An Update on Season 5 + Wars!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

newbies at war and focus on playoffs lol
    why not grow up and fix cs towers bfa bfe and look forward for season 6 ?

2. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

BANG ON CK

As for IWars in offseason for my tier it takes only 1 inactive to lose a war.
    Win or lose it sux to throw it away.
    Ppl not liking 3hrs for an S5 RW I say 2hrs of offseason IWar wasted cuz ppl r thrown together can be inactive or not xtal.
    Thats not competing to win at everyones very best.

Individual War n Clan wars r apples n oranges.
    Only need some peaches n pears n strawberries for a fruit salad now.

3. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Ya because we are going to wait a whole year just to war in a season? That's a load of bs, a year is a long ass time. I hope to dear God that the devs don't listen to the crap coming out of nighthawk

4. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

My heart bleeds...

S1 my build sucked n our clan had 63 vs 63 matches n got massacred mostly.
    Got me hooked on war n change my EB build n war like ppl should.
    EB builds sure expect a lot from war.
    Hardly acceptable excuse to have IWar in S5.
    We learned n forged forward.
    Took til S3 to get my build solid.

0 sympathy to anyone not doing the same.

Crap is ppl with no work ethic..boo hoo

5. First, it is good to hear news about S5. I'm dissapointed to hear the possibility of indi wars not being part of S5. Out of my 182 medals in S4, around 170 were from indi wars. As a mid it was hard for me to find a war clan. I hope S5 includes indi wars, because with all their problems, they are still fun.

One thing that I'd like to see in indi wars is something like a "tag" mechanism where you can "tag" a friend (close in cs to you so you are in the same indi bracket) and you get to go to war with him/her. If you are tagged you can't tag anyone else (to avoid exploits). It is always fun to war with friends, although it is sometimes even more fun to war against them :)

In general, it seems the proposed S5 is too complicated and will make it hard for some to war. Hope some things are tweaked and, of course, for indi to be part of S5.

6. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

One suggestion was IWar on the side
    S4 i got approx 60% of medals from IWar.

7. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Keep up this elitist attitude. It's what drives people away. You're going to have a lot of fun when you don't have any wars when kaw shuts down. Bunch of dummies talking crap when the devs keep screwing over the player base 

8. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Not elitist u noob.
    Its called play a long time is this is what gets done.

Nothing more than petty envy n jealously n no credit given.

Standard response from ppl joining after others. Then cry about it. Never hear me cry about LB.

9. Man you're about 28 pounds of stupid in a 15 pound bag. No one is jealous of you on a dying tap tap game. What credit do you want? That you've hit eb more than me making more gold and upgrading more. Sure, here's your gold star.

How about looking around you and seeing that 90 percent of the people think this whole thing is a crock. At the end of the day that's the only thing that matters. The devs continue to do the opposite of what the players want then the game dies. Way too much competition out there for devs to be arrogant or cater to the arrogant.

I've put my money where my mouth is. Not a single cent more out of me. I've spent the entire weekend open for the event depleting my surplus of gold. Hopefully more people step up and say enough is enough and either force change or kill the game. Devs and their lb overlords can sod off.

10. For the new readers here, who do not have 40+ hours to read the entire thread, I made a summary HERE

11. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

How do you think all of us that started warring before indi was introduced got started? We joined up with other noobs to make a roster and have fun. Hell, I probably lost my first 20 or so wars cause the only war clans I could get in were with other noobs like me. But I consistently did well and that got me invited to a better war clan, and then a better war clan, etc. Stop acting like it's so difficult for noobs to get war - if they want to war they'll out a roster together, we all did when we started. We didn't have the privelege of being able to cast for an indi war to get a taste for it in an 'equal' war we had to suck it up and hope for the best lol.

12. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Same here n guess what it was fun.
    Rome not built in a day.

Again a challenge to ppl wanting IWar.

State how anyone of any size can enter n fully know what to expect?
    Idc about hearing why ppl don't xtal n its money.
    Nor about thats the way IWar is.
    Eg Shattered Sword is ban for entire season?
    or 1 idiot can hurt the entire clan still?
    Don't use excuse that war clans suffer from that.
    They choose their roster n get what they deserve.
    Tell us all about who is WC n Tracker n does the SS or ppl can enter n hide n mooch?
    Would ppl EE for renewal n not for a season?

A complete IWar understanding is needed.
    If IWar is included ppl can expect any builds will enter..that is fine.

13. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

How am i elitist?
    In IWar in my tier I'm small usually.
    In RW i get massacred.
    In Primal i hold my own.
    I sacrificed plunder a long time ago for war.
    I'm not LB.

