sure u could pin KO or strip someone then? But that's just gravy U could still have hit ratios based on overall size of U wanted ... This system fixes all the exploits in the current system without playing with hit ratios or with very little adjust for those who still feel the need to shrink it

8. All ears Hiney

9. Lots of old and important community members have stopped playing... I guess it's just a symptom of having this type of a game... Or is it?

10. Attrition n continuous change could also be why

11. Posted on page 5

And just to add to what I posted..... In any Pvp 1v1 situation the amount U can earn off the other build is directly proportional to the amount U can "leak" being equal or almost equal in all situations (any build v any other build given they can actually hit each other) being the epitome of "fairness" and keeps any exploits off the table

12. I think any mechanics change should allow for some strategy/planning elements. For example, I liked it when bfe wasn't part of the pay clac. Then a small build with good bfe could hit up, but was awful pay and tough to hit by ppl bigger. Fun. And, building bfe takes time. What a great reward for the work. But, you needed to understand the game to play that. And, you have to check your ego and choose low cs for that route.

By contrast, an algorithm that takes into account entirely your relative strengths at the time of hitting, including your troop level, leaves little surprise and little strategy opportunities. And, a method that pays totally based on your odds of hitting simply makes the game a craps shoot - no strategy and no more fun.

Keep strategy in the game. And, keep rewards for hard work in the game. It sounds to me like what is being called an exploit is simply build/bfe/bfa strategy.

I get that there have historically been true exploits that damaged the game, but I think the bar for considering something an exploit should be high. What many may complain is an exploit might just be good strategy and good work. Let's don't nerf out of the game strategy and payoff for being active.

13. jburk,

The argument that BFE & BFA are hard to get is not valid. Just because it's hard to get, it should give you an unfair advantage? And then you want to talk about strategy?

Strategy is when you are smarter than your opponent to win a fair match.
    How about we play chess together, but I start with an extra queen because I have played longer than you?? :roll:

14. I commend n thank H1n3y for a well thought out n presented solution.
    Caught most of it n see high potential n smell a VK comin his way if he accepts it.
    Ty also MyPouf for getting serious traction on Round Wars. Hats of to both of you

I'm feeling very optimistic about it

15. best analogy ever.

16. If we want to have the devs seriously do something about it, we need to be realistic here. If PvP pays more than HTE, then:
    - Everyone would hit everyone (great, a war game!)
    - Nobody would hit HTE because 1) PvP pays better 2) you'd be a great strip target.

HTE is what brings 50-75% of the income from Kaw. You cannot ask them to cut it. So stop dreaming about an increase of 150% in PvP plunder... ;)

There is some good ideas behind this, but the numbers are wrong.
    A Lb player would have 99% chance of success against anyone, at any point in time during the war. Let's say the max plunder they can make is 400m a hit, it would mean they would hit for 40m (10% of their max plunder) all war long. This cannot work.

17. Round War can come down to timing n maneuvering n subtle tactics.
    Lots of teamwork n cohesion goes a long ways towards winning.

18. This is a good point not many picked up on. It's not just plunder but troop loss. I sometimes wonder if it is a little too easy to zero a big lb.

For example, if RedStar's bfa is so huge that all the other LB are placed on the other side in Indi war, is it realistic to believe he can be zeroed by the bottom half of the clan? Should a whale like Redstar even lose troops when hit by a mid like me?

19. Support

20. Mypouf,

I have seen a lot of rebuttals from you. It looks to me like you are unwilling to take input that is counter to your perception. I hope the devs don't think of your input as combining most of the community's thoughts.

For what it's worth, I'm not saying the work part doesn't add an advantage. I'm saying that work should be rewarded. As a result, I don't see it as an unfair advantage, but instead as an earned advantage.

I don't think it should be strategy at the exclusion of all else, but instead that there should be SOME strategy. Which, I believe there is (and could be with an adjustment - I'm not suggesting no change - only asking to keep strategy and the rewards of work in the game)

Also, I think you are focused on ee and I'm focused on osw.