PvP Blitz Event - HARD MODE

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by _vic, Jun 29, 2015.

1. For all the complaints i've seen claiming the pvp event is too difficult, personally I feel it could be ramped up a gear. ;)

Here's my suggestion to make things harder:

Defenders lose 100% of the items taken by attackers.

That's right, I'm suggesting a closed system where theoretically no new items enter circulation, they merely get moved around from one account to another. This would introduce a whole new element of brutality to the event where only the most active, the most dedicated and the serverest insomniacs may claim victory. :cool:

Here's a couple of ways this could be implemented:

1) Everyone is given a finite amount of deactivated items on signup. These items are only activated when taken by an attacker. The amount taken follows the usual mechanics of defender loss, not attacker gain. (unless the other way around is less exploitable? not completely sure here).
    The attacker gains the activated items that can combine into a unstealable 'banked' item once the quota has been filled. This could be reduced from 500 to restore some balance perhaps.
    Assuming a defender has both some activated and deactivated items, the deactivated take prioity to be taken by an attacker, then once they have been depleted the attacker will take the defenders activated items. If a defender has none of either the attacker will gain no items.
    As the deactivated items are of no use to a player and they actively make them a target, they may be seen as something of a curse item. They must be unsellable so the only way to be rid of them is to let your enemy take them and activate them.

2) Inactivated items drop from epic battles. This would be more similar to the current setup since it would not be a true closed system. There would be a constant influx of items to the system from epic battles rather than an equal but finite amount distributed to everyone before the event begins. This is particularly nice because it makes so called eb fairies more of a target for item farming. You may argue that a simple way to combat this is not to partake in epic battles and so not become a target. Remember however that activated items can be taken just the same as the deactivated, so really the only true way not become a target is to not partake in the event. And if nobody does any epic battles, nobody wins. It's a full circle. :p
    The devs might feel a little extra incentive is needed to ensure people actually do epic battles in this situation so why not throw an nice lil plunder bonus in with the signup spell! :mrgreen:

So, support? thoughts? opinions? suggestions? come at me!

Vic.

DISCLAIMER- It's 3am and I'm pretty darn tired so please understand any spelling/grammar errors/bbcode fails/logical falacies/all of the above.

2. really? you guys got nothing? whatever. I needed sleep anyway :|

3. Then someone could make alts and steal all their items if they get 100% of them

4. Wouldn't it be best to just wait until the very end of the event, cast your spell, and max xtal and hit people but the event ends before they have a chance to steal back?

It seems like it would be hard to maintain any event items during the event so people might cast at the very end

5. I would really be into this.

6. it's simple, only let people signup in a set time before the event. just like estoc wars.

7. that's possible, still doesn't mean the items are safe from other people taking them though.

I can see this being problematic though, maybe you could have a limit on the amount of times you can hit one account in a certain timeframe.

8. This is a good idea but has a few loop holes

9. No support this is not a viable thing to do

10. Think this should be added to the eb side