Season 5 Proposal #2

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Much more realistic for most players.

The last propsal seemed to be more complicated and would require a ton of work by admins/owners. Plus the unknown and changing war times would be difficult to balance with RL. The beauty of Indi wars is the ability to fit wars into your schedule. I personally would much rather have this second type format.

4 weeks is a bit short though.

There should be an option for formed clans teams however.... helps build clan loyalty and those that have the time and are willing to put the effort into organizing a team should have an option too.

2. Really like this.

3. I like this proposal much better ! It's inclusive to the general KaWmunity versus exclusive to dedicated EE clans in the first proposal.

Nicely done !

4. Support. Indi wars are fun and generally competitive. I would not make an xtal requirement. Often times you have no need to xtal. Also there's some players/builds you just dont want to xtal. I suggest you run wars every 3 hours for 8/day to cover all timezones

5. And NO statless accounts is a big bonus !

6. Beautiful plan, I do have an option for reg indi wars, how about you have to be signed up an hour before the war matching is made and each clan signing up in the last hour can only have as many participants as would be available to allow everyone to join a clan

7. Devs I feel like wars now have become repeatative. There is no creativity, it's always the same strategy.

Season wars should be something... challenging and something different.

War types - Capture the flag - one person in the war holds the flag and in order to win within the given time the flag must b on the clans side. Plunder doesn't matter.

Kill count frenzy - team with the most kills wins. Points for sko. Place bounties for the ones who kill more.

More rewarding foe those that choose to wc. Make a wc button before war starts to let them claim more glory. Announce it to the world chat.

I could go on. I'll prob email the rest again. The game just seems so repeatative. Make season wars more bragging rights make players have different medal auras as they go higher.

Well its something for you to look at.

Happy Kawing.

8. Some good points coming out that are consequences of all indi season which can be addressed while still having an all indi season--but in my opinion, I think are serious issues that are necessary for the longevity of the game.

Two words. CLAN STRUCTURE

While I agree indi is the fairest option, one of the greatest facets of kaw is its social dynamic. The clan structure really needs to be fixed and revamped if you take away round/primal wars. People go to clans for one of three reasons in my experience (1) osw (2) ee (3) eb. With the introduction of all indi wars it eliminates 1/3 of the reason people kaw with clans. And honestly what keeps people around isn't necessarily the waring, but working together towards a common goal.

Some great ideas have been offered for clan enhancements:

•Clan banks
    •Enhanced roles of kingdoms
    •While the eb bonuses are nice, I think there needs to be longer term goals to work towards with incremental rewards but ultimately massive rewards to defense stats of all in clan. With implementation of clan banks, strips will be much easier-hence greater protection as a reward would be nice.
    •So on and so forth. There are lots of good ideas out there-now more than ever I think devs gotta jump on this. With all indi wars and minimal tweaks hopefully devs can throw something together rather quickly to enhance retention.

9. Great idea. My home clan doesn't war and I have no intention of finding a new home just to war so I do mostly indi wars anyway.

10. See, players like you I admire the most!

CREATIVITY FTW! I do agree with you 100%.
    Hence why I hope in the future we will have more diversity in gametypes for war.

My personal favorite: 1 vs 1 vs 1 wars or maybe 2 vs 2 :lol:

ALAS, ASW COMING SOON! :mrgreen:

11. Full support to indi wars

Support Bobby's idea of adding primal to indi
    And smaller roster of 20

12. There's no way to fix round tom

13. There is lol, round is the only war type that holds true to everything kaw is meant to be

14. Support! NO MORE ROSTER STACKING WOO!

15. Please NEVER add primals to individual wars. Primal wars are horrible & were only introduced to combat exploit rosters such as (lb/ssh), which are not an issue in individual wars.

16. I disagree with the format of individual wars only. Not only can't you choose who you war with, but the preparation that you put into something is completely thrown out the window. Although individual wars allow all kinds of builds to join and have a chance at winning, the fact that people can cast multiple accounts at once and go inactive for the duration of the war is something that won't allow many in that clan to win a war fairly.

While implementing a ban to all those statless alts and inactive accounts is a good thing, there are alts which aren't statless, which can also go inactive in war whenever they see fit, even when they could do it in the season only once in order to skew a result which may be really important. As a solution to this, I support the idea of only allowing one account per person participate in a specific war. That is, the complete elimination of double, or multiple accounts of the same person warring at the same time.

For all of those people who call SH "exploits," it's called making a sacrifice (if you tear down a larger build to war more effectively). A sacrifice in the sense that you're giving up the ability to grow your build bigger to make more gold with it on EBs, as well as the ability to make more drops in PVP events due to the size of the build by itself, among other small things. This is a strategy game, as well as a war game. In order to succeed, you have to figure out how to build in order to gain whatever advantage you can get. That being said, building a SH is a way to leak little to nothing to other builds in the current individual and round war formats. In primal wars, by the same arguments a SH can be considered an exploit in round and individual wars, a PS1 (hansel) can also be considered an exploit build. Whatever the war format you want to war, you have to build a certain way to be useful to your clan, and to succeed more in the type of war you're building for. You may call it stacking, but this is actually preparation and building for a specific purpose, which I think shouldn't be penalized. For all those who decide to grow large builds to make more gold, that's fine. For those of us who would rather leak little to be able to war more effectively in round war formats and grow BFA instead, why should we be penalized for doing so? It's a game, and as a game, why should someone be penalized for playing it in a different way?

Although I have spent my time to build this kingdom specifically to do round wars, and the fact that I liked the initial proposal of only having the round war format for all S5 over all others, I would much rather see all types of wars included in S5 to cater all forms of preparation and taste within the KaWmmunity, as opposed to only having individual wars, where luck makes up for most of the end result. That way everyone can choose what to war, and who to war with in the war formats that allow it. Keep in mind that you can't possibly expect to win a round war with large builds that don't have any form of static bonuses, just as a build like RedStar can't possibly do a primal war and make his clan win against the matches he would get.

In regards to the other points in this proposal, I'd rather see a loss not be penalized. The format of S4 to reward wins was fair in my opinion. I'm indifferent towards any roster size, since that will certainly test more of the abilities that a clan has in order to succeed in that war. I absolutely love the idea of getting the chance to earn the burned xtal back, although I wouldn't want to see those chances being low, like they are with the scrolls after completing the Scrag the Bloodless series of EBs. I'm happy with the bans for the reasons given in the entire season. Spammers, inactive, and abusive players make up for some of the current individual war problems. In this format, the other issues are more of inconveniences than they are problems.

17. Plz make s5 indi and primals wars

18. Why does everyone want admins to have the ability to silence people? What about if you had the option to block from seeing people's messages in cc? Maybe that gets reset per war?

19. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT DEVS YOU FINALLY GOT AOMETHING RIGHT

20. 100% support new proposal #2 of all indy wars.

0% support for proposal #1 of all round wars.