As usual u know lil n produce much bs.
    U r self serving with no towers n can make lots of EB gold. U want it every way. Selfish

14. Remember when 100's of clans used to sign up? Keep ignoring the problems they will fix themselves.

15. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Individual Wars have proven to be a much more effective than previous methods, such as yours, in introducing people to estoc wars. Many people in the other aspects of this game are hesitant to war, and in current situations, one must make major changes to their build to be successful in wars. If you don't have the proper build, your options for war clans are slim to none. One could merc wars, but it is basically a guaranteed loss if you do not have the proper war build, as the only rosters you will get into are those with similar eb builds. Changes in one's build is what gets an individual into a better war clan. I can have plenty of experience, but if I don't have a good build, noone would roster me. If I am new to warring, then I would not take the risk to change my build.

Eb builds are hesitant to undertake such a major change to their builds solely to war. If I was in their situation, without individual wars, I would not. It's a risk. I was reintroduced into the warring system through individual wars, as a eb build. I had not warred since Pre-Season 1, and missed all the other seasons due to multiple OSW's. As soon as individual wars were released, I became hooked, and spent a good amount of money to become a build which would get me into the better rosters. Without the experience that individual wars gave me, I most likely would have quit this game long ago. Many other warriors share the same experience I just mentioned, and this has helped tremendously in increasing the size of the warring community.

Why Should Individual Wars Occur In Season 5?

Many people, who also enjoy being successfully in other aspects of KaW also wish to compete for the rewards in Season 5. These people have been seen supporting individual wars in Season 5. Many of the concerns seem to be coming from those who only participate in Estoc Wars. To those people, I'd like to remind you that increased participation is great for better matches, and increased interest in the warring community will bring better rewards, and events from the developers in the future.

Now, I'm not asking for a purely Individual War season. I just ask that they are not removed from the season. I think Season 4 did a great job at weighting Individual Wars. We want to encourage new participation in wars, but we want to favor those who spent money making the better builds. Hopefully, these new war participants will enjoy warring, and change their build to be more successful within the warring community.

I'm just glad this is a S5 proposal, and not the actually thing. Thank you for that, ATA.

16. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Good for you Tom, you stuck around and now you are a great player and WC. I would ask you and the devs to keep in mind this is a game and not a second job. If they want to make this more accessible and inclusive of all then maybe doing the most hated war type is not the best way to go.

17. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Devs are noobs even in their own game , just proposing this idea for s5 it's an insult to all kaw veterans warriors so ! S5 will blow !

18. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Being in some ppls faces n disagreeing with them there is a serious outcry goin on here.

My opinions here r no better or worse than anyones else's.

I'm happy this PROPOSAL was released.
    The furor its created make it very evident much change n real change is needed.
    Thats hard to argue.
    Many vets alike have also posted with ideas n solutions.
    I'd like Kaw_Com to acknowledge if feedback is effecting tweaks.

ASW can proceed as planned.
    S5 preseason proceeds also if tweaks done.
    If S5 has a real probable chance of being tossed then replace with more war events.
    I'm guessing S5 would've been 10-12 weeks duration.
    If correct can monthly Weekend War tourneys replace S5 altogether?
    Warriors can choose to enter tourneys easier with less block time committed if even possible.
    Rotate war formats.
    Clan wars r one option.
    IWar the other with tweaks:
    WC steps up n puts name in hat to be picked by the devs to lead. WC WOC button.
    Say its 16 WC's the warriors who cast r pooled n picked by WC's in a draft.
    Roster sizes TBD to generate 16 clans.
    Produces up to 4 rounds of war in 2-3 days.
    Consolation round for losers in 1st 2 rds.
    3 rounds guaranteed for each clan.

Need wars n keep those of us that enjoy them to be more frequent with less offseason.

19. SUF, of course switching to a war build is a risk, but it was a risk I took and never regretted it. I used to be a teeny tank-esque build and did fine in round wars, just lost them all cause the teams I warred with rarely had experienced wc or trackers, but people gave it a go and we all tried our best, which is more than can be said for many indi-warriors. If people want to war in a competitive manner it should be with a clan not in the random jumble that is indi. People say that Sh ruined round wars, but one big reason that they 'ruined' it was cause people would match them over and over. With a round-robin system people only have to fight 'exploit' rosters a few times, majority of wars would be good so long as enough sign up. You want a chance at really good equipment, join a war clan and do S5 as a team. Can't get into one? Either adjust your build or start your own. Thats everyone who warred before S4 had to do.

If you want evidence of a war clan I ran you can check the war history of the clan Warriors of the Forgotten. (except for the last few wars there, I left them when I had argument with the main clan owners) you'll see there is an account called Tom in pretty much every war. I wc'd every war, and won a fair few and lost a fair few, but I had fun. None of us who warred there had any idea what we were doing when we started and it was great. That account didnt have a fancy war build, it was 2/4/0.5/2.5 and I sacrificed a load of plunder to get those stats for a cheaper price cause I wanted to war. Honestly people shouldn't expect the ability to war competitively to be handed to them on a plate, work for it!

20. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

I don't have time to read 80 pages of posts....however my only request is...I long for the return of the real system war48 hours, a real mans war. I know I'm old school but that's how I started warring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